Brookdale Mt. Lebanon - Pittsburgh, PA

The Devonshire of Mt. Lebanon
provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assistive Senior Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life® concept and our Celebrations program provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Very nice community

This is a very nice community, bright, clean open and the staff are very friendly. My mom has just recently moved in and she is still going through some adjusting. She really likes her room and with her furniture all moved in it feels more like home for her. Together with the staff, we have been encouraging mom to start taking part in the activities so that she can start making friends and to go to the dining room during mealtime, but she is still not comfortable doing that so they do bring her meals to her room. Mom was used to the aides that came to her home and stayed to visit with her so she thought it would be the same here, and we explained one of the reasons for her move here was so that she could make friends with the other residents. It will just take time some time and the staff really are working with her. I would definitely recommend taking the tour here to see the community first hand.

I had a great meeting with [Removed], she was very knowledgeable. The property was beautiful - looked much like a hotel.I appreciate the add on amenities ( med reminders, personal care assistance, etc) Again I need first floor with outside access for the dog which may be hard to come by.They have a lot to offer, I have to be careful of finances. They anticipate client needs and have a plan to address situation. Definitely a contender

Rooms for mom

I toured this community for my mom's care. The staff was helpful in showing me the community that was clean and maintained. We liked the menu of the variety of meals. They had nice rooms, but my mom wanted a bigger size room for comfort. The community I would recommend for families to tour for care

A tour for mom

We would of like this community for care. The staff were friendly and caring to the needs of the residents. The menu and the activities would have been offered. This was more then what we could afford.but would of like the care offered for mom

Tour Was A Good One

I had a nice tour of this community. My tour guide was kind, and informative. All my questions were answered. The staff was very friendly, and polite. From what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness, everything looked great. I did find another community that met our needs better, but my tour of this community was a good one.

Looking Much Better than Before

The staff are very friendly and like it very much the care.
My mother-in-law thinks the community is great. She plays bingo often and she is not missing any meals. They have outings to take the residents shopping. She is thriving and looking her best. It is a wonderful experience for her.

Good for independent living

This looked like a nice community when we visited. This community has 2/3 independent living residents and 1/3 personal care residents. The residents are a mix of retired professionals - engineers, nurses, teachers, priests. To us, it felt like the community was designed for independent living, and personal care was added as an afterthought, segregated on a different floor.This community was farther away than we were looking for and I did not feel it was the right fit for mom.

My brother's care

I am glad to know that my brother is happy at this community. He likes the staff who are attentive and very friendly. The meals are outstanding and he is happy with the variety. They have him involved with alot of nice activies that he is enjoying. We like knowing that the community is clean inside and out. We would recommend this community to other families for care and value for a loved one.

Second Choice!

We liked the Brookdale a lot. It was better than the community that we chose but what we did not like was the location. Had it not been for that reason, my loved one would have chosen this community. The tour guide was very good, they gave us a lot of information answered all of our questions.

Very impressed!

When I toured the Brookdale, I thought it was a beautiful place. It was absolutely fabulous. They would not take my uncle because he has dementia, but I was still impressed with the place.

My aunt stayed here and absolutely loved it. Staff is very friendly and attentive.

My father's Care

This is a nice place that my father stayed at for a short time. He was taken care of by excellent staff who showed that they were caring and very friendly to his needs. They did offer activities for him to participate, but he was not willing. The food was good, but they need to pay attention to specials diet needs. I have recommended this community to other families for good care.

When I Dropped By

This was a clean community and they had the right level of care. The apartment came with a kitchen. I saw that it is a very nice community. They provided 2 meals, breakfast and dinner. We did not choose because it was too far from the family.

Senior Home Living

My mother-in-law has lived at Brookdale for 4 years now so to make the decision to move my mother there was a very easy one. I know both my mother and mother-in-law are happy to see other people their age and interact with them is like high school for them.

He is happy here. It's beautiful, it's like a hotel.

He is happy here. It's beautiful, it's like a hotel. It's more expensive than we thought it would be. But they have been great. The people were very friendly. They have great food, and the people seems genuinely caring. It smells good. He likes to have a drink in the evening, and they will let him do that here.

5 Stars

My dad is very happy living here.

Very nice and clean facility and grounds. Saw some very positive interactions between the staff and residents. Kim was an excellent guide and presentor of all that Brookdale could be for my dad.

Consulted with Kim Imler and was impressed but brother and sister rejected it due to driving problems for them

Review of The Devonshire

So far the experience at the Devonshire has been good. My aunt likes it alot and seems content there. She now refers to The Devonshire as home. We wish she would join in on more activities that are provided but that is her choice. Overall I would say The Devonshire is a good place for independent/personal care.

A Positive Experience

From the 1st phone call, dealing with The Devonshire has been a very positive experience. Kim Imler, the senior sales associate, is a complete professional. She listened to our needs and my concerns regarding my mother's placement in personal care and guided us along the path to best fulfill our needs. It has taken over 1 year for my mother to arrive at her decision, and Kim never pushed us along or gave up on us; she just offered assistance when needed and guided us when necessary. I couldn't have asked for a better experience, and it's all due to Kim.

Now that I am in the process of moving Mom in, I have come it contact with many other staff members, and all of them are so kind and helpful and welcoming. I dare not mention one name lest I forget the others, so suffice it to say that I will certainly sleep well at night knowing that my mother is in their care.

I’d give the friendliness of the staff a six!

I’d give the friendliness of the staff a six! It’s a comparable value to other communities. We’ve eaten there quite a few times. The food is very good. Take your time and be certain of your decision. There is plenty of very convenient parking. There are very nice outside areas. We looked at a lot of communities and it was hard decision, but we’re happy with it.

They were real good.

They were real good. They did their best. It was a good value. Really good care services. They had a lot of activities. The food was good, they gave them an adequate amount, but they could ask for more. I think the only place that they could do a little better would be that a sixty day notice is a little long it would be better for the customer if it was a thirty day notice because with seniors things can change quickly. When you walk in you felt for a senior community it was active and comfortable but not too big. It was a good fit.

Great fit for Mom

This place seemed to really match what we were looking for for Mom in terms of both social and care needs. The staff have made an effort to learn not only Mom's name, but the rest of the family as well, and they recognize us when we come in to visit.
She's having a little trouble settling in, but they've been very accommodating, and are really trying to work with her to find some activities and services she'd like. We feel like the activities and trips they take are the sorts of things Mom would like, less local shopping trips and more things like symphonies and trips to local farms.
The apartments themselves are a nice size, and very comfortable. I also like that there is physical and occupational therapy available on-site. The residents themselves are more active and mobile than some communities we saw.

A very nice community

This community provides assisted living and independent living, and the availability of a higher level of care is always nice. The dining service is very good, and the food is reasonably priced. They also have units available with full kitchens, which was one of the features we were interested in. They have many different sizes and layouts of rooms, so the choice there was nice. One negative aspect is that while all sorts of extras are available, they charge you for every single little thing.

Everything has been great from day one!

I was very impressed with this place the first time I saw it! Kim, the sales director, is wonderful, and answered all of my questions I had during the tour, and got back to me quickly with others I had later. I couldn't find anything wrong or that I thought they should improve when I toured, and as a nurse I was looking with a very critical eye. My parents love all the activities, and the food is great as well. I really have nothing bad to say about this place!

The Devonshire is a wonderful place to live

The rooms are very spacious and clean. It has everything there that you could possibly need and the people are very helpful and friendly. The food is excellent and all homemade, soup every day, and they help you to your table. Transport vans to everything.
Lots of shows to watch, and many activities. The library is excellent.
The only down side is the high price.

Fantastic facility and staff!

These guys really went out of their way to help my dad and I! Icannot say enough about them.

Very nice. Huge units and c...

Very nice. Huge units and closets with full kitchen. This would be my first choice. However only serve 2 meals a day and housekeeping every other week instead of weekly.

Superior Community

We chose this community because it was near the area where my cousin grew up. The community is just superior to the others. The value, friendliness and care services of this community really make this a superior community.

The Devonshire is THE perfect new home for my father!

We looked around at several retirement communities before deciding The Devonshire was our very first pick. Many different floor plan options, allows a pet, delicious food, two sets of free washers/dryers on every floor, an indoor pool, staff members who actually care and greet residents by name, plus a beautiful resort feel with all the comforts to call home. Reita Derrick at The Devonshire provided us with an excellent tour, answered all are (many) questions immediately and with great knowledge. Reita is a class act and is the perfect person to represent The Devonshire! We asked random people living there how they liked The Devonshire and we were met with positive responses one after another. My dad's moving day was nice and easy and he was greeted by a small welcoming committee and a cheese tray to make him feel right at home. There is a wide variety of activities, including bridge games which was a huge plus for my father! He said the next day after move-in "I feel sure I made the right choice for my new home. I love it here. It has all I need and more!"

Very nice facility with a mix of inde...

Very nice facility with a mix of independent and assisted residents. Only one bank of elevators that coyuld be far from apartment

We liked it. I'm now back at work and...

We liked it. I'm now back at work and can't pursue this probably until next summer.

WE liked this one alot. We liked that...

WE liked this one alot. We liked that there was assisted living and independent living. There were alot of options for my in laws. They are undecided because they can't accept their situation as of now.