The Fountains At Greenbriar - Independence, MO

The Fountains at Greenbriar offers extraordinary rental retirement living in a quaint, suburban setting that is ideally located to all the area has to offer. Improve your swing at a nearby golf course. Enjoy a dinner theater performance in Kansas City. Explore the collections of fine art at area museums. Or tour one of many historic homes. Whatever you delight in, The Fountains makes it possible.

City Info

Independence, which is the fifth-largest city in Missouri, is sought out by retirees for its beautiful parks and trails, its numerous senior living options, and the outdoor-centric lifestyle it provides.

- Independence has a walkability score of 26, meaning that most errands require the use of a vehicle.
- Approximately 120,000 people live in Independence, and the average age of residents is 40.
- More than 100 senior housing facilities are available in this region, including group homes, assisted living communities, and independent living communities.
- Residents enjoy a comfortable climate with four distinct seasons. July and August are tied for the warmest month of the year, with temperatures reaching 87, and the coolest month of the year is January, when temperatures drop to the mid-teens. The sun shines 217 every year, with an average of 42 inches of rain and 26 inches of snow annually.
- The city is home to the Disabled American Veterans organization ) and is situated near the US Veterans Affairs Department and the VA Heartland Network.

Transportation

Residents have many options for exploring this beautiful city, from convenient public transportation to rideshare programs.

- Trains: Independence is home to an Amtrak station.
- Independence's bus service is provided by Kansas City Area Transportation Authority, which offers service all throughout the city. ADA paratransit service is available to residents who meet certain qualifications.
- Taxis: Independence is home to several taxi services, including Local Budget Cab,Kingdom Transportation, and Orange Cab Company.
- The city is served by two rideshare services: Around Town Rideshare and Uber.

Health and Wellness

With so many world-class hospitals and medical centers nearby, Independence affords residents easy access to exceptional medical care and support.

- Hospitals: Local hospitals include Swope Health and TMC Lakewood.
- Medical Centers: Local medical centers include Centerpoint Medical Center, Heartland Medical Center, St. Mary's Medical Center.

Sports and Leisure

Residents of Independence enjoy a lifestyle centered on the outdoor amenities the city has to offer.

- Golf courses nearby: Winterstone Golf Course, Stone Canyon Gulf Club, and Blue Springs Country Club.
- Tennis courts/clubs nearby: Metro East Tennis Center and the Plaza Tennis Center.
- Gyms nearby: Genesis Health Club, Planet Fitness, and Bodies Health and Fitness.

Shopping and Entertainment

As the fifth-largest city in the state, Independence offers a wide array of shopping, dining and entertainment venues to suit every interest and lifestyle.

- Clothing stores near Independence include Macy's, J.C. Penney, Maurice's, and Ross Dress for Less.
- Grocery stores in Independence include Price Chopper, Country Grocery, Aldi, and Cash Savers.
- Independence is home to numerous dining venues such as Carraba's Italian Grill, Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen, Chick-fil-A, and several McDonald's.
- The city offers several libraries where cardholders can borrow books and movies, use the internet, and take advantage of many community activities. Libraries include Mid-Continent Public Library, Trails West Public Library, Charles F. Grabske Sr. Library, and the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum.
- Independence is sought out for its numerous parks and historical attractions, including Waterfall Park, Vaile Mansion, and National Frontier Trails Museum.

Religious Facilities

Independence is home to five Catholic churches and numerous Protestant churches, some of which date back to the 1800s.

- Catholic Churches: St. Mark Catholic Church, St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church, St. Mary Parrish, and Nativity of Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church
- Protestant Churches: Calvary Baptist Church, Messiah Lutheran Church, Bethel Baptist Church, New Hope Baptist Church, and Pleasant Grove Primitive Baptist Church.

Really Happy Here

My friend loves being in this community they are great. She needed to be around people and her mental health is already improved. She doesn't care for the food but they got a new chef so maybe that will improve. She love loves all the amenities there like the chapel,movie theater and a library. There are always coffee and tea on each floor. The laundry room is on her floor. I would recommend this to my friends and family.

Facility was very nice. Location of the facility was not good for me.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Sincerely, Tina Dietz, Executive Director

A good visit

This is a nice looking community. The people I met were friendly. This community seems to offer some nice amenities. They allow pets and they offer transportation.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks! I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Sincerely, Tina Dietz, Executive Director

Smooth Move!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and I am pleased with how things are going so far for her. The staff made the transition smooth for her and helped her in any way that they could to get my mother settled in her new place. The apartment is a perfect fit for her, it is spacious and has all of the amenities she would need. Overall we have no complaints so far and look forward to her future at this facility.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’ll read your review to the team and acknowledge them for their dedication and thank them for a job well done. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your mom continues to thrive here at The Fountains at Greenbriar. Sincerely, Tina Dietz, Executive Director

A tour for family.

We did tour this community. We liked that the rooms were bigger and it was a close community for families to come and assist with her care. We did not like that the community was dark inside and did not have a home feeling. Activities are offered to the residents. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of loved

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting, taking the time to review our community and for your positive feedback. We pride ourselves on a warm, welcoming friendly atmosphere and that comes easily because our team truly loves what they do. Our sense of community comes from knowing our residents, their likes and dislikes and providing a fun-filled lifestyle with lots of events, programs and choices. Thanks again for visiting I hope we see you again soon. Sincerely, Tina Dietz, Executive Director

I would live here

The staff here are wonderful. They offer daily activities. The food is good and they take good care of the community. This community is in a good location for us and they offered a better transportation option than other communities. I would recommend this community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you! I will share this comment with our caring, friendly team and thank them for the difference they make every day. We love what we do and I’m so glad it shows. Sincerely, Tina Dietz, Executive Director

The Other Location We Toured

The location was the main factor for my dad. When we toured this community it was in another city. The tour was nice and the representative was respectful and informative about the community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to call me at [removed]. Sincerely, Tina Dietz, Executive Director

Helpful Staff

I had recently taken a tour of this community for possible living arrangements for my self. They where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan they had available as well as the other great amenities throughout the building. It was just not the right fit for him in the end decision.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your high marks and for visiting our community. Whatever your choice may be, please feel free to call any time if you have questions along the way. We are glad to help in any way we can. Sincerely, Tina Dietz, Executive Director

Going great!

My father is happy with his experience at The Fountains so far. The place is clean and well organized. My father has had no complaints, he is happy with his apartment and the staff that work there. The food is good as well.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. We value your opinion and we’re so glad you are satisfied. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your father is thriving. Thanks again, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director

Good Move

All is well for my mother since her move to this community. I'am pleased with all they have done for us. It is a great place. They a great job keeping everything nice,and clean. It has been good experience.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. I’m so glad you are satisfied with the experience. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your mother continues to thrive. Sincerely, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director

After Carefully Evaluating, We're Not Intersted

By all means the tour was welcoming. The staff were real nice and generous with their time. I have no objection to how nice the facility was. Although the idea is very appealing it did not meet our interests. The location, eating arrangements, and smaller unfavorable characteristics declined our offer here.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks – I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited. If it would be possible to give me a call at [removed] I would love to learn what we could do differently to make our impression more favorable. We are focused on constant improvement and your insights would be very helpful. Thanks again, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director

Great activities!!

I would have to say my favorite thing about this community is the amazing people that live and work here. They have a great staff and very friendly residents that I enjoy the company of. They have a common activity center where I enjoy going to keep busy and play different board games and participate in different events, Overall I am happy and have no complaints.

Watermark Ambassador

I would have to agree! Our residents and associates are simply the best. I am so glad you shared your review - thank you. Keep the feedback coming, we are always happy to learn how we can help you thrive. Sincerely, Desiree Rogers. Posted on behalf of Desiree Rogers.

NICE COMMUNITY BUT FEEL MOM WOULD BE HAPPIER AT THE PARKWAY

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks – I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited. If it would be possible to give me a call at [removed] I would love to learn what we could do differently to make your mom and family happy with choosing The Fountains. We are focused on constant improvement and your insights would be very helpful. Thanks again, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director

Care for a loved one

I am happy with the care that my father is getting in this community. We like that the community like that the community is clean. The food does need some improvement. He is offered to participate in activities., but not at this time. We would highly recommend the care and value to other families.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience; I’m glad to hear that you and your father are satisfied overall. I’ll share your review with our dining services team to ensure we are achieving your satisfaction in every area. If you have more specific feedback on choices he would like to see, or other ideas for improvement please call me any time. Sincerely, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director

The Kitchen Needs Help!

The problem with the place is they don't have enough help for meals, You have to wait an hour to be seated, 15 minutes to get a drink, and 15 minutes to place an order. I was in the hospital recently they have better food. For my apartment, I have to housekeep every 2 weeks. Monday nights are laundry nights, they give you a bag where you could put your sheets and towels. They wash them and return them the same day. They will also do personal laundry for a fee. They have activities such as bingo and cards, also a lot of outings. They will take you to the grocery store but you have to ready to go by 9am. Before I moved in, I was told they can take you to appointments, but they want a notice a long time before. They have a gym on site.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your feedback; we are 100% committed to your satisfaction. We’ve just hired new management in dining services - we’re working diligently and making great strides in improvement. I discussed your feedback with our transportation manager. We request a 48-hour notice but it’s a good idea to let us know sooner if possible since the schedule fills on a first come, first served basis. If you’d like to discuss any concerns or ideas in greater detail, my door is always open. Sincerely, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director

Good care for mom

This is a wonderful community. The staff members are wonderful and very caring. They offer alot of great activities. The food seems to be good.She is starting to participate in the activities that are available. She is happy with the meals and the variety. I would recommend this for other families that need care for a family member.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review. Its wonderful to see new residents blossom. Stay in touch and let us know everything we can do to ensure she continues to thrive. Sincerely, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Desiree Rogers

The Kitchen Needs To Make More Desserts!!

My loved ones really like this community but the only thing that at the moment hasn't worked out is that they run out of desserts very quick. My loved ones look forward to their dessert and the kitchen is always out of them. One of my loved ones really enjoys the field trips they provide for the residents. It's a safe community with wonderful staff.

Comfort For Dad!!

The staff have been communicating well with my father and i. He likes residing in The Fountains At Greenbriar it's a safe community and he seems to be doing good. There are no complaints about the meals they are healthy and nutritious. At the moment he is not participating in activities but they are offered.

Community well maintained!!

This community was beautiful with lots of great features.I have no complaints about this community the staff where great and very informative during our tour. My parents just needed more care then what they had to offer.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting and sharing your impressions online. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed meeting the associates and liked our community, but I’m sorry we’re not a better fit for your parents’ needs. I wish you all the best in your search for the ideal community. Thanks again, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Desiree Rogers

Everything is going well at The Fountains!

My mom has settled in very well at The Fountains At Greenbriar. The staff have been extremely helpful and courteous with the transition. The community has a lot to offer, a variety of activities, and amenities to choose from. They provide a wide range of options for meals. We are satisfied with the care the staff is providing!

I would recommend this community!!!

Mom is enjoying her stay at The Fountains. She is going to be moving due to her medical condition so she can be closer to her doctor. The food is pretty good and when she had a small issue with it the chef was very responsive to her requests. The community looks good and is kept clean.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always happy to make changes to accommodate the needs and desires of our residents and I’m glad your experience here was positive. We wish you and your Mom all the very best. Thanks again. Sincerely, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director

Its Alright and Clean

My parents are here at this community and are doing very well. The community is very clean and well-maintained, no complaints. I feel comfortable with the staff caring for my parents needs. My parents also enjoy the food very much. They do offer activities but my parents have chosen to keep each other company. I soon hope they will try a few activities for enjoyment. I would recommend this community because my loved ones are happy.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and impressions. We are honored to have your parents at The Fountains and I’m so glad they are happy and satisfied with life here at the community. Feel free to call us with any ideas for a special class, club, musical program they might enjoy and we’ll explore the possibilities of adding them to the calendar. Usually once folks venture out to mix and mingle, they quickly become more involved. Thank you sincerely. Desiree Rogers, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Desiree Rogers.

My wife loved the facility. It was very clean and well maintained. Local shopping along highway 291 provide a good variety of restaurants and groceries.

I enjoy it here

It is good, real good. No complaints whatsoever. I have been her now for a month and a half. I enjoy it here, the facility is well maintained, and I am well taken care of here. The staff and the residents here are great.

Professional and friendly staff

This facility is really big, and they always seem to have a lot of activities for the residents to do. It is always nice and clean. The staff is professional and friendly. The other residents seem to be thriving and happy.

Everything Was Pretty Good

Overall, I thought that they were very friendly and very nice and very helpful. They explained things very well. When my dad left they had closed the upper dining room where he lived, so that was inconvenient. Other than that, everything was pretty good.

I loved the Fountains

I loved The Fountains. My Dad has passed away, but I think he did enjoy being there. He was there for such a short time, but I think that staff was wonderful with him. A Place for Mom was also very helpful in finding the place. The recommended three places and we loved them all.

She is happy with it here.

She is happy with it here. It was a really good experience. No major complaints. I would give them a five so far.

The fountains is awesome!! Wonderful place!❤️👍

It was really nice.

I toured here while I was looking into options. It was really nice. It was really big, and the hallways were long. I think it was bigger than she would have liked. There was a lot going on, and I think she would have been really overwhelmed.

I think this place is exceptional. Immediately upon walking in, there is a sense of community and the residents are wearing smiles. On each floor, there was some activity happening. The guide was very helpful and understanding and didn't bat an eye when my mother seemed confused or tired. I was very impressed.

I would definitely recommend them.

They have done a good job so far. It's a nice place, the staff is friendly. They have plenty of activities, and the food is good. There was a little bit of confusion at first when it comes to the money, and which room we were getting. Compared to the other places available, this was a very good value for what you get. I would definitely recommend them.

every thing over there is great no worries nothing bad to say or address i like the facility it is clean in and out side i gave the rating over all a 5 star rating i would recommend to other families in need to make sure or ensure the care of their loved ones

Great Staff

The staff and leadership go out of there way to insure the safety and happiness of their clients... My Mother is there and her adjustment is amazing... Thank you all for your tremendous effort...

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is our pleasure and privilege to serve your Mom and all our residents. We are so happy that you chose The Fountains at Greenbriar. Please stay in contact so we can continue to be sure she is thriving.
Sincerely,
Desiree Rogers,
Executive Director

After not having a very good experience living here, Mother and Father in Law moved. They siad it was hard to make friends, lots of "Cliques". They posted a written notice for the 60 day requirement on the Managers door on January 1st, being a holiday. This week we noticed that they were charged 3 extra days rent because the Manager did not get the written notice until January 3rd. Our family is so glad that they moved from the Fountains. YMMV.

Watermark Ambassador

We enjoyed having your Mom and Dad here and we were sad to see them leave. I will share your review with our Resident Ambassador team. Our commitment is to make sure that everyone feels part of the family from the minute they walk through the doors. I’m so sorry to see that the final billing has caused upset and disappointment. We follow our policies in a careful attempt to be fair to all. I am always available to speak with you further if you have any questions or if you’d like to further discuss your concerns. Sincerely, Desiree Rogers, Executive Director.

They are doing a fine job. I really like it.

They are doing a fine job. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I really like it. The only complaint we've gotten has been about the meatloaf, other than that it's great. We liked the overall prettiness, and the safety measures they take.

They are doing a real good job.

They are doing a real good job. It's clean and the staff is friendly, they are great. It's clean, and they try their darnedest to help out if they can. The food is good, and they offer two hot meals a day, lunch and dinner. You can order a hot breakfast for an extra charge, but they offer a continental breakfast for free. They come in every two weeks to clean and sweep my floors, and clean my bathroom. They have pretty good parking here, and they do offer transportation, and a lot of handicapped spaces. I think they are doing a good job.

Mix experience

We've had a mixed experience with The Fountains at Greenbriar. Overall the facility itself seems very nice. It is clean, well kept, and all of the staff seem friendly and caring. They also have great food, and a wide variety of activities. However, I feel like the care is somewhat inadequate for anyone with more complicated care needs. We've received phonecalls about our loved one being disruptive, and when I rush over and arrive 15 minutes later nothing seems to be wrong. We also ran into an issue where They also say they can handle diabetic care, but when my loved one ran out of testing strips they did not have any extra in case of emergency on hand, I had to rush out and buy some at Walgreens.
Overall I'd say that it is a decent place, but maybe more appropriate for someone on the lower end of the care needs spectrum.

Very nice place, would have been my first pick.

This is one of the places we looked at when we were touring. If I had been looking for places for myself, this would have been my pick. However my mom chose a different place. This was just a little nicer, newer, and just a little more upscale. They also offered a lot more amenities, and activities, different church services and such, which we really liked.

We are happy with our choice.

We visited a couple of different communities when we were searching. We liked both of the places we saw. This was a little more affordable. They are clean and the staff is friendly. We are happy with our choice.

Review of The Fountains At Greenbriar Independent Living in Independence, MO

I really liked it; lots to do inside the community and lots of activities planned outside. Love the free transportation within 15 miles to all of their doctor appointments.

We didn't think my elderly aunt would...

We didn't think my elderly aunt would be able to live independently due to her health conditions. But we took a chance and The Fountains has been just perfect for her. From The Fountains staff to the Carondelet staff... wonderful kind and caring service has been provided to her. It is so comforting to know that at just the press of a button, someone is there right away when she needs help. I would recommend The Fountains at Greenbriar to everyone.

My mother was at the Fountains for ju...

My mother was at the Fountains for just over a year. The folks were good, the food excellent and I felt she was in a safe and friendly environment.

I would recommend others to consider the Fountains.

We really liked the apartme...

We really liked the apartments here and felt they would work. However with the additional nursing cost felt it would be too difficult for me to get there as often as I would like to defer some of the costs. Still keeping it as a top choice.

Very friendly staff

We toured this location when we were looking into options for my Mom. Everything looked great, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The person that gave us our tour in particular was very helpful, they really took the time to make sure all of our questions were answered and that we had all the information we needed. Mom decided she wasn't quite ready to move, but this would have been the place we picked.

I can't think of anything they could improve on.

There is always something for her to do, I really like that. She loves the food! She looks forward to going to dinner every day. I can't think of anything they could improve on. Everytime we've been there she is just so different than when she was living at home alone. She feels safe there. When we looked around at our different options, the staff is what won us over they were very friendly, and helpful, and they answered all our questions.

Excellent tour - Dave had a...

Excellent tour - Dave had answers to all my questions - impressive facility with extensive amenities - certainly on the top of my list.

Great Value!

They're a pretty good outfit. I've never seen it dirty. It's expensive but they offer so much built in to that rate. They take them to doctors, they have some kind of excursion everyday, all kinds of activities, and the meals are included too. According to my mother the food is just okay. I've eaten there a few times and I would say it's just okay too. The care is fantastic. I really like the way the place is set up. On each floor will have something like a movie theater and a library. There is a dining on my mom's floor so she doesn't always have to go down to the main dining room.

appears to have potential f...

appears to have potential for us. Did not have meal so am unsure as to quality of food. Still not open to committing. It does provide the transportation and amenities that seem vital.

Scheduled yearly rent increases of 4-...

Scheduled yearly rent increases of 4-6% would put this out of my comfort zone. Otherwise, I was very impressed with everything I learned--sounds like a lovely place to live!

Liked staff, liked the facility, and ...

Liked staff, liked the facility, and she likes Independence. A definite possibiity.

This is an independent living facilit...

This is an independent living facility. Great place though.

Nice facility, with alot to offer wit...

Nice facility, with alot to offer with activities, lunch, continential breakfast, dinner, transportation. Everyone is really friendly. Opportunities to volunteer-example the library; Can reserve dining rooms for events.

Very good for price. Lots of activit...

Very good for price. Lots of activities on first floor. Deaf friendly, but not ASL certified. Breakfast and one meal provided, but for more can have 3 meals/day. spacious rooms for money. Dishwasher in unit. Very nice dining.

wonderful place, especially for the p...

wonderful place, especially for the price.

I have toured this facility and was v...

I have toured this facility and was very impressed.

Very active residence with lots to do...

Very active residence with lots to do. Pretty much what I was looking for in that meals, maid service, transportation and other day to day needs provided with rent.

We really liked this place.

We really liked this place.