Brookdale Tyler East - Tyler, TX

Nice place and Jason was really nice and helpful, but too small.

Well kept facility

The reason why I picked this facility for my Mother is because they were able to provide services other people couldn’t offer. My mom really likes it here and it’s a nice facility. The staff members here treat her very well. My mom’s room is large and spacious and she even has a window overlooking the courtyard. I would recommend this facility to other families.

5 star Staff Team

My brother likes the place a lot. My other brother is there now and they both like the food that they provide in the dining area. It’s really good and the menu changes daily. Both of my brothers are totally happy with it. The staff alone I would rate them a five star team. They also do a good job with their cleanliness. They provided plenty of activities however since the majority of the residents are women it is more specially tailored to them. There are about 3-4 men at most and they all seem to get along fine. Overall I would recommend this location to other families looking for somewhere for their loved one.

Everyone felt like family

Everything was going fine when my mom was there. Everyone that works there has been very professional. My experience with them has been great but my mom just needs to be in a memory care unit which is something that they don’t provide. The staff really feels like family and I don’t think I have anything bad to say about them. My mom thought the facility was so beautiful; she would always talk about how it must be more expensive because of how fancy it is. The facility itself has a lock down unit, meaning she couldn’t just walk out the door if she wanted to so that added some security and peace of mind for us because she was prone to just leaving and getting lost. There were a few times when she wouldn’t eat and the cook took the time to actually make her private breakfasts just to make sure she would eat. Everything was kept clean and it didn’t have a bad smell or anything like that, it was very nice. I would definitely recommend them.

Very helpfull.

Not the right fit

I toured Brookdale Tyler East. The staff was friendly and helpful. They did not offer us lunch but we toured the community. It was clean and didn't smell, but it looked too much like a nursing home.

Getting through a difficult decision

I just recently had to make the decision to move my mother from our home to assisted living. This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I have had the primary care of my mother without help from my only brother. Just presenting my mom with this decision was so hard on her and me. This assisted living facilities met and exceeded my expectations. All mother could imagine was a nursing home and all the experiences she had with her parents-she resisted this move and change in her life. She felt as if we were "dumping" her! My husband and I both work long hours and just could not provide mother with the proper care that she needed based on her aging and declining health. Every staff member at Brooksdale was so kind to her and made her feel welcome. The residents were also so so so kind and welcomed her with warm hearts. Mother has decided that this is where she wants to be until she dies! Such warm people - staff and residents. This has been something not easily done but the outcome has been such a lift because in less than a month she loves her new life and has people her age and her caretakers are ALL so sweet to her. She is made to feel special and I can have peace of mind. I will be so grateful for Brooksdale for solving our problem! Thank you!

Care for mom

I am happy with the care here. The staff is helpful and attentive. The community is the clean and nice environment for care. The menu could use some improvements. I like that she is involved with the other residents in the activities that are offered for the residents who like to participate. We would recommend this community for the care and the value for a family member

Far drive!

Brookdale Tyler East was very nice and a very pretty facility. The people were very cordial but I live in Longview and its far for me and not accommodating.

Not a bad community.

They offer trips to the store as well as they bring in entertainment. The community is well taken care of. They have someone come in to assist with physical therapy. They also have someone come in to administer medication. The chef and the food are good. The community is a little expensive.

Attentive and caring people!!

We have been very impressed with the care my mother is receiving from the Brookdale Tyler East. The staff and caregivers are great, they are very attentive and overly concerned. They are always checking on my mother. The building is always kept very clean, and the housekeeping washes all of my mother's clothes. The meals are great if my mother doesn't like what they make, they make her something else. They are very encouraging on her eating as well.

Very warm, welcoming community. Interviewed and videoed 3 residents who were very happy with their home. Staff was friendly, helpful and committed to Brookdale. Room was a good size, very clean, and amenities well thought out. Would not hesitate to have my Mother here.

@ 40 rooms all AL, food ok, 340 sq', outside view, 3'W kit, big walk in, jet tub, gated, across from UT Tyler,

Great Care

A nice community with a great staff members. My mom says that they need to improve the food. They have great activities for her. We would highly recommend this community to other families.

Helpful Staff!!

During the time that my mother was in this community the staff was very caring. They were helpful with my loved ones needs. The community was kept clean at all times. My mother was well accommodated in her room. One thing i really liked was the communication with the staff. Overall it's a great community for our loved ones.

Very Bad Experience

Very bad experience at this community for my wife, she was at this community for only 2 days. They did not care for very well. The staff did not follow thru with anything they said they would do. The meals were okay. They are very under staffed and I was paying for extra care she was not getting. Over all I wouldn't recommend this community, it needs improving.

So far it's been a wonderful experience

So far it has been okay at Brookdale Tyler East. It is very clean. The staff keep the residents really active. So far it's been a wonderful experience. They have been attentive to moms needs. The only thing I would say they need to improve on is a little more communication. I would like more updates on how mom is doing whether it be major or minor. Overall it's been a really good experience here.

They seem to be pretty welcoming to the new residents. My concern is that i'm not happy that it smells like urine every once in a while.

So far they are doing pretty good.

So far they are doing pretty good. I don't have any concerns, or major complaints. The place is clean and the staff is friendly. I haven't heard any complaints about food. I am pretty happy with them.

We chose this facility last year and put down a deposit. My mom is moving in on Sunday, May 31. We are very happy with Brookdale and feel it's the best of the 4 facilities I had narrowed my search down to.

Did a good job, but not the right fit.

They did a good job, but probably isn't the right fit for my loved one. There were a lot memory care residents, and a lot of roaming the halls, and knocking on the doors trying to get into peoples rooms at night. They were very nice and very accommodating. The food was good, but they didn't seem to clean the room, but it was only a week respite, and we aren't sure what the schedule was supposed to be. They did seem to offer activities.

They have been very helpful, and very professional.

They have been very helpful, and very professional. I haven't had any complaints, or noticed any concerns. It's a lot better than the place we were at before.

Wonderful

Thank you so much for this service. I could not have found a place for mother without the help of Christine. She was wonderful. I have moved my mother to Sterling House in Tyler. The facility is wonderful and the staff is outstanding. I feel good about her being there and her care. I know she is being well taken care of and looked after. Thanks again for coming to my rescue when I needed it.

Sterling House provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Sterling House we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.