The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation - Raleigh, NC

Thoughtful caring staff

The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The staff is as sweet and encouraging as they could possibly be. I work as an independent caregiver and so I observe a lot of interactions here. The residents have several activities from which to choose and lovely areas to sit and read a book from their library, or enjoy the sunshine. Residents are often seen lounging by the fireplace chatting or enjoying their visitors. Even the hair salon is run by a friendly, caring lady. The rooms and linens are kept clean and in order. Really, the only "con" would be that if you want a soda while eating in the dining area, you need to provide it yourself. But, all in all, I'd be happy to retire here myself.

Kind Tour Of This Community

We had a lovely tour of this community. Our tour guide was there on time ready to show us around the facility. The community looked good, everything was nice, and clean. The staff we met answered our questions, and was very kind. Everything went well, but we did not think this was the one for my mother.

Dad's Good Care

We are happy with the excellent care of this community for my father. The staff is attentive and he likes being able to get out of the community on the small trips away. The menu is good and he is pleased with the variety. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one with a good value for the card that is received.

Things are coming together here for my wife.

The moment I walked into this community I liked it and the pricing was good. They are set up more for independent living and they have worked with me to find great care givers and a companion that helps my wife with her everyday activities. She has a lovely 2 bedroom with a washer and dryer and they even provide housekeeping once a week. My wife enjoys the many amenities they offer, she is not too excited about the food but they offer a different option for her to choose from. I know my wife is being well cared for here.

Clean facility!

We are doing very good since our move into The Gardens. I like the activities that they have to offer, and the staff is especially nice. The facility is clean and organized, we are having a good experience so far.

Parents are Well Here

So far I'am satisfied with my parents move to this community. Everything is working out well. They are safe, and in good hands at this community. The staff is kind, and polite when I come to visit. I'am pleased with their move to this community, and I would recommend it.

Things are going pretty well so far

Things are going pretty well so far. She has only been there around a month or so, but she is getting adjusted. So far, we do not have any complaints with the staff or the facility. Overall, we have had a good experience.

Good place

After looking around at many places, we decided that the Gardens at Wakefield was the best place for our father to stay. The room sizes are big. The price is decent and the food was very good. The people who manage the place are very friendly and knowledgeable. So far, he is enjoying his stay!

The staff has been very responsive..

The staff has been very responsive. The move in was easy. Overall, it was pretty good experience. It's very clean and everyone is very nice. This is a nice community.

My likes and dislikes of Tgardens if Wakefield Plantation

The hosts were very friendly and helpful. They were very supportive of my dilemma of having to sell my condo before I could move there. They gave me a month for my deposit for a unit, with the understanding that if I didn't sell I would get my deposit back. I was unable to sell my condo and got my deposit back. The entire facility and the apartment I viewed was very nice. Actually I would have loved it there.
I didn't like having the main meal at lunchtime. Also, there was no choice of the main entrée. Since I don't like fish, I ended up with a sandwich. Overall the food was Ok, tasty. I stayed for one activity, play bridge, no one showed up.

Very attentive, friendly staff. Dini...

Very attentive, friendly staff. Dining room provides great food and lovely atmosphere while maintaining easy-to-navigate floor plan for residents who use walkers.

They are clean and friendly, but there have been some issues that have come up.

They are clean and friendly, but there have been some issues that have come up. There were requests to have some things done to the room and those have not been done. The maintenance is not so good. The meals are sub-quality for the price of the community. Peanut butter and jelly should not be a daily standard. The population of The Gardens is quickly becoming an assisted living and not an independent living community. They seem to be willing to take anyone who is able to pay. It is driving the more independent residents out as quick as they can go.

We moved in this Senior Liv...

We moved in this Senior Living Community on November 15, 2013. It is clean, nice and has parking. It is small and I like that.

I had a great visit. Friend...

I had a great visit. Friendly staff, staff knows residents, nice residents, good food. I am not interested in Holiday properties unless I can't find anything else. There is too much variability between communities and they are more expensive and they have frequent (substantial) price increases.

Another excellent community...

Another excellent community. The tour and everyone there was great.

Residents Overview of The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation

Very friendly and kind place. Residents are open and welcoming. Staff is very kind and helpful. Food is nice. Location is great as far as I am concerned. Close to several major roads, a medium sized shopping center with grocery, gas, post office, restaurants, spa, wine bar, pet store, Tuesday Morning, Antique store, mail packing storee with FedEx and UPS. Drug store.
Location is practically in Wake Forrest and just off Falls of the Nuse Road which is where major places of interest/shopping/restaurants are located.
Easy to get in and out of by car. Two ways to exit and enter which is helpful with traffic flow.

can get food to go, and eat...

can get food to go, and eat in room, has w/d in room.

Very little incidental costs

My mom's jsut getting more into the swing of the activities, she was not very happy to start with so it took her a while to put more effort into activities but she's gone on some outings, she's started to play bridge again and bingo. What I like is they do have incidental expenses. Within reason, you can have friends come and eat and they do not charge you, transportation within certain distances is included and it's frequent; a lot of places, it's only this day and any other day they charge you. The biggest problem is that they were taken over about a year ago, it had been very closely managed by just one woman and it was much more of an independent living and there was a lot of turmoil and of course, the price went up when it was taken over and taken in a different direction. They did manage to keep one of the resident couples, Robbie and Carmen, who are wonderful, they really make this place work, but they've brought some others in who I think are jsut too old to keep up with what you need to do. They have an audiologist who comes to the building once a month and she has an office nearby so people could sign up for appointments, but they won't let her do the appointments anymore so that's a little hard for them to remember when she comes in. I think all things considered, they do a pretty good job.

Too independent.

Too independent.

1-2 bedriin 1450 + 6.50 meal + 25 hsk...

1-2 bedriin 1450 + 6.50 meal + 25 hskpg + electric + 150 move in

Loved the place

Loved the place

This is the place. Independent with ...

This is the place. Independent with just the right support. Apartment has full kitchen, washer dryer and large bathroom. Social needs, plus meal plan.

My mother loved this facility!

My mother loved this facility!

The Gardens at Wakefield Plantation is located in Raleigh, NC, the capital and second largest city in the state. The 121-unit luxury community features a fitness center, theatre room, library, billiards room, koi pond, putting green and much more. The community is conveniently located in the northeast corner of Raleigh with close proximity to WakeMed Health and Hospitals, known for its heart center and rehabilitation facilities, and Falls Lake, a scenic 1,200 acre lake. Visit our friendly live-in managers today to discover Raleigh’s finest independent senior living community.