The Fountains at Franklin - Southfield, MI

The Fountains At Franklin has proudly served the elderly of Metro Detroit since 1978. Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before. That’s why we created a community filled with options, from affordable studio apartments to spacious two-bedroom apartments, assisted living, memory care units, great cuisine and an active lifestyle of growth and discovery. It’s all part of our culture of choice. It’s not what you’d expect, and that’s the whole point.

very nice facility

Although the staff was very nice, I found the carpet dirty and residents unattended. When I toured the bathroom that residents are taken to a woman was alone and wedged behind the tub. I don't know how long she would have been there if I hadn't been on a tour. This is certainly not a place I would place my loved one.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m sorry your experience was so out of line with our standards. I have spoken with the entire team and also welcome your call any time if you would like to discuss further. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tawania Foster.

We had a wonderful visit at the Fountains at Franklin. The atmosphere was very friendly, clean and inviting. After viewing three additional locations, the family agreed that this is the place for my dad.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting and sharing your impression and experience. We’re committed to creating an extraordinary community where people thrive and an excellent value for the lifestyle our residents enjoy. Please call me anytime if you have questions or if we can help in any way. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tawania Foster.

I was disappointed there is no outside area for the memory care people. There was long dark hallways that lead to a small common room. It seemed this would isolate him in his room.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m sorry, it sounds like your tour didn’t include our sunny outdoor areas. Residents of each of our three levels of memory care enjoy rejuvenating walks, feeding birds and simply sitting outside with friends enjoying a nice cold glass of lemonade. Our common areas are typically vibrant with classes, programs and fun activities. I would welcome you to join me for lunch or coffee and another look to be sure you’ve seen all the memory care neighborhoods we have to offer and how they’re different and tailored to the needs and preferences of residents and families. Thank you for visiting and for your feedback. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director

My tour

This community seems to offer some nice amenities and the people we met were nice. The community seemed well taken care of. The community we chose came recommended by another resident.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you! I will share this comment with our caring, friendly team and thank them for the difference they make every day. We love what we do and I’m so glad it shows. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tawania Foster.

We have heard no complaints

My friend seems to like the staff at The Fountains. She is happy with the food and she is starting to get involved in some of the activities. They keep the community well taken care of. The community is close to family and friends and I would recommend it.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to resident and family member satisfaction and I’m so glad you are satisfied with the experience. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your loved one continues to thrive. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director

Nice Community

So far everything is working out pretty well with my mother move to this community. She does have her complaints, but I do feel comfortable with her move to this community. The community is well maintained when I come to visit. They do serve well balanced meals, and there activities offered for the residents. She is doing well overall, and I would recommend this community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for letting us know you are happy and satisfied; we greatly value your opinion. We are honored to serve your mother and family and to ensure she is thriving. Please stay in close contact and always let us know what we can do to make life great. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director

Great place for dad

This community is very good. My father is getting involved in activities and the meals are really good. It's clean with a positive atmosphere.He's doing well!

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for the positive feedback. I will share this with our entire team. Let us know anything we can do to ensure he continues to thrive.
Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tawania Foster

Stay away from here!

I need to get my mother out of here, she is so miserable. Everything is terrible from the food to the care. I would give them an "F." It's been an awful experience.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m very sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the experience and surprised, as we usually receive high marks for our friendly team and great dining. Would you please call me at [removed] at your soonest convenience so we can address and resolve your concerns as quickly as possible? Thank you, Tawania Foster, Executive Director

A nice community

My friend seems to like living at this large community. His apartment is nice and it is located close to everything so it is easy for him to get around. He likes the food and they keep the community and his apartment clean. The staff are nice and helpful.

The perfect fit!

My loved one has come along so well since his move into The Fountains. He has really enjoyed being there and it has been a good experience so far. The staff have been very welcoming and helping him adjust. Without a hesitation, I would recommend this community to anyone looking into it.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please don’t hesitate to let us know anything we can do to ensure he continues to thrive. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director. Posted on behalf of Tawania Foster.

Working towards the right direction

Since I've put awareness on a few things I'm going to give them time to improve those issues and get to a 5. For the money my friends are paying the care should be top of the line. I like The Fountains because it is centrally located. I'm quite pleased with some of the things they have done for seniors. I would not underrate them by no means.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your review and for sharing feedback to us directly so we can achieve 100% satisfaction. My door is always open and you can also feel free to call me any time at [removed] to discuss. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director

My experience...

My brother seems to be adjusting well at The Fountains at Franklin. They have postings and a calendar to let residents know which events and activities are going on. He's not completely thrilled about the food but that I think is a personal preference. It seems to be well run and well organized. The staff is helpful and friendly. They worked with me when moving him because it was such short notice.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate your compliments and I want to ensure we are achieving satisfaction in every area. If you have more specific feedback on dining choices he would like to see, or other ideas for improvement please call us anytime at [removed]. Please feel free to encourage him to complete a dining satisfaction card at his convenience as well because we absolutely love to delight our residents at every meal. Thank you. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tawania Foster.

The Fountains was our first tour and really made us aware of the positive aspects of living in a senior environment. The apartments were nice and conveniently located in one area of the building. The activities are many plus you can stay active with your current activities. I especially like the fact that you can choose to stay there with or without services. To me this would give one time to adjust to a different life style. [Removed] was congenial and informative.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting and for sharing your positive experience. I would like to personally welcome you back for lunch, coffee, a special event, class, or outing at your convenience. Thank you again for sharing your impression. Sincerely, Tawania Sears, Executive Director.

Husband is Doing Well

So far my husband is doing pretty with his move to this community. They have a good staff at this community. So I know he is safe, and receiving good care. I haven't had any problems with this community. The community looks good, they do a great job with the cleanliness. It has been a good experience. If I knew anyone looking for similar care, this is a community I would recommend.

Clean attractive building and outdoor space with a friendly helpful staff. Great price for what you get. Only problem was that there would be a lot of walking required to navigate the building.

Fountains was in my top choices. Very pretty and clean, the staff warm and friendly, residents out and about and happy. [Removed] gave a comprehensive tour. I would definitely recommend this facility.

Wonderful community

My son moved here recently and things are wonderful. he was in the independent side intentionally but he wasn't getting the attention he needed.He has since moved to assisted living and things are going very well. He is getting individualized care now. They seem to have everything here. If you need something they can accommodate you. I see an inch of improvement in him every time I visit. I also like that the surroundings are so pretty. They have nice big windows in all the rooms and that's important for those who are bedridden because they can watch the birds and see the outdoors. We chose The Fountains at Franklin because we had a friend from church we used to visit and she would walk us around the building. It was always nice to see the residents out and about in their street clothes. All the staff I met when visiting was very nice and we thought it would be a good place for my son.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. We’re all so glad he is doing well and that you are satisfied with the experience. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to go above and beyond to ensure he is happy, engaged and making constant progress. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director

Very Pleased With This Community

I would this community the highest ratings. I'am very pleased with my mother's move to this community. They are taking very good care of her, and her needs. She is doing very well since her move here. The staff is great, they are very attentive, and helpful. They have accommodated many of our needs. This is a community I would recommend, it has worked out well for us.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your review. We value your opinion and we’re so glad you are satisfied with the experience. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your Mom is thriving. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tawania Foster

I would not recommend this community.

The staff at this community were rude. The care was bad and they did not give my mom her medication on time which caused her to be taken to the hospital numerous time. Her room was never clean, sometimes they did not get her dressed and you had to wait for food.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m very sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your experience. I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person to address your concerns. I don’t have record of several hospital visits for any of our residents and I would like to ensure we are all on the same page going forward. We are 100% committed to your satisfaction and I hope to hear from you soon. Please call me at [removed] to discuss. Thank you. Sincerely, Tawania Foster, Executive Director

Was a good tour.

A step down community

This community may be where mom will be moving when she needs more assistance. The staff were great and helpful. The community was clean and well taken care of.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Thanks again, Tawania Foster, Executive Director Posted on behalf of Tawania Foster.

Prepared To Tour

They were real good and attentive to our concerns and questions during our tour. They were prepared and ready to give us the tour. However, my brother had toured The Fountains at Franklin and he didn't like it for my mom.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks – I’m glad you had a positive experience. If you ever have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Thanks again, Tawania Foster, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tawania Foster.

Very warm and welcoming place. They emphasized an "open 24-hours" kind of philosophy. Although seemingly well maintained, the place showed some age and wear and tear. Far and away the most outstanding feature was the vibrant and energetic staff that we met, including Director of the AL Unit and Director of Admissions who gave us our tour. They really put us at ease with their directness and explaining their phipospoh of senior care, including the importance of individual dignity, etc. Also, here we saw lots of different groups interacting in different spaces--around the piano, in the lobby doing a Christmas word game, and in the library.

The staff seemed very friendly and accommodating. The facility itself seemed in need of upgrading/remodel.

It Looked Nice But Did Not Hear Nice Things

It was a nice looking community and it was a good tour, When I was touring, there was a dog that wouldn't stop barking. I was shown a unit, it was nice. After the tour I heard that it was not a good place. I did not look into the community after hearing it was not good.

Nice place. Affordable. Older building. 3 levels of memory care. Staff and clients non-cauc

Awesome Community

It has been awesome for my mother-in-law since moving in. The meals are very good for my mom. There is plenty of activities for my mom, she enjoys them. I would recommend this community for the help they provide.

A Good Tour of this Community

I toured this community for my mother. It went pretty well. From what I saw everything appeared to be nice and clean. It is a good looking community. The staff was kind and welcoming. They answered my questions and were informative. It was a nice tour, and a good experience.

Satisfied with This Community

I have really good experiences here at this community. My father used to live here, and I was very satisfied with his move here. My aunt was starting to improve and become more active since her move here, but she has recently been admitted into the hospital. She wasn't eating well. It isn't the community fault, they were caring for her well. I'am pleased with community and all they have done for us.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for sharing your review and positive experiences at our community. We are committed to the health and well-being of every resident and strive for 100% satisfaction for residents and family members. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help your Aunt or family in any way. Thank you. Sincerely, Tawania Sears, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tawania Sears.

VERY impressed with the activity schedule. Watermark university looks like a winner! So much nicer inside than it looks from the outside. Norilee made the tour feel like a 'welcome home' for my mom. This property definitiely makes our short list.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting, for placing us on your short list and for sharing your review online! I hope to see your mom in our Watermark University classes as a brand new neighbor soon. Sincerely, Tawania Sears, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Tawania Sears.

Nice but not comfortable with there set up.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for sharing your online review. I’d really like to learn more about your concerns so that I may address and resolve. Could you please give me a call at your convenience at [removed]? I would greatly appreciate your time. Thank you again. Sincerely, Tawania Sears, Executive Director

The Fountains Has Been A Good Selection So Far

I have only observed for one month. As with every place there are going to be staff that are more efficient and caring than others. I only wish there was increased staffing and better weekend coverage. I take my hat off to those caregivers who work extremely hard and you wouldn't be able to pay them enough for what they do. I hope there will be an opportunity to review again in the months ahead. I don't want to forget the food department and one cook in particular that is very good. The housekeeping department also does a great job.

Review of The Fountains at Franklin - Southfield, MI

The management female that works there was very arrogant and presents a very bad attitude

Review of The Fountains at Franklin - Southfield, MI

Talked to them and looked them up on line. Same situation as above. Very nice apartments. Great for seniors but I don 7t think that he will get the interaction here that he can get in a place more open. With separate apartments he would be and feel isolated. Not for our purposes

Review of The Fountains at Franklin - Southfield, MI

My mother lived here.She loved it. Lots of activities on 6 off site. For a short time she moved upstairs for additional care () from a hospital-rehab stay. Then was able to go back to apartment. She got personnel assistance for Rx daily ()

Could do better

We are very disappointed with this property. The fire alarm goes off almost every night and it takes 15-20 minutes before its shut off. The rent was increased by $50 after only 6 months. Handicapped residents are not given escorts during outings so other residents are unfairly left to tend to them. I requested a manager contact me regarding the rent over a week ago and still have not received a call. We will be moving and will not recommend this facility to our friends.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback; I’m terribly sorry that you are experiencing dissatisfaction and I hope you’ll call me to discuss solutions. Please allow me to address here, as well. The fire alarm is sensitive but it certainly should not be sounding that frequently. We cannot stop the alarm until we locate the source of smoke and determine that there is no risk of danger to residents. I am discussing with the Director of Maintenance today to identify the top sources of false alarms so we can communicate ways to remedy this with our residents.

Our contract states that rent increases take place in January. Rate increases are never welcome news, but we find that instating any increase once a year across the community is far more efficient and fair than trying to manage this on a one-year anniversary basis.

We do not provide escorts for individuals residing in our Independent Living neighborhood. The bus driver assists with packages and offers help to everyone getting on and off the bus. Residents from our Assisted Living and Memory Care neighborhoods of course have escorts at a higher resident to staff ratio.

Our managers are given 24 hours to respond to inquiries and anything longer is unacceptable. Could you please call my cell phone at [removed] to discuss your question as well as your experience overall ? Sincerely, Cathy Lubanski, Managing Director
Posted on behalf of Cathy Lubanski.

Great atmosphere& staff

My review of Fountains is nothing short of amazing. The staff, doctors, facility& environment made the decision to choose Fountains a no-brainer.

Not impressed with overall cleanliness, otherwise fine.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to give us an online review. I sincerely appreciate the five stars for value and four stars for care, friendliness and activities. I’m sorry to see you did not experience a spotless and clean community. I’m sharing your input with our Director of Housekeeping and I hope you visit again soon to give us another chance at a 5-star impression. Again, thank you for your time and for helping us improve. Sincerely, Tawania Sears, Executive Director Posted on behalf of Tawania Sears

Looking and feeling better

Just began the first 30 days for my Mom. So far, good. She has adjusted very well and the move was worth it. She looks better already and loves the food. For 96 yrs old, she is still very active and Fountains has the activities to keep her up and going. Too soon to go any further with ratings.

Great Workers During the Week

I think from my experience, I have come to visit my mom during the week, and they have exceptionally great workers. It is just on the weekend is when they kind of fall off. They aren't as punctual in following up on things. During the week I would give them five stars, but on the weekend I would give them three stars.

great spot if it fits your need.

I only can speak to the assistant living division where my loved one is enrolled.
beautiful grounds;
good location; young conscientious staff; would be stronger program if they had a few more employees per shift on the floor.

Friendly, helpful staff

So far everything has gone well at The Fountains of Franklin, they are taking good care of my loved one. It is a nice looking, clean facility and the staff are all very friendly. I was particularly impressed by the sales person and the touring process in general, they were very informative, and a big help!

Nice place, overall

The Fountains at Franklin have a lot of staff on hand, and I have never seen them shorthanded. They are all willing to lend a helping hand when needed. I like the fact that my Dad has an assigned caregiver. When he gets up he does not have to just sit in his room, he gets up and gets ready for his day. They do have a lot of different activities going on, although my Dad is a bit of a loner, so he does not participate in many of the activities that they have going on. It is a very nice place, overall.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We do strive to meet residents’ needs in a timely manner and in a way that does not impact their own schedule for the day. I love to hear about your father’s daily routine, that he simply gets up and gets ready for his day. Our residents don’t have to be gung-ho to join everything yet they still have full, satisfying days. Again, thank you for letting us know about your experiences. It means a lot to us to hear from our residents, their families and friends.

Best regards,
Tawania Sears, Executive Director

Not a good experience

Our experience with The Fountains has not been a good one. The outside of the building is very beautifu,. and the people in the lobby are professional and very pleasant. However, the first day that he was there he needed to use the restroom, but there was not a help cord in his room and I could not find any one that worked there to assist. The first morning I went in to visit him, they did not brush is teeth, nor did they wash his face and hands. The community has a staffing shortage and they are not all properly trained, because of this the residents do not receive the one on one care that most need and require. They have caregivers who are not certified, therefore some of the levels of care that my spouse requires are not getting done properly. My loved one is able to do a few things himself, but does require some assistance to stand in order to complete these tasks. Residents are supposed to receive a shower two times a week, but my loved has been there a week and has not received a shower yet. I was told that in order for my loved one to receive the level of care that he needs, I would need to hire outside help and have them come in. The first few days of my loved one being there he was not eating. No one would cut up his food small enough for him to handle, nor did anyone help to feed him. The bathroom in my spouses room is very small, too small to get a wheel chair into it, if by chance you can get the wheel chair into the bathroom there is no room what so ever to wash up afterwards. One morning I went in to visit my spouse I found his dirty clothes from the night before just thrown on a chair and on the floor.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that your experience at The Fountains has not been a thoroughly positive one. As you may know from our recent discussions regarding your concerns, we strive always for the highest care standards and make every effort to answer any questions and concerns that residents and their families have. We are actually quite proud of the training of our caregivers, who receive training on a monthly and sometimes weekly basis. The standards that we aim for surpass many in our industry and certainly meet state mandated standards. It is true that we do not provide one-to-one care but we try to make sure that potential residents and their families understand that before they move in. I cannot discuss the specific healthcare concerns that you bring up in your review in this public forum but would be happy to address them again directly with you. Please call me at your convenience

Sincerely, Tawania Sears, Executive Director.

Good Value but Dining is Lacking

My parent has been here about a year. It is a nice spacious apartment for the money. The entire has been professional, friendly, sweet, and helpful. Good conflict resolution. Great shuttle service for scheduled appointments. Great activities/outings. I have raised many issues that have recieved great attention. Room cleaning and maintenance were addressed. Some issues have not. The food is mostly good but very, very stingy (insulting at times). When you want to join your loved one for a meal it is $15 per meal. I don't feel that they are served that in value. The food service is the worst. Waiting 45 minutes at times to begin. Constantly running out of certain choice foods at some service. Dirty dining facility on the individual floors. Nasty, gummy menus, chairs and tables. Dining room doesn't ever seem to get a deep clean. Not enough dinnerware for a service. Serving juice/soup in coffee cups at times. Any requests are done slowly. This dining issue is what is making up decide to move. Administration of meds sometimes slow. Assisted living here not for a mostly independent person. It will drive them nuts complaining.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback. I am very glad to hear that overall your experience at The Fountains has been a positive one and that you find our associates to be professional, friendly and helpful. Certainly our associates are the very heart of the caring relationships that are formed with our residents, their families and the larger Fountains community. I am sorry to hear that you have found our dining services to be lacking. I will address the specifics of your assessment with our associates in the dining department. An enjoyable dining experience and good nutrition are a cornerstone of wellness! If you would like to discuss your concerns further or be updated of our progress in addressing your concerns, please contact me at [removed].

Sincerely, Tawania Sears, Executive Director.

Introductions Please

They need to be sure to introduce themselves to residents. When a patient wants a copy of medications they should.

Very nice place!

We visited this community when we were looking into senior living options. I thought this was a very nice place overall! Everyone was friendly, and the facility was well kept and clean.

We were very impressed with the facility.

We were very impressed with the facility. We would have moved here if my loved one's health hadn't taken a turn for the worse. The staff were extremely helpful. I didn't really get to see the care services for the other residents, and we didn't get to be there. They had something going on there a meeting or bingo. I liked that they had a library and movie time. Each floor had a TV room. I also liked that the apartments were a good size, and they had a nurse on each floor.

The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. This is a nice, clean facility with good amenities. Utilities are included so it's a good value for the price.

I really loved the Senior apartments and the location. Still making a decision because I will be selling my home.

My mother has been here for 1 1/2 yrs and has received two rent increases of $50.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that you were surprised by the possibility of a rate increase. Our residency agreement states that rent increases can and do take place, typically in the month of January. This is an unfortunate fact, as we do not want to over-charge up front. We would rather offer all the services and amenities that make life great, and charge as moderate a rent as possible. This way, we only increase when our unavoidable costs such as utilities, food and labor increase. Recently we have had a few potential new residents visit, saying that they want to move from their current retirement communities where 5% and otherwise high increases are taking place. We work very hard to keep our increases as low as possible, typically 3%, 3.5% or less. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss your concerns, particularly if there is a hardship for a resident. Please call me any time at [removed]. Thanks again for your feedback. Sincerely, Tawania Sears, Executive Director.

pleasantly pleased

So far I have been satisfied since I moved my mom to The Fountains at Franklin. Everybody is extremely patient, and mom feels very safe and secure. I like the peace of mind I have knowing that the staff is there to help out with any of her needs.

There have been a couple of work orders that have gotten lost in the fray, but when I bring it to their attention they are quick to jump on it.

Other than that, so far I have been very pleasantly pleased with The Fountains at Franklin, and mom has not complained at all.

Review of The Fountains at Franklin - Southfield, MI

My mother loves it at this facility. From the very patient staff to all activities they offer seniors... The facility is very clean and well maintained. The repair men are very polite and will work expediently to get the job done. \\Its a wonderful day at the fountains\\ is how the receptionist answers each call, but the seniors feel the same.. .I would highly recommend

Cleaning service needs a lot of improvement

Our experience with The Fountains at Franklin has not been a good one overall, unfortunately. We've had a lot of issues with their cleaning service, and it is really detracting from the entire experience. My loved one is in the assisted living portion, and assistance with cleaning is part of that service. From what I have seen the cleaning crew just seems very lax. They are supposed to do a thorough general cleaning of her room once a week, and it sometimes goes much longer between cleanings. Her bathtub and bath chair are usually dirty looking. At one point she came down with a stomach bug and had been vomiting in a bucket, and when we brought her back from the hospital the unemptied bucket was still in her room. They really need to show a lot of improvement, and unfortunately I have not seen much despite constantly bringing it up with them.

mom feels right at home

At The Fountains at Franklin they have a lot of activities, and very diverse options to choose from. Mom goes out on all the outings and in a very short amount of time has gotten to know all the staff there by name. They have really made her feel right at home.

I really can't think of anything they can do to improve.

Fountain at Franklin

Porschea is the best to work with and is the reason my mom wanted to become a resident.

My mom suffered a Brain Aneurysm and was ready to live on her own. She loves Fointains at Franklin. There are a ton of activities and everyone is very friendly.

Review of The Fountains at Franklin Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Southfield, MI

The fountains of frankin really had a wonderful feeling of community. However the apartments were small and did not have a balcony available.

Fountains of Franklin-A Great Place for Your Loved One

The staff is excellent: they are caring and friendly and someone is always available to answer my questions. There are many levels of care from independent apartments to memory care/hospice. That's comforting because even if I need to move my mother, I can still keep her in the same complex. People are always cleaning and there are lots of activities available for residents. I feel confident knowing my mom is there and I feel she is being well cared for. I highly recommend The Fountains of Franklin.

Nice place. Price not terri...

Nice place. Price not terrible but no companion rooms available but still a little out of our price range.

Friendly and personable staff

They take great care of my loved one here! It's a very nice looking facility, and the staff are all very friendly and personable. After seeing the way they treat all of their residents you can tell they really care about each person. I'm very happy with this place, and would recommend it to others who are looking into memory care!

The Fountains of Franklin have exceed...

The Fountains of Franklin have exceeded my expectations. The residents and the staff are so friendly. If I have a question or concern I can be confident that it will be addressed in a timely manner. My mother was reluctant to move at first, now she constantly tells me how she really likes her new home. I am very happy with the choice we made.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking community, and the staff were all very friendly, but I don't think it would have been the best fit for Mom. It was a large complex, and it would have been a bit much for Mom to navigate.

Fountain of Franklin is a great place.

We like the accomadations at The Fountain at Franklin.
It has a home like environment.
The people are friendly and helpful.
It is clean and smells clean.
My husband is slowly adjusting to the new rountine.
Thank you for your help.

Staff very friendly and accommodating.

Staff very friendly and accommodating.

good to very good

Really like the experience thus far. A beautiful facility. Very clean, and courteous staff. Because my Mother is temporarily in a respite unit, the "assisted services" have been a little sporatic. But the immediate efforts to correct any oversights have been noted. I would likely recommend this facility to others.

Friendly, reliable staff

I like that every time I've visited someone will come by to check in every two hours, just like they claimed they would when we were touring. The staff are all very friendly and caring, and the community itself is always very clean.
The only issue I've had with them is they were a bit uncommunicative and unclear with some things during the move-in process, but we eventually got it all sorted out.

Doing a good job so far

They're doing a good job here so far. The community is well kept and clean, and in general the staff seem friendly. They've got a good amount of activities to keep everyone active and entertained. One nice thing about this community is that is it located very conveniently to shopping and entertainment.

Comfy, Quiet, and Classy.

My 89 Year Old Dad has started to settle into his new residence after leaving his home of 40 years. After searching through many Senior Residences I was pleased by the expression on his face when he toured The Fountains At Franklin. In the 3 months he has been there, he has enjoyed the apartment, services, the wonderful meals, and the excellent staff. He is meeting people, which nice because he became a bit of a recluse after losing his wife (my Mom) of over 52 years. The common areas and classes seem to really have helped him settle in. We are grateful for such a clean and pleasant environment.

full range of services, fri...

full range of services, friendly staff

Good activities, depending on your level

They do have activites, they have them throughout the day but depending on your level what you can do is different. Right now, my mom is going on field trips and I love that. She wasn't able to do that before, they adjusted her medication and I really appreciate that. They have someone only they work with who came and evaluated her and changed her medicine so now she gets to go on field trips. The fountains has plenty of activities for senior citizens but there's not a lot she can do. So far, I do like the place, whenever I do have an issue I have learned now to speak with their director and she handles them immediately. Places can have issues, it's just whenever you bring them to their attention and they don't get resolved, that's my issue. The director of the memory unit is excellent, it's an open door. We're active in there but some families are not and she walks around and checks on them too.

Nice big rooms, very appeal...

Nice big rooms, very appealing art program! not terribly fond of the entrance, very apt building in feel, 'fountains' in lobby only...outdoor space rather sparse - need to sample food

Not Enough Staff

They don't have enough staff to deal with individuals, let's put it that way.

Porshea was very helpful an...

Porshea was very helpful and the residents look very well taken care of. The facility is quite large, a bit more in size than I was expecting but it does have 3-levels of care.

Price fluctuates alot

Upon first moving in they gave us a particular price and they've been trying to mess aroudn with the numbers. They'll tell you about certain prices and then that they care went up, so we ahd to meet with them to ask what changed and they apologized, said nothing did and changed it abck to the original price. They also didn't tell us moving in that they don't include ANY paper products and I had specifically asked those questions when we went in for interviews. She's moved in, she's settled in and she's a very difficult person to deal with, they've been doing the best they can and I hate to say this but it's been a burden off of our shoulders. The fountains is doing the best they can with her and that part we really appreciate. If things progressed to the point where she was not able to do things any more, because of how their levels of pricing change so specifically and easily we may have to move her to a nursing home over the fountains because the costs could be so exhorbitant.

The community was our second choice o...

The community was our second choice our first choice was out of our budget. This community is a good community it just lacks cleanliness. The carpet needs to be cleaned and there was an odor of urine when we have visited. They do not seem to push cleanliness on the residents our loved one has gone a week without taking a shower at times. They qouted a minimum price and a maximum price but when the paperwork came the price was higher then the maximum.

The best place for my mom

I walk into smiling faces , clean looking and a helping hand. Thank you

No longer an option, Private pay only...

No longer an option, Private pay only. Marketing rep, very knowledgeable, friendly, good listener, residents and workers gravitate to her. Thorough note taker. Staff very friendly.+location, memory care, school, library, tubs, pet therapy, pretty property. I did not have an opportunity to observe much staff/resident interaction. -slight odor on memory care floor and lobby, upon entrance,Observations, memory care room seemed crowded, not necessarily a negative. Many Memory care residents were in common area, made me a little sad. Can't envision Mama in that room. Lots of staff and residents moving about on main floor and memory floor. Not certain mama belongs in memory care, in this facility yet?? Woman in lobby, father stays there. She hesitated, noticeably before answering yes, when I asked if she AND her father liked facility Cost is more than anticipated

Was okay. Did not fit our needs.

Was okay. Did not fit our needs.

Over-the-top posh! Very beautiful fa...

Over-the-top posh! Very beautiful facility, not unlike a 5-star hotel. Director was wonderful; very sweet, informative, and a great tour guide. The staff was warm and friendly and interacted well with residents, who seemed to be very happy. The Fountains has a great range of activities, especially for those younger seniors who are active (I'd love to live there!). It's a bit too big, with a larger number of residents and subsequent noise/activity level than she would feel comfortable with, though.

This was an OK property, had a lot go...

This was an OK property, had a lot going on not sure if it could offer what we are looking for.