Brookdale Tallgrass - Wichita, KS

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected

Loved The Community!!

During my tour i got to see some interaction between the staff and the residents during an activity that was going on. The residents looked happy and seemed to be enjoying the activity they were engaging in. I really liked that the whole community was well organized and cleaned. The guide provided me with meal information and all of their services offered. The tour guide was very informative and answered my questions.

Good job done by Brookdale Senior Living

Everyone was very responsive and caring. They did a great job with the details and if they didn't have an answer to something they went and researched the info for us. Virginia was especially helpful and thorough.

absolutely amazing

At Sterling House of Tallgrass they were absolutely amazing from start to finish. I was so surprised at how smooth the whole process went. They could not have been more accommodating and caring. I am so happy mom is there and she is too. I highly recommend this place to anyone. If you are looking for something like this facility I recommend you go here first! You will not be disappointed.

Some Problems, But Overall Good Job

There is a huge problem with the billing and that whole thing. I really think that the reason is because there is one person trying to be the director over two facilities and also the finances and that is just impossible. So it is not really her fault, but it is frustrating for us because it just a mess. But other than that it is very clean and all the people are doing a good job. We were very pleased and my sister has improved greatly since she has been there.

Live a beautiful life at Tallgrass

It was so easy to choose beautiful Tallgrass. I am so thrilled. My mom lives there and is happy, comfortable and enjoying her life. I love the fireplace in the great room as you enter. Her apartment is very nice as well. Everything is fresh and sparking clean. Everyone from the Executive Director to the nurse to the chef has a genuine smile and warm welcome. This is the place to live a happy independent life!

It was a place I would like to stay in that situation.

They are very clean. I have had some issues with getting messages to the director, but they are friendly. They have very good people there, Alicia, and Todd have been terrific, as far as working with me. It can be tough to get a hold of him. I think the medication charge is a bit much. They have enough activities, and the food is just fine. I chose it because it was a place I would like to stay in that situation.

At first I was displeased with the fr...

At first I was displeased with the front porch as it was in need of sweeping scrubbing and Christmas decorations removed. ( I moved in in April). That has been corrected with new management.
I had my community deposit and first month prorated rent returned due to no invoice number. The checks were given to the administration who sent them in. One would think the administrator would know that an invoice number would be needed. It is finally resolved.
The activities are not what I expected. My mind is OK unlike the majority of residents. Thus Bingo is not played long as so manay can not respond to the game. There are no evening activities. So after supper one just sits in their apartment. There is nothing for interactions. The van is shared so some trips are postponed due to van not being available. I am paying a lot of money for something I am very unhappy with. I will be moving.

Loved the Sterling house

Our only visit we took was to the Sterling House of Tallgrass and we loved it! We like the fact it was a smaller community but it had the feel of independent living for all the residents. It had all the levels of care and the ammenities we what every family would look for. The only SMALL downside was the price was a little high but If we were to find the best fit for my mom this would be it.

Seems more relaxed

This was okay, it seemed like a more comfortable place, more casual, more friendly. We didn't see a whole lot of residents there, they were i their rooms or someplace.

Really liked Sterling House...

Really liked Sterling House. Excellent security. It felt more like home to me. Smaller space to navigate if in a wheelchair or walker. Nice common space, dining room, library, sun room, enclosed patio, activity room. Beauty shop and spa room available, too. Apts. were small, but how much room is truly needed? Different levels of assistance to choose from were a plus for our family. Opportunity for outings was greater here than at Sedgwick Plaza. It's location is perfect for our family, too. Food was good. But, something aobut it just didn't work for Mom. Going to talk it up to her.

Met with staff. It's a little more e...

Met with staff. It's a little more expensive than we had hoped but is an excellent facility.

This would be the best option when th...

This would be the best option when the time comes. It is pricely but very comfortable.