Brookdale Creve Coeur - Saint Louis, MO

The Hallmark offers the best of both worlds—a beautifully wooded residential setting, just minutes from everything St. Louis has to offer. So, whether you’re ready to simplify your life, eliminate the daily demands of home ownership or simply need a little assistance with day-to-day activities, The Hallmark is the perfect solution. In addition to the beautiful location, The Hallmark offers unparalleled services and amenities that allow seniors to fully optimize their retirement years. A fabulous dining program with a variety of menu choices, housekeeping, scheduled transportation and 24-hour staff availability are just a few conveniences we offer to provide residents the peace of mind they need to continue to live life as they please.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Positive experience

My loved one is doing great. For the most part, she likes it a lot. I think every place can have some improvement, but she feels comfortable and supported. The Brookdale is a clean place and very well maintained. The meals are good, I've been her guest at dinner and I liked what they served. I've seen the activities on the activities calendar and it seems like they do have a lot going on.

Everything Is Going Good

Everything is working out pretty well for my aunt here at this community. She is doing good, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. A place for mom was very helpful with all the help they provided us with.

A true 5 star facility!

Our mom has lived at Brookdale of Creve Coeur for almost 2 years. In addition, on many occasions we have stayed in the guest suite on our visits. Our experience has been wonderful. The assistance we received in the very beginning in the sales area helped us to make a positive transition for our mom. They demonstrated a great deal of care and understanding given this was a significant change for her. Her large one bedroom apartment provides a great deal of comfortable living and storage space. The food and dining services have been consistently very good. There are multiple daily activities and opportunities for outings. She also benefits from having the Brookdale Home Health Services located right in the facility, along with their Personalized Living Program. They came in very handy when she needed some additional support. Her overall experience, and ours as family members, has merited a consistent 5 star rating.

very positive vibe from Sally - display apartment suitable. makes the short list and will contact if further follow-up warranted. Decision to go with another facility. Thank you for your assistance.

It is a good facility it is very clean and up to date and also the rooms are too. My loved one is happy about staying and wouldnt even think about changing their mind. Everyone is very friendly there also.

It's a very nice facility and everything is fine there.

It's a very nice facility and everything is fine there. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I would think anyone would be happy there. We are very pleased with them and how they care for our loved one.

It wasn't what we were looking for.

This is one of the places we looked at that when we were looking at places. They were very expensive, and we didn't really care for the floor plan that we saw. They also didn't have much of a physical fitness program.

This was my favorite of the places I toured.

This was my favorite of the places I toured. The only thing is that my loved one didn't like that she would have to pay for breakfast even if she did not eat it, and she is not a morning person. Other than that everything was fantastic, everything was clean, and the staff was very friendly.

I love it here

I use the pool a lot, and I often have to call to get the pool cleaned. I have had to argue about the bill, I have yet to get a bill for the correct amount. The maintenance staff has a lot of work orders. The staff are overworked, they are excellent, but need some help. They allow pets, and I was able to keep my car. They have excellent physical therapy, they only have one water aerobics class a week. The food is pretty excellent. I have a full size kitchen, but just a single sink. I love it here, though. They are extremely friendly, it's a little more casual here.

What impressed me was how e...

What impressed me was how engaged the residents were (my visit was just after the monthly 'Chat with John' - the resident's monthly 'town hall' meeting with the Executive Director), how engaged the staff I encountered during my visit were with the residents, and, frankly, the building itself. I also found the apartments quite spacious (even the studios) and the ones we visited all were very homey. I liked the fact that they had on site PT and OT therapy beyond just the 'work out room'. Now, I only visited Hallmark because I was just going to 'check it off my list'. I really didn't think it would be a place I would seriously consider. The price list I got from Devonshire of Lisle (the Brookdale community) had a fee for every little thing (escort to dining room, transportation to Dr. appointments, medication management, bathing assistance, laundry, etc.) and I pretty much figured we couldn't afford a Brookdale community based on that info. But the price list I was sent must have been for Independent Living and not Assisted Living, and I was remarkably surprised at the prices I was given at The Hallmark of Creve Coeur for Assisted Living. The price was $4750 for a studio (and all studios regardless of floor plan is the same price - and priced by month not by day) and seems to be all inclusive - personalize plan, medication management, everything. Dawn (my guide) and I talked quite a bit about the cost and what it covered, and it appears that the only 'extra' expenses that are not covered are phone, 'groceries', and of course insurance and prescriptions. This community seems much more affordable - and yet, the whole facility felt much more 'luxurious' and more high end than Sunrise. What I'm not sure about is the more rigid dining times (and the residents have instituted a dress code for the Independent Living Dining room!) - I don't know if Mom would 'conform' (she has always been a non-conformist at heart!). I didn't get a real straight answer on the staff to resident ratio (I got a 'depends on' answer), and I forgot to inquire about the policy for ongoing staff training, and I forgot to ask about whether there were dedicated CNAs for the residents or if they changed from day to day. The Hallmark is very definitely a 'high end' residence and I don't know if mom would be comfortable in such a'fancy' place - but even so, it still felt very welcoming and homey. (Mom could, of course, surprise me and be looking for just such a residence!) I liked The Hallmark very much and still think it has possibilities.

A bit on the high side pric...

A bit on the high side price-wise(IMO anyway) but you get a lot for your money. A extensive breakfast buffet every day and 20 dinners each month from a very large menu - restaurant style dining. The common areas are beautiful and the staff seems wonderful. There's a nice safety element in the emergency pull cords in bed and bathroom as well as a check-in system each resident has to use to let the staff know they are alright each morning. There also seem to be a lot of activities included in the monthly price of your unit. While there are some large units, the more affordable ones are quite small but certainly adequate and very bright - nice windows and a bit more of a kitchen than I've seen in some places. Of all the places we saw, this was my mother's favorite.

Independent With Assistance Available.

They have different movie nights and bingo and some other activities like exercise programs. There are lots of options. My father is doing real well there. They're very helpful and very accommodating for any of his needs. The food is really good. I haven't heard anything negative from him. It's more of independent, apartment style living with additional assistance available.

Companionship and Transportation

The Hallmark does a great job with activities and the transportation of the residents. The staff is helpful, friendly and very accommodating. This is a good place for people who have companionship and transportation needs. The main reason our loved one moved here was so that she could have social interaction.

I'm sure it is a lovely com...

I'm sure it is a lovely community, but I spoke to someone there and they are more of an independent living solution. My father needs a lot more care than that.

We like the large closets and up to d...

We like the large closets and up to date facilities.