The Fountains at Canterbury - Oklahoma City, OK

At The Fountains at Canterbury, we’ve created a culture built on choice. The first (and maybe the most fun) is selecting the home that’s perfect for you. Choosing from a variety of one bedroom and two apartments or cottages, you’ll find a space that’s just right to call your own. With so many options to choose from and professionals at the ready to help you customize your apartment, you’re sure to have a ball expressing your style.
One thing retirement creates is more time to explore those things you've always wanted to have the leisure to do – and maybe a few that you've never thought of. The Fountains at Canterbury is a vibrant community filled with fascinating people with diverse interests and talents, and we can say with all confidence that when it comes to pursuing your passions or developing new ones, this is just the place to do it.
We look forward to showing you around our wonderful community.

Liked The Way It Looked

This community looked very appealing to me. it has a lovely view of a pond out back with a nice walking path. The staff seemed friendly enough. You really need to do your research in touring any of these facilities so you know what you are looking for.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. I’m glad you had a positive experience when you visited and I hope we see you again soon. If you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Thanks again, Sincerely, Cody Erikson, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Cody Erikson.

Nice place!

From what I saw, this is a very nice, clean facility. The staff and residents were very nice. Though the facility did not meet all of our needs, in terms of friendliness, I would not mind placing my brother here.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for sharing your positive experience – we love what we do and I’m glad it shows. It would be great to know what we can do differently to earn a five-star review and be your top choice. We are focused on constant improvement and your insights would be helpful. Please feel free to call me anytime at [removed] with ideas or input and best of luck in your search.
Sincerely, Cody Erikson, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Cody Erikson.

Nothing available at this time. $4500-$5100 (The Gardens), $1000 community fee. 15 beds per home, 2 homes. 1/7.5 ratio. Unfurnished. Nice setup for semi private rooms. Very large grounds, well appointed. Secluded "campus".

Not the best...

I was really liking The Fountains at Canterbury until I started to hear some things that were red flags. If I had heard one thing, then maybe I would have let it go but it was more like 5 different people telling me things. It gave me an uneasy feeling.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m very sorry to hear you have been made to feel uneasy. I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you by phone or in person to learn about your concerns. We wish you all the very best in your search and appreciate your time. Please call me at [removed] to discuss. Thank you. Sincerely, Scott Steinmetz, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Scott Steinmetz

Brand new facility!

I think it been a good place for my parents so far, the staff is very friendly. The only concern is that because it is such a new place, they started to move people in much sooner than they should have. When my parents moved into their apartment, they were still finishing up the paint. The meals have been the best part about it, my parents really like the food.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m glad to hear that you and your parents are satisfied and happy. I’ll share your compliments with dining services and our caring team to thank them for loving what they do. I’m glad it shows. I also appreciate your feedback for improvement. I should mention our community is not new but we have recently undergone quite a few renovations and upgrades. We have been serving seniors in the area for over 30years. Please call me anytime to ensure your parents keep thriving. Sincerely, Scott Steinmetz, Executive Director

Run away

My mother was not cared for well. We were assured they would put their eyes on her every day. That did not happen. When She needed to transition from independent to assisted living, it took them over 3 months and 4 requests before the placement interview occurred. Housekeeping is supposed to clean every two weeks.... every two months is more like it. The screen door and air conditioner were broken for over 2 months despite repeated requests for repair. When we moved Mom to another facility the other residents and dining room staff bid her farewell. There was not one word from Scott or Amy (those in charge) in the 2 days we were there prepping for the move. What a shame. Our attorney is handling all correspondence with them now.

Wonderful Tour!

The staff that offered the tour of The Fountains at Canterbury were excellent. They did a wonderful of sharing the amenities of the community. They addressed all of my concerns and questions. The community was nicely kept.

Great Experience

My mother was at The Fountains at Canterbury for Skilled Rehab. I am the full time caregiver for my mother so I was a little nervous about having her go stay somewhere. She was there for almost a month and the experience was great! She honestly left there 10 times better than when she went in. Her room was always clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly, knowledgable and ready to help. My mother re-gained so much during her stay thanks to the nurses and therapists. It meant a lot to me to know that she was being well taken care of away from home and that I could have peace of mind that she was receiving quality services. I hope we don't, but if we ever needed skilled rehab again, I would definitely choose The Fountains.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for taking the time to create this review. I look forward to sharing it with our entire team; they will appreciate seeing that they have made such a positive difference. Like you, I also hope she will never need skilled care again but you are both always welcome to join us for a class, special event or excursion. We’d love to see you here. Sincerely, Scott Steinmetz, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Scott Steinmetz.

Great experience. ...the therapy team were so great for my mom.....we really appreciate everyone helping to get her home

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review. I’m so glad to hear that your Mom is doing well and I’ll share this with our team. It was our pleasure and privilege to serve her physical therapy and rehabilitation needs. Sincerely, Scott Steinmetz, Executive Director Posted on behalf of Scott Steinmetz.

My sisters story

My sister was at The Springs The Fountains At Canterbury. She was hospitalized with pneumonia and a UTI and then we took her to Canterbury for skilled nursing 12/8/15. At that time she was able to walk and get around by herself. She was taken home Christmas Eve and Christmas day came down with CDiff. Hospitalized for 8 days and then back to Canterbury. She was week and could not walk on her own. Care was awful. We demanded a bed alarm because no one would come for 24 or 30 minutes when we pushed the button for help. During the lunch hour nursing staff is not on the floor, they help serve lunch. God forbid you need someone during that time. The alarm was not hooked up to the nursing station simply an alarm goes off and if it's heard someone comes. My sister fell trying to get to the bathroom by herself since no one came. Had staples in her head. Trip to hospital again and then she was not in good shape at all. Nursing staff was awful. Did not give attention needed. Different nurses would come on duty and did not know she could not walk. Staff continued to ignore needs on a daily basis. One or more family members were there throughout the day and evening or it would have been worse. Dr. there told me she was better, but it would take time. I found her unresponsive at 1:30 on a Sunday. Nurse said she had been sleeping, but she was dying. We demanded help. Back to the hospital and died 3 days later. I would not recommend taking her dog to this facility and I just like my dog. I loved my sister dearly and feel neglect was a direct result of her death.

Watermark Ambassador

We are all sincerely sorry for your loss. The Fountains is committed to the health and safety of our residents and we take allegations of neglect very seriously. Out of respect for privacy we never discuss personal details or health information in a public forum such as this. Please call me at [removed] your soonest availability to discuss the details of your sister’s stay. Sincerely, Scott Steinmetz, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Scott Steinmetz.

The Springs is long term care. Nursing staff is incompetent-left my husband in a wheelchair for an hour and a half waiting for someone to put him in bed. Room had not been cleaned. Director offered me a drink to calm me down. Medications were not given at times, other times it took up to an hour after we rang for the nurse. No air conditioning for two days. Doctor was giving my husband sleeping pills throughout the day and lied when I asked if his meds had been changed. I had to bring a bedsore to the doctor's attention. Aide refused to put air mattress on bed. A mattress was shoved in his shower. They never bathed him in a week, never changed a shirt, never brushed his teeth. Never told me what supplies he needed and didn't use the ones I brought-they disappeared. Nurses call button was at the foot of his bed one morning. Bedside table was pushed away every morning so he was unable to drink or use a urinal during the night.

excellent; they have gone above and beyond to make Mom feel welcome and at home. People are very friendly, food is good and her cottage is gorgeous; they let her choose flooring (carpet and wood), paint, fixtures, granite, backsplash and new stainless kitchen appliances. She's been there about 3 weeks and they are just wonderful; independent living. She has already participated in several activities and loves it.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing. It is so important for new residents to get off to a good start and we’re so happy to hear that your mother is having a great time settling in! You’ve captured some of the things that we’re most proud of: friendly associates, good food and a full calendar, all in an attractive setting. Again, thank you. It means a lot to hear from our residents, their family and friends. Sincerely Scott Steinmetz, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Scott Steinmetz, Executive Director

Excellent skilled nursing and memory care!

We're very pleased with The Fountains at Canterbury, they've done an excellent job in all aspects of the care that they've provided! They have a top notch skilled nursing and rehab facility, and they also do an excellent job with their memory care community. The staff here are very compassionate and patient with their residents, and have done an excellent job helping my loved one through the various stages of his care. They also do a fine job with their meal service, the food always looks good and the portions are a nice size. In addition to whatever dishes they are serving for the day they also have a back-up menu with a few staples on it in case your loved one doesn't like what they're serving that day. We really have had a good experience with The Fountains at Canterbury, and would recommend them highly!

The director was not listen...

The director was not listening to our description of our father. She was late for the appointment. She kept telling us about things that definitely would not apply to our situation.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m very sorry to learn that your experience didn’t meet or exceed your expectations. If you could please give me a call at [removed] ext 1018 or email me any time at [removed]. I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to learn more about what took place.

Thank you very much, Scott Steinmetz, Executive Director

Fountains at Canterbury - not for my mother!

My mother has been in two different sections of the Fountains: Skilled Nursing and Memory Care. My mother came to the Fountains originally due to the fact that she fractured her pelvis at another facility and had contracted a UTI and required hospitalization for her pelvis. She was transferred from the hospital to the Fountains for their skilled nursing facility and physical therapy, after the "completion" of the physical therapy she was transferred to the memory care facility at Fountains. While at Memory Care, my mother fractured her hip (there is a disagreement within the staff on how she broke her hip), she was transferred back to the hospital and after a period of time she was transferred back to skilled nursing. After a period of time at skilled nursing my mother became less and less cognizant and was transferred back to the hospital where she was diagnosed as "severely" dehydrated and again with a UTI. After several days of treatment she was again transferred back to skilled nursing, where we had to constantly ask for assistance in getting her assistance at meal times, my sister had to constantly request attention be given to my mother's laundry (she had requested on 4-5 different occasions that someone please wash her clothes). We have since moved my mother to a different nursing facility and they immediately assigned an individual to assist my mother at mealtime, I believe my mother ate more of her meal than I ever saw her ingest at Fountains. We had left my mother's previous facility due to the lack of attention my mother received and I believe when she first became a resident the personnel was very aware of any assistance my mother received, but not this time. We discussed several times with the personnel the apparent lack of attention with no improvement in the care.

It's a nice facility and they have a ...

It's a nice facility and they have a lot of activities for the residents there. The only thing that I didn't like was that it seemed more like a nursing home. Other than that, we just went to do a visit so I don't know how the food is or anyting like that.