Brookdale Tulsa South - Tulsa, OK

Not what was promised

Brookdale Tulsa is a nice and clean community. Right now we are having issues with what they promised when we signed on and what they are actually providing now. Some of the staff members are friendly but a lot of them are not, they seem rather blase about what they are doing in providing the care for the residents. I explained the needs that my father-in-law would require and they have not fulfilled those needs. He requires encouragement to eat the well-balanced foods they provide first before eating sweets. They do not encourage him to shower or participate in the activities. This was all discussed and agreed upon when we signed up. This community might work for other residents that do not need any assistance, but what we were told they would do and what they are doing is two different things.

My wife's care

I am happy with the care that my wife is receiving from the good staff that are very attentive. The community has a nice environment and is very clean. The menu is very good and an excellent variety. I like knowing that she is helping and participating in the activities. We would recommend this community for good care to others.

Not what we were looking for...

The Brookdale Tulsa South was not a good fit for my loved one, during my tour, I noticed the place had a bad smell. The place also looked a lot like a nursing home and the residents were all just sitting around in their wheelchairs. The layout was nice, but it was not what we were looking for.

My Visit To The Community!

This community offers a lot of daily activities. The people we met during our tour were nice. The community looked clean. They have a beauty salon on site.

Taking Good Of My Father

My father is doing very well, here at this community. I'am pleased with the care they are providing him with. The community looks very nice and clean. They have a good staff here, they are good at what they do. I know he is safe and in good hands. Overall this is a very good community and I would recommend it.

Feels like home!

My mom is doing great since moving in to the Brookdale Tulsa South. It is very welcoming and is a smaller community. Her ideal room was available when she was ready to move in. My mom is very satisfied with the care the staff have been providing. They have been very friendly and easy to work with.

Brookdale Tulsa South

I moved my parents to Broodale Tulsa South after speaking with them about the concerns, wishes and needs that were necessary for me to decide on where I could leave them. I was assured ALL my requests were going to be met and that they would care for them and have no problems meeting those requests. We moved in 2-9-16 and I had to get them out by 3-12-16 due to non-compliance and continual mistakes from medication problems, personality issues, poor care, theft, rude staff, horrible dining service and complete and total lack of ethics and intelligence from the staff.

I regret trusting in these ppl and can only say the turnover rate in patients is quite high. They will tell you what you want to hear and then ignore everything and never try to accommodate you ever. I spent every day there trying to do their job for them and it is unfortunate for those that do not have someone to stay on top of the problems. The facility smells horrible and good luck finding anyone to let you in or out. I had ppl look right at me while standing in the cold and walk off. Completely ignoring me. Service is terrible and they will tell u if u do not like the entree u can get something else. I heard the chef say several times tough they can eat grilled cheese.

My parents were ignored and would have their food eaten and go without a drink due to pure laziness. They went without their laundry being picked up for ten days. And they kept it 4 days before returning. I got expensive hangers to send and they ever came back. Their close came back waded up. After the theft of a bracelet that they blamed on my mom we no longer could trust leaving them. When I asked them to make a theft report they said it was her fault for "misplacing" it. They came in and "searched" thru my parents' belongings twice and told her it was her own fault. And then it miraculously appeared on a table where they play bingo. My mother was never there.

The director promised to come by daily to talk and take her for a walk. That NEVER happened. The day we moved in, I was told I could bring them there and go back to help get movers going. NOBODY was there to check them in, director not there, nurse not there, and I was told they never got their room ready. I was an hour late meeting movers and had to pay extra for their inability to do anything right. When director shows up with wet hair I knew she was not expecting us. Nobody knew we were coming and I had made those arrangements 4 days before when I handed them our check. So we had to wait and it was extremely hard on my 89 yr old dad.

I took him to his doctor and in 3.5 weeks dad lost 10 pounds and his health declined. The dr said I needed to get them moved ASAP bc they were in a bad place and he was getting worse due to the stress. I was out two days later but not without encountering a very hateful and rude staff. If u r smart, DO NOT entrust ur loved ones to this type of treatment. We have found an amazing facility and my dad is showing tremendous signs of improvement after only 24 hours. The staff is always smiling and kind to their residents. I am sick that I had to go thru this and I got results from corporate quickly bc the director and LPN will not help u. I did the work for the nurse to get the meds right bc she still did not have a clue after ten days on how to get her job done.

I'm pleading with u to not waste ur time or believe u r leaving someone u love in good hands there. We r only $100 more and they r in basically a 5 star resort and r so much happier. Oh and they also sent me in circles trying to find VA benefits. The person they sent me to had no idea why they gave her name. I was NEVER helped as far as getting help with financing until VA benefits started coming and I made that clear they HAD to have the help in order to stay.

as compassionate as can be

Everyone at Sterling House of Tulsa South (now Brookdale) made the transition as easy as possible. We were very scared and apprehensive, and they really put us at ease and were just as compassionate as can be. They really helped alleviate the stress and make it a smooth transition.

A Great Experience

I have had a great experience. My mom is very happy and I think she is getting excellent care. The only thing I might improve on is that on the weekends they have a little bit less staff. Other than that it has been wonderful.

So far they are doing great. I have been really pleased.

So far they are doing great. I have been really pleased. The food is okay, it's not the best, but it's certainly better than what she had before. The staff are nothing but respectful and wonderful to the residents. There does seem to be a little bit of a break in communication between the staff and the family. It's still a little new but overall we are thoroughly pleased.

terrible billing process

I had a loved one that was at Sterling House of Tulsa South for just a few days, but she then had a fall and had to go into the hospital. That being the case, my experience was very limited.

The thing that I don't like is that they bill in advance. I just received a bill today for the month of May and my mother is not even there. They said they would give us a credit, but I have yet to see it.

It seems like a fairly decent place overall, but it is very expensive and for the four days my mom was there the price is outrageous.

I do like the way the place is designed. It does have a very home-like nice feel to it. But I definitely do not like the billing process. I do not mind paying for services rendered, but I would like them to be rendered first and to pay only for the services actually received.

highly recommended!

I have never in my life seen a group of people that work so good together. They are genuinely concerned for the people they care for. Their care is not fake or phony, it is evident that they are in the right field.

My dad recently passed away and we are still grieving, but we are very thankful that while he was at Sterling House while he was there he had excellent care.

If you have enough money to go the distance, Sterling House of Tulsa South is definitely the way to go. I would highly recommend them to anybody.

Kari was very helpful. Mom...

Kari was very helpful. Mom needs a place with more residents in order to be as social as she is.

This is an okay community

My sister only stayed for five days, in respite. Our main concern, was that it sounded good that you age in place before we got in there, but how that worked out was that most of the people who were there were just… just needed more care than we were expecting. There was plenty of parking and the food was decent to good. The administration was very friendly and helpful.

Good experience, overall

My loved one was only here briefly, but they did an impressive job with his care while he was there. In particular the marketing person we worked with, Rusty, did an outstanding job. He really went overboard to make sure that we had a good experience, and that everything we needed was taken care of. The facility itself was always very clean and well kept, and for the most part the staff were all very friendly and professional. I have family who are involved in the industry and even they remarked that this place seemed particular well run!

Very good care overall, a few issues to look out for

Overall we're very pleased with the care provided at this community. The staff are friendly and professional, and really go out of their way to make sure the residents are comfortable. As an example they were they were more than willing to help her rearrange her furniture even after she'd been moved in a while.
We've run into a few minor issues, the first being allowing her medication to run out due to lack of follow-through with her doctor. I've also noticed a few discrepancies on the bill we receive from the corporate office. It's always been easy to get them worked out, but it is definitely something to keep an eye out for.

I think everybody is just very nice, they are all very positive and upbeat.

I think everybody is just very nice, they are all very positive and upbeat. They are pretty good but there are some things they could shore up a little bit. Sometimes she complains that when she pulls the cord it can be slow to respond, during the night. They have been able to reassess her needs and drop the things that aren't being used, from her bill, which is nice. I like that it's accessible to you twenty-four hours a day they have a security system that is good you can pull a cord to get let in. I'm happy with the overall security and the staff is friendly.

Would like more communication

They're all expensive but the one thing that concerned us is right after she moved in they started adding additional costs, they did not do a good job communicating that they felt she needed more care or that she was getting more care. We did talk about it and they removed those fees retroactively because the didn't consult me on them. She is recieving the care now, she does not like it as well as where she was before but I think a part of it is because the people here are sicker, but she's sicker too. The only thing I've been unhappy with is their communication, they have not communicated with me as well as I think they shoud but in speaking with my other friends who have parents places I would rather them not communicate but still do things than not doing them or not taking care of her and I know that they are taking care of her. I'm not sure that they're very used to families being highly involved with the residents and I think that's been a little bit of an adjustment for them. We may not fit the mold of what they're typically used to.

Sterling House provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Sterling House we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.