Brookdale Stuart - Stuart, FL

Good Community

This is a very nice community, and my love one is doing well since her move to this facility. She is safe, and in good hands.

smaller Brookdale facility; 42 apartments; assisted only; approx $3800 for 1 br.

Depressing Atmosphere

We were very disappointed with our tour of this community. For a community with such great creditably, the atmosphere was very depressing. The community appeared to be out dated. The environment felt dark. It was an environment I would had felt comfortable placing my parents in.

Did not care for this facility at all. I think its the smallest and oldest of the Brookdale properties.Drab and uninteressting.

I Like The Staff Here At This Community

So far my father is doing very well, and I'am pleased with his move here. I know he is in good hands here. Everything has worked out well for us here. The community looks great, and they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are nice activities offered for the residents. I like the staff, they are very friendly. He is pleased with the meals. This is a community I would recommend, he is being cared for well here.

Communication constant

Friendly and helpful to my sisters and I who live out-of-state and call frequently about our parents both in Brookdale, Stuart, Florida

Very Pleased With Community

I am very pleased with this community, my uncle is finally at a place where he feels comfortable. They helped him settle in the community and welcomed us with open arms. It looks great and very clean. The staff is patient and caring for my uncle. He feels more comfortable here then the other community he was at. All the residents are the same and he doesn't feel like the odd man in the community due to his condition. I would just say to anyone considering senior living, make sure you don't wait too long to find to right place for your loved one it can come sooner then expected.

Everything is going okay here so far

Everything is going okay here so far, except for the administration. The staff is polite and friendly and seems to really care. The administration could use a little more help.

Fantastic for the most part!

I am very happy with the care my mother-in-law is receiving. She likes the food and the people there and there is really good communication between the staff and families. They handle things well and they get to go places for activities and it is close to a lot of things in the area. The only thing don't like is buzzing/waiting to get in. I understand it can be hard especially when they are short-staffed, but I feel they should give some sort of access code for families so you don't have to stand and wait in front of the door. Otherwise, it has gone great!

Brief overview of my experience.

The food was barely edible along with its poor presentation.

The activities were consistently interesting.

The facility was kept clean.

Friendliness was supporatic.

Care services were inconsistent. Confusing as to the protocols.

If I ever needed an assisted living arrangement, this is where I'd go. It's quaint, cozy, clean and welcoming. I toured for my husband; however, his need was for a memory care facility.

We've been pleased

My father has not been at the Sterling House of stuart, but up to this point, we are very pleased with the services that we have received. We hope that this continues on as well. Overall, we are very happy.

We've been pleased!

My father hasn't been there very long. To this point we've been pleased. We are also very pleased with " A Place for Mom" and their quick response and I just want to let people know about that as well.

Like this facility very muc...

Like this facility very much as long as you don't need memory care. This is more senior and assisted living.

Very clean and very nice

Sterling House of Stuart is very clean and very nice and was the best fit for dad. It was not the cheapest but they have a different way of pricing than other places, care services are a la carte. They reassess residents every three months so the charges usually change, however, sometimes when they add new services they will delete others. They also give you a max price that they won't go over, so you know what the maximum charge could be. I was warned some other a la carte facilities can surprise you with extra costs, but here at Sterling house it is exactly what they tell you to expect. I looked at all the other facilities in the Stuart area, I liked that it is not a large assisted living facility. A lot of other places tried to sell up their activities and upgrades, but my dad is not fancy and this seemed like the best fit for him.

Facility looks FANTASTIC but most lik...

Facility looks FANTASTIC but most likely not affordable. Financial Services suggested I ask if there might be any other benefits available other than VAA.

Sterling House of Stuart provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.