The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos - San Diego, CA

Welcome to the simple life!

The Arbors is conveniently located off the 15 and 56 freeways in Rancho Penasquitos. With this central location, The Arbors is only minutes from the cities of Poway and Del Mar as well as the San Diego communities of Saber Springs, Scripps Ranch, Rancho Bernardo and Rancho Santa Fe. The Arbors offers assisted living as well as specially designed and dedicated memory care accommodations. The 58-apartment assisted living community offers distinctive studio floor plans each with kitchenette and private bathroom. Our Generations Memory Care accommodations include 31 studio apartments and are uniquely suited for seniors with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. We encourage you to bring your own furnishings and decorations to make your apartment your own. Our large living room, activities room, courtyards, and other common areas provide attractive settings for socializing with family and friends. The Arbors assisted living community in San Diego, CA is dedicated to providing you or your loved one with the best care and accommodations available.

Isn't it time for you to enjoy the life you deserve at The Arbors?

A tour

This community has redone some areas. The assisted living has had some improvements done and it is nice. The memory care wing is small, dark and did not appeal to us. The staff were nice.

Dark paint on the walls!

The Arbors was reasonably priced. What I did not like was that it seemed to be like a converted motel. The place was dark and kind of sad. It was not what I was looking for.

I really like the care at this community The staff have been wonderful and respectful. My father likes the variety of the meals and the activities that help him stay active with the other residents. The community is clean and maintained. We are happy and we recommend this community for other families for the care and the value.

Beautiful Community!!

My loved one and I really enjoyed our tour of this community, the building was very well maintained with lots of beautiful features. The staff made us feel welcomed and gave lots of useful information about the facility and everything they had to offer.

Mom Seems Much Happier

This community has a wonderful activity coordinator, my mom has not yet to join in what is available. Because the community is smaller there are more staff who are really friendly and they do their best at making Mom very comfortable in all ways. I got the chance to eat a meal and it was so amazing! The community is newly renovated and is always nice and well-maintained. I would absolutely recommend this community!

Seemed nice on the tour

really delightful people

One are that needs improving is the cleaning and bathing of the patients at The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos. The staff there are really delightful people. The care is expensive for sure. But they really are pleasant people and I am sure they do about as good of a job as any facility like this.

we've had issues with them

We have had issues with every part of the service at The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos. The layout is not very good . He is in a wheelchair, and the rooms are so crammed that the hallways are not conducive to his situation. The bathroom is not set up for someone in a wheel chair as well. Same for the dining room table - he cannot get right up to the table with his wheelchair. There have also been some issues with the pricing. Every little thing is an additional cost. They try to up the price in any way possible. It also felt like the caregivers are not properly trained. We did not have a good reception, as there was nobody there to greet us or help out when it came time to move him in. They have poor internal communication among themselves. When we would communicate something to one person that needed to be relayed to another, it never was. There have been numerous other issues as well, but it has just overall not been a very good experience, so we are currently in the process of moving him out.

They were wonderful.

The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos was great. They were wonderful. It was a wonderful experience. The inside of the facility was very clean. Everyone there was very friendly and kind. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The value was very good. The care services were very good as well. They offered activities. Overall, this was a really nice community. I didn't have any major issues or concerns.

They were under renovation so it was difficult for us to really see the potential. Also we scheduled this mistakenly thinking it will have independent living, which at second look is not listed. Therefore we paid less attention. However for what was there I saw nothing detrimental or objectionable.

Really nice place

We moved my in-laws in two weeks ago. So far everything has been great. The people there are so caring, nice and helpful.

Met with Tiffany, ED. Facility being completely remodeled to be completed in June 2015. Have 1 BR's available after remodel is complete. STaff was welcoming and friendly. Front Desk person's name was Happy who had been there a long time.

no words to describe how awesome they are!

I really can't think of anything they can do to improve at The Arbors at Rancho Penasquitos. They offer the most incredible care that I can imagine. My mother has mild dementia, and just the activities alone have helped her immensely. The staff take care of her as if she were their own mother. Everyone there, the caregivers, the marketing director, etc. are really just amazing! There's really just no words to describe how awesome they are!

Rob's review

Liz, in the pharma. and Geralyn is the best.

The Best in San Diego

I'm a retired navy officer and recently placed my mother at The Arbors. They are amazing; I can't believe the quality of care she is receiving.

Tiffany, the Director, went out of her way to make my mother feel welcomed and help her with the transition to assisted living. There are always glitches, but The Arbors quickly addressed them and worked with us to resolve them in the way we wanted. Outstanding!

I can't speak highly enough of the care my mother is receiving by the staff. They are friendly and supportive of her and she is happy she's staying at The Arbors.

The Arbors is home.

My mother is a resident at the Arbors and has been there for almost two years. I am impressed by the exceptional care that she always receives.

The staff is attentive and addresses all her needs. When she uses the call button, they check on her in a timely manner and are courteous. She appreciates the kind and warm assistance that the staff provides and my mother looks well taken care of. The facility is clean, welcoming and her room is always spotless. They accommodate her occasional dietary needs and the dining facility is inviting.

The receptionist gets customer service! She is absolutely wonderful. The Executive Director, Tiffany, is in the right job! Her professionalism and leadership is why the Arbors is such a success.

My mother is happy and this certainly gives our family peace of mind!

Definitely room for improvement.

Overall, they are clean and the staff are all friendly, but our family definitely has some concerns. It seems that some of the services we were promised and are paying for are not actually happening. If our loved one presses the call-button, it can take up to 45 minutes for someone to come and help, and that's if they come at all. Our loved one can't go and participate or watch any of the activities because the staff doesn't come to help him. Definitely room for improvement.

Kind and patient staff, and very accessible

Overall they do a great job here. The staff have all been very kind and patient, and they are always available to answer questions or address any issues that come up. The only issue I've had with them is a bit of confusing regarding how arranging transportation and doctors appointments worked, but we got that cleared up quickly.
They've been great about taking requests from residents. For example, Dad asked them if they could start up some activities more based around men, since the community is mostly women, and they were happy to oblige.

A Place for Mom & The Arbors Assisted Living

A Place for Mom was instrumental in our family finding The Arbors Assisted Living in San Diego.
Our dad has been in The Arbors for about 3 weeks now but we have worked with The Arbors for a few months getting everything lined up. We are very happy with The Arbors. It is a great place and the staff is fantastic. Thank you "A Place for Mom" AND "The Arbors"!

Pricey, Great Activities

Arbors was good. We liked it but they were just a little pricey. They had a lot of activities and services. They kept everybody busy all the time. They had news discussions, dancing, parties, exercise, so much going on all the time. The food was okay.

No Outdoor Area

They don't even have and outdoor area for assisted living at all and my parents really like to sit outside quite a bit. Also, we weren't crazy about the way the companion suites were at all.

Needs Refubishing

It seemed to be a bit more enclosed there. I thought they needed a bit of refurbishing in that place.

Post Visit - Not so good l...

Post Visit - Not so good location - building very tired and nothing 'walkable' - lots of freeway noise

The Care is Excellent but the Management is Not

The people who are actually taking care of the people, there are several of them there that are very very good. And most of them are good. They enjoy what they do and are really concerned about the people. Chester is a sweethart. He so good and Aurora is super. There are people there that are very very good with people like my mom.

The management, I would probably give them a 1. I don't want to get into it. I've seen good people there leave because they don't agree with how thing are done. I think, as a business, they're more concerned witht the marketing end of it but they do hire good people. I tryi to avoid too much contact with the management because I tend to get a little upset when I talk to them. They have a 97% occupancy rate so they don't care. Arbors has a dollar amount in their mind of what they want to get from the people and they don't care. If you don't like you can go somewhere else because they have people to fill in. They said the extra care costs would not be more than $400 and on the first bill they tacked on an extra $1200. They charged $60 for helping to order supplies when I had already gotten her depends. My experience may be different from other people.

Nice place. Very profession...

Nice place. Very professional staff. It felt very 'closed'; my dad may not have enough room to roam. Also, more expensive than the others I've seen.

Met with director. The residents were...

Met with director. The residents were the happiest we had met. He didn't care for the rooms.

Really nice.Rooms are small and no ki...

Really nice.Rooms are small and no kitchen sink, but nice place and good location. Has memory Care.

Fine place, though it seemed rather r...

Fine place, though it seemed rather rigid when it came to things like meals. Less involved feeling than any of the other places. So-so on the friendliness scale.

This is a nice facility, convient to ...

This is a nice facility, convient to our location, and with a nice staff. It is a very open facility as far as family visits and interaction. The halls are narrow and do leave one with a more of an instituational feeling. The appartments are also quite a bit smaller than what my mother currently has which could make it harder for my mother to accept. The meals are also a bit more limited than what she is use to having today. The area for thosse with more limited mental facilities is a bit larger and a bit of a better set-up than the Oakmont facility.