Welcome to extraordinary, full-service living with peace of mind for the best years of your life - at The Fountains at La Cholla. Arizona's award-winning, full-service community just keeps getting better. The Fountains at La Cholla offers extraordinary full-service living on a rental basis in scenic northwest Tucson. You’ll never tire of your view of the majestic Catalina Mountains and spectacular Sonora sunsets. Here residents enjoy an active lifestyle of growth and discovery, with activities and programs specifically designed to fulfill lifelong dreams. Stroll through the Sonoran Desert Museum with the grandkids when they come to visit. Enjoy a symphony at TCC Music Hall. Take a trip to historic, art-filled Tubac, or hike the nearby trails. Whatever you delight in, The Fountains makes it possible.

The Fountains offers services and amenities to bring out the personal best in everyone, and to allow residents the freedom and independence to choose whatever they wish to do or to be. Dine in comfort with your neighbors in our dining room, where each course is attentively served by courteous wait staff. The wonderful aromas and flavors of the variety of entrées tastefully complement the elegant decor. With our efficient housekeeping and responsive maintenance, your home will always be well-kept. And our transportation service is ideal, offering a variety of planned excursions to local points of interest and scheduled trips to shopping centers and medical complexes.

Not the place for me

I toured this community and felt it was too big and overwhelming. I felt it would be too crowed with over 200 residents.

We like it here.

This is a smaller community and the staff are great. The food is good and if you get there early enough they have a good variety of choices. They offer several card games such as poker, bridge and pinochle. They also have other activities available. The community is close to the Northwest hospital. This community is well taken care of and I would recommend it.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for choosing The Fountains and for taking the time to share your review. Please let our dining services team know if we’ve run out of a favorite item; we want to make sure all the choices are available throughout each meal. We are honored to have you as a valued member of the community, thanks again. Sincerely, Fran Donnellan, Executive Director

Poker anyone$

Staff here is first class. Very friendly and helpful. My experience here would be perfect if there were more poker players.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks! We’ll invite all poker players in residence and get a few games going. Let’s also see if the players have any favorite men’s clubs, or veterans groups who might also like some cards and camaraderie. Thanks for the suggestion. I have to say though, if I saw an invitation to play poker with a guy named Jack Diamonds I might have to hold my cards close. Sincerely, Fran Donnellan, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Fran Donnellan.

Worth taking a look at!!

We did not choose this community as it is a little farther away.The staff I met were nice and the community looked clean. They offered a lot of activities.

A happy Mom

This community is in a great location, it is convenient to everything. Cleaning and food are optional charges. The meals need improvement. It is always covered in gravy and not many options. The change was not a good one. The facility is clean and my mom gets her roomed cleaned every other week. If you ask you can get a yearly deep cleaning. My mom likes the exercise activities the most, she likes the variety of activities, the change was good for that.

Watermark Ambassador

Hello and thank you for sharing your review. I’m glad you love the location, activities, programs and services but I’m sorry to hear you aren’t 100% satisfied with the dining experience. We firmly believe that dining is a joy in life and we’re committed to absolute satisfaction. You and your Mom are welcome to attend our dining committee meetings and comment cards are always available after every meal. Please also feel free to contact me with input any time. Sincerely, Fran Donnellan, Executive Director

Gold Standard!

I would recommend The Fountains to my family and friends. After visiting I was ready to move in myself! This was the first community we looked at and it definitely set the bar high for other communities. My mom is still getting settled but already loves the community. I have had the opportunity to enjoy meals with her and the food is great. We received great service and the dining room staff was very helpful. My mom is also looking forward to attending the exercise programs available. Her room has a great view and she is very comfortable in her new apartment. The entire staff is very friendly.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our community; I look forward to sharing this with the entire team. Please stay in close communication and let us know anything we can do to help her thrive, whether that’s a new class, club, event, outing or menu item. Thank you again, I look forward to seeing you at our family gatherings and out and about in the community. Sincerely, Fran Donnellan, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Fran Donnellan

Impressive ,positive staff,lots of amenities,good food

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your impressions of our community in an online review. I’ll share this with our dining leadership and the whole team at The Fountains, They’ll be glad to know that their love for what they do is shining through. Sincerely, Fran Donnellan, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Fran Donnellan

the staff and the general feel

The thing that impressed me the most at The Fountains at La Cholla is the attitude of the staff and the general feel of the facility on a purely subjective level. So that was good. Bringing my mom from another facility on the east coast, comparing the two, the people here are interested in doing things rather than just sitting around getting older.

The staff really cares

My Mom has not even been there a month. In the short period of time that we have been there, they have been really wonderful. My Mom is in rehab and they have come to check on her at the rehab facility to see how she was doing. The facility is nice, the room is priced at a reasonable rate. Anytime we call, they are there to help. The staff really cares.

Real Open Staff

The staff at The Fountains just seems to be real open. Whenever we have had issues or concerns in getting in touch with them they have jumped on it immediately and have gotten it taken care of, which is good.

Loved this facility! Staff were amazing! So much activity going on and the energy level was high. Food was really good. Top of the list for us.

Everything is Good

They have done everything well at The Fountains at La Cholla as far as I am concerned. About my only complaint is that sometimes when we have to the food brought to us, it is cold and we have to heat it up.

Very nice property, with good amenities. The draw back is that the assisted living is completely separate from the Independent living, and is quite a walk, with some locked doors. So the best and largest part of the property is really geared to independent living. A good choice if we can't get into Atria.

Grace was a great tour guide, very helpful and informative.

good value

Compared to other places we have evaluated, the value at The Fountains at La Cholla is very good.

The only complaint that my mom has expressed is that when they go down for Sunday brunch, the line is so long. She is diabetic and by the time she sits down she is feeling the insulin reaction.

They are really on top of taking good care of mom though. For example, she recently had a fall and they were right there to help her and to care for her afterwards.

Very happy with The Fountains

Their move-in consultant was extremely helpful, they never got impatient with our multiple visits and questions, and everyone from the staff to the residents were helpful and welcoming. we are very happy we chose The Fountains for our mom.

Tour The Fountains

The Fountains was the community that was the "best" fit for the priorities that were most important to my parents. Some of those were: affordability, location, convenience of covered parking, continuing care options located in the same campus area, dining facility, and the updated apartment amenities. There are common areas with books, computers and seating in various locations in the building. The unit patios are a nice amenity, along with the convenient laundry facilities placed throughout the building. Many of the residents have decorated the areas outside of their doors making the hallways inviting and individualized. Pictures and artwork can be hung in the units so that it feels like home. The Fountains has a staff member that helped my parents determine what pieces of their furniture would fit in their unit. It made the move much easier and my parents were so happy that so many of their things could come with them to their new home. I would definitely recommend touring The Fountains. I think you will like it.

It's been just excellent.

It's been just excellent. The people are wonderful, and the food is great! It's clean, and the staff is friendly, and we are very happy with them. It's just been wonderful.

Couldn't be better !

We have enjoyed living at The Fountains for many reasons. First and foremost is the friendliness of the staff, and willingness to go the extra mile for their guests. Secondly, the food is outstanding; just couldn't be better.
The Fountains is a lovely residence with excellent facilities, activities, and security.

Very nice place!

Overall things have gone very well at The Fountains! I'd give them high marks across the board! It's a nice looking place, and everyone here is very friendly. They also do a great job with the food!

The place has been really great.

The place has been really great. The community is fantastic, the majority of people living there are very happy. The staff is very nice and bend over backwards. Of the five places we visited, it was the least hotel looking and the most homey looking, and we saw the most interaction between residents and staff. The size of the room was nice, and was one of the least expensive for the size and the amenities. We have a nice view out the back to an area that is kept clean and well manicured. The thing I thought was really nice was that when we would be walking through, the lady who was showing us around, knew everyone's name. The nurse couldn't have been nicer, too.

It's been fine so far.

It's been fine so far. The thing that surprised me is that everyone warned me about difficulty in the transition, and there wasn't any it was very seamless. That goes to their credit, they are considerate and aware of that and sensitive to it.

I love it here, I tell everybody, that I love it so much I can't stand it.

I love it here, I tell everybody, that I love it so much I can't stand it. They have exercises and swimming exercises. The food is okay, I'm eating better now, than I did before. We have a casita and they have kitchens so I can cook when I feel like it. Everyone is very helpful. The maintenance man is really nice, and thoughtful.

Great value and services

The amenities and services are extensive at the Fountains. There is a wide variety of housing choices and prices are very competitive. We really like the large open lobby area and the cafe open to the public. It is in a safe and convenient area of town.

A place to call home.

I had a tour of this facility in February 2014. I was very impressed. This is a place I would be proud to call home. I had the opportunity to speak with a resident who lived there. I actually had a private conversation with her as I ran into her in the restroom. She had lived at other retirement homes in Tuscon and she said that this one was the best one and had the best food as far as selection and flavor. The price is rather high if you need special care but if you are still healthy, it's quite reasonable.

The Fountains in Tucson, AZ

The marketing staff (Grace) was gracious and extremely helpful. A binder was sent to my mother prior to her move in which was extremely helpful (new address, lease, resources, etc.)

The community is very clean, residents are everywhere (activities, dining, or just chatting) and the
staff calls them by first name--very important.

The daily menu is wonderful--several selections along with "sides" and desserts. The dining room is clean, spacious, and well-appointed.

I would definitely recommend this community!

From the first day we visited the fac...

From the first day we visited the facility we felt it was warm, inviting, very friendly, both residents and staff. After visiting several others mom decided this was the place for her. She needed to sell her townhome in Colo so we went on the waiting list for a unit. One on the ground floor facing a courtyard became available within 6 weeks so we put down a deposit. She moved in 2 weeks ago and is very happy. The facility is friendly, helpful, clean, food is great.
Though we were rather surprised to have to pay $47 for a second set of keys which seems rather steep and should have been communicated when we ordered them as we weren't told there would be a cost. We needed some closing documents notorized for the sale of mom's townhome and they sent a staff member to her unit to help us out. She even made copies for us.
She hasn't had a chance to use many of the amenities yet as she is having trouble with her knee, but looks forward to the exercise classes and other activities offered.

Really Good

They're very clean and the value is hard to dispute becasue dad definitely needs to be there. He doesn't engage in a lot of the activities but they do have a lot. They're going really good. The only problem and that's not with The Fountains, it's that Arizona state law, they can't have side rails on the beds. My dad keeps falling out of bed and the Arizona state law is against restraints. If anybody can change the law they ought to because he's falling out of his bed and his wheelchair. It's not their fault - they can't watch him every second.

The Fountains has a generou...

The Fountains has a generous size apartment and the facilities, dining and activities programs are all very attractive. One challenge, if the resident needs assistance with basic catheter the service may not be available.

It was clean and everyone was really ...

It was clean and everyone was really nice, they have a lot of amenities for their guests. Cost was a little more than the first place we looked. Dad liked this one because it is so close to home. In fact he has decided to move in with Mom so he is looking for a one bedroom.

This place was like living in a 5 sta...

This place was like living in a 5 star hotel. The staff was especially attentive and had all been there for years. It was a little pricier for less benefits but comfort of living was excellent. Very peaceful and all the people living there looked very happy.

Definitely on the list. Pros. Mo. pri...

Definitely on the list. Pros. Mo. price, and weekly Friday Mass. Cons-Next to NWMC took 40 minutes to arrive.

Our favorite! People were friendly.

Our favorite! People were friendly.

Was very impressed with facility but ...

Was very impressed with facility but not the shared bedrooms..want a private room.