Brookdale Saginaw Assisted Living -Saginaw, MI

Sterling House of Saginaw provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Sterling House of Saginaw, we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Outstanding in every way

A very nice facility - great food, nice spots for TV and visitors...not too big...However, the best part about the place is the people who work there...wonderful, caring employees that my dad took to right away...and lots of experience - each of the key staff members has at least ten years there - I've learned that's pretty rare in that industry... There's a lot of apprehension and at least a little bit of guilt in all of us when we make that decision for our parents, but the Brookdale staff was tremendous from the minute me and my sister walked into the place for our initial visit, and they continuously keep us posted...Another important thing: They have a very active and engaging schedule for the "tenants" so they're challenged mentally, physically (to their limitations, of course), and socially. I love my dad more than anything in the world, and I am so happy he is now part of Brookdale...

Tour was Decent Overall

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. My tour overall was okay. I felt the atmosphere in this community was like a hospital. I wanted a more homey environment for my mother. It is a decent community, but not the one for us overall.

Awful community

I'm done with this place. They do not have a safety system in place that is adequate for residents. The food is awful and if someone doesn't like something they give them a bowl of Jell-O for dinner. It was a terrible experience. They over billed me and I'm still getting that worked out. I've had enough of them.

I think we hit the jackpot

The community is beautiful. The staff have been wonderful. Mom is not a fan of the food. They do offer daily activities and she is able to have her hair done once a week. I would recommend this community.

Happy Camper

This all started because I needed to find a place for respite care for my father for a two week period. Brookdale was recommended by a Place for Mom. I was contacted with minutes after talking a Place for Mom's representative.
They bent over backwards to help me get my father admitted. (This is not like checking into a hotel!) They made this as painless as possible.
Then at the end of the 2 week period my father decided he wanted to stay. Prior to this he was not keen about going to assisted living.
The staff again was helpful on getting my father fully admitted and he now resides with them and is happy.
They helped make a difficult experience a much easier one!!

I Absolutely Recommend

We just had a care conference and it looks like it's going well. The staff are doing a wonderful job and they are helping us understand the changes my mother-in-law is going through, she has no memory at all. From what I have seen the meal looks wonderful and I think it's very well. They try to accommodate her meal when it is something she does not like. My mother-in-law has gone out with them on a couple occasions, it went okay. Once she fell, she was not hurt, but they called me right away and I was able to come see her.

My dad's great care.

I am very happy with the care my father is receiving here. The community is nice and very clean. The staff is very helpful. He was pleased with the food that was served. I would recommend this for great care for other families.

Nice facility

This seems like a nice facility. It is clean and well kept. The staff is attentive to the residents and they are very polite and helpful. We don't really have any complaints so far. There have not been any major issues.

It was a little higher of a care level than what we were ready for.

We looked here when we were looking for options. It was a little higher of a care level than what we were ready for. We needed the illusion of a little more independence. Just not a good fit for us.

Prompt and Attentive

They are very prompt in answering questions and giving attention to the residents. The staff is very friendly and understanding and patient. The patients are great and my loved one seems to be happy there.

I found Sterling House to be quite pleasant. The Staff that was on duty were very friendly and I was pleasantly surprised to find I knew through others Nurse Mary and one of my friends Grandmother was in the process of moving in! It has a very comfortable homey feel. And I am sure when my Father is ready we will most definitely look further into getting him into Sterling House.

Nice place, but not a great fit for us

I think Sterling House of Saginaw is a nice place overall, but it did not end up being a good fit for my loved one. The staff here are friendly and helpful, and their whole setup is very nice. However, they seemed to have some difficulty controlling the behaviors of some of their memory care residents. There were a lot of outbursts and shouting that they would just let happen, and it was making my loved one uncomfortable.