Atria Santa Clarita - Santa Clarita, CA

• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • 24-Hour Security
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Library
  • Transportation

Billing practices at Atria were curious. [Name removed] put in her 30 day notice to leave after one month at Atria. She's already out of there - and happier at Pacifica right down the block.

Facility not what it used to be....

The "Life Guidance" (memory care) facility at this location has gone downhill in the past year. Caretakers are amazing, however, management refuses to address any concerns (the emergency alarm in my mom's room does not work despite the fact that I have complained about it for at least two months. Her TV hasn't worked in weeks, despite the fact that I reported that. Now her TV cable remote has gone missing. During a recent two week hospitalization, her personal wheelchair disappeared--a rickety wheelchair of much lesser quality was in her room when she returned home from the hospital, and her better wheelchair has never been found. Finding employees in the facility has become increasingly difficult. They appear to be seriously understaffed. Very disappointed.

Kate Vance

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It sounds like you have some concerns, and I'm very sorry to hear that. I've shared your message with members of our leadership and care teams. If you have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me at [removed].

Good help for a difficult time.

The food is good, so dad is happy

We know we made the right choice for dad because of the fact he is happy with the food at Atria Santa Clarita. The food is very good, they offer a wide variety of choices. The staff is friendly and caring and attentive to his care needs. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate in and that helps to keep my dad engaged. There are four courtyards so there is plenty of opportunities to get outside for outside activities. The landscaping is well-maintained. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting and they are welcoming to our family when we come to visit dad. I would definitely recommend Atria Santa Clarita to friends and family.

Do not use automatic withdrawl.

Not a good place for someone who has Alzheimer's. They are not trained to care for someone with Alzheimer's. No assisted living facilitiy is, even though they have a memory care unit. My aunt was kicked out after 9 days because they were unable to get her to take her medication or to get dressed. They sent her for a psych evaluation and now she is in lockdown in a psych ward getting medicated. It is hard or impossible to find any place that will take someone with Alzheimer's who is in the combative stage. They don't want to take the time to work with her. They would rather put her on drugs. She is so sweet and she will do anything I ask, but I am not there 24 hours a day. The best thing you can do for your loved one is keep them in your home with a caregiver. None of these places really care. They're all about the bottom line. To update my post, not only did they withdraw payment for all of June, even though she was only there nine days when they said that they could take her knowing how she was, they also paid themselves for July. We did not take her out of there, they sent her away. They should refund all of our money for putting us through this. They never should have said they could take her. They have until Monday to return $8,000 or a [Removed]charge will be filed.

Atria was a beautiful assisted living environment and [Removed] was extremely helpful. Although I was also impressed with the clean environment of the memory care unit, I have since learned that it is not an "age in place" facility. When it is time for Mom to be in a group care facility it will need to be a place where she can remain the rest of her life.

Great activities available!

The staff at the Atria Santa Clarita have been great, they take very good care of my father. I love their activities program, they have things like cooking classes, games, and many more things to keep the residents busy. My father is in the memory care unit and I like that they encourage him to join activities versus just letting him sleep in his room all day. My sisters and I could not be more happy with this place.

Very clean and nice staff

My grandmother moved here and is still adjusting. They offer activities but she isn't participating yet. It's a very clean community with a friendly staff. She doesn't like the food but she is very picky. We chose this Atria Santa Clarita because it was nicely up kept and the staff was nice.

Fantastic. Put down a deposit. They'll have to do an assessment to see if they can take hm

My Father's Care

This is a nice community that has gone thru some changes. My father is getting great care by the staff. The food does need some improvement. They offer alot of great activites to stay active. I would recommend this great care from this community.

Great Place!!

So far everyone has been really great, the people that provide care are very patient and truly care about everyone there.

I realize Atria just took over so I'm sure some there will be improvements, but the one thing my dad has complained about is the quality of the food.

While I understand the reasoning behind it, I don't like that the staff has to let you in and out, or that I can't call my dad's phone directly, but have to call the main number and be transferred.

Aside from the few minor issues above, we love the staff and the facility is kept very clean.

Very nice facility and staff seems very concerned about residents. Takes some time to completely orient staff to needs of our mother but they seem well intended and have shown improvements.

Activities are different every day !!

There is a large variety of activities that occur at this community every day, my parents are involved and really seem to enjoy them. There is room for improvement on the meals they provide and the cleanliness of the bedrooms.

Kate Vance

Thanks for being a part of the Atria family and for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything else you'd like to let me know about your experience, you can email me at [removed].

Perfect for my Dad

After touring all of the assisted living facilities in SCV, I was clear that Atria was the right choice for my dad. It is a very modern, clean, lively facility. I was very impressed by the friendliness of the staff and how happy the residents were. The ground are peaceful and the restaurant was great. Just moved by dad in and he is very happy and safe. It really is the best price and facility in town.

Her Apartment Is Very Nice Looking

This is a nice community and everybody is very nice and friendly. They keep the community very clean.everything looks nice and very neat. The staff is very helpful and friendly. There are many activities offered for the residents. The food is good, they do sever well balanced meals. Her apartment is very nice looking. This is a good community and I would recommend it.

tastefully decorated and comfortable

My mother-in-law is at Summerhill Villa. I did a very extensive search on several facilities. We picked this location because it was nice. This facility is very tastefully decorated and comfortable. It has a very nice greeting area. Some of these places have odors. This place is very fresh and everybody smiles here. She is well taken care of every day. They dress her bath her, do her hair. Is it pricey, yes but as long as the person has the financing then they are good.

Summerhill Villa - Wonderful

The best location for amenities, lots of gathering places, to visit, read, outside and in. Wonderful staff, very caring. Far and away the best assisted living facility in the general area.

Not worth the money

great place for rich people who don't care how they are treated. Great place for a family to put their family member in and not bother with them. A few months ago a patient was found in her room on the floor, after she was taken to the hospital, she was returned back to her room with her hospital gown still on, and full of blood. No ONE came to clean it up. They show you the great areas and gardens which were paid for by the "clients". They purchase themselves a Lexus while they increase prices. Phone services sucks, I'm sorry don't have enough time to explain what a bad place this would be to put your family in. $5,000 + a month for that money you can pay a caregiver to stay with your loved one ...

The experience with Summerhill Villa ...

The experience with Summerhill Villa had been wonderful. My mom is having the time of her life.

Nice facility, nice staff. ...

Nice facility, nice staff. Grounds are nice as are the rooms. A real possibility.

Wonderful, beautiful community

My father-in-law has been very happy since he moved in here. It is a beautiful community that is very safe. The food seems to be really good. I was impressed with Summerhill from the first day. All of the residents are encouraged to socialize and are gotten out of their rooms often -- my father-in-law does not spend all of his time in his room, which is great. There are many places for people to gather, like the family room, dining room, and patio, and the staff provides many chances for them to all get out and about. Great community atmosphere!

High quality senior living!

When my parents made the decision to look for a senior living facility, they really did their homework. A move like this can be very stressful for all concerned.... parents and children alike. After looking at several places, Summerhill Villa was the only place they could see themselves living. It offers everything they need. The facility is beautifully kept. The staff is so very friendly and they obviously love what they do. The dining experience reminded me of being on a cruise ship or at a high quality hotel.....food being excellent. They receive a list of activities everyday and can choose as to whether they want to participate or not....but are nicely encouraged to do so. I'm so happy that my mom and dad are happy. They've worked hard all their lives and in my mind, they've earned and deserve the high quality senior living experience that Summerhill Villa has to offer!

Summerhill Villa is a very ...

Summerhill Villa is a very well-run facility, pristine, and so accommodating towards the residents. It is the perfect place for the elderly person who needs extra care but still wants to maintain a little independence. I was very impressed.

Very nice. I could see my s...

Very nice. I could see my sister here, but it is a little too expensive for her.

Very high scale

She had her own apartment, everything was decorated and they had a lot of activities. When we went out and searched on our own, we found that assisted living places were very very depressing and just not a good choice. This was expensive but so different from what we thought. Right when you walked in it was very very pretty, they decorated for every holiday, once a month they had a birthday celebration; it took the stress of her havingt o make her own meals away. They weren't monitoring how much she was eating and you either had to get up and get your meals or paid extra to have them delivered; she was eating the same thing as everyone else and no one really paid attention. This was nice though, it was a wonderful, beautiful place, like you were going to a casino in Vegas. it was fine until she fell and then we had to pay more and go up to the next level of care but they were all very nice and very helpful.

Very Expensive

We liked it but it was very expensive. It looked really nice but it didn't have the atmosphere that we were looking for - small and homey.

Located in the Santa Clarita Valley, just north of Los Angeles with easy access to the 405 Freeway, Atria Santa Clarita is a vibrant community where seniors benefit from a simplified lifestyle, with discreet support from a 24-hour staff.

In addition to independent and assisted living options, the community offers Life Guidance® – forward-thinking memory care in a separate, secure neighborhood setting for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Amenities include a salon and barber shop, game room, library – and bright, welcoming common spaces. The community features two dining venues: a grand dining room serving a selection of dishes with table service, and a casual café for lighter fare.

Residents enjoy a social calendar filled with more than 200 monthly events, including regular outings to local restaurants and points of interest like the theater.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 13,500 people. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them to keep making a positive difference in our world.