Brookdale Onalaska - Onalaska, WI

Assisted living

They were great to work with .... always willing to talk about different issues . Everything went GREAT!! My Dad loves it there !!!😍

We Are All On the Same Page Now

All is well for my mom and she is getting the care she needs. I think the activities are good but not seeing some on the weekends. The staff are courteous and have called us to let us know of any incidents. She enjoys the meals very much, it has good taste with options.

My Friend Is Treated Well

The staff have been nice, helpful, and welcoming to my friend. Everything is in good shape around the facility. My friend has not complained about the food, he eats very well. There are activities available but he is not interested in that, so my friends and I visit him often.

This place is very small. Everything...

This place is very small. Everything is home made. They garden and eat the veggies. They do have openings for singles. They have a manicure person as well as a hair person come in once a week. No showers in the room. They have to go in the hall shower room to bathe.

Clean and tidy and attractive setting...

Clean and tidy and attractive setting. Very quiet, we didn't see any residents sitting around or doing anything at 2PM. Reminded me of a pretty nursing home. We want something different for our parents at this time.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected