Brookdale North West 122nd Street - Oklahoma City, OK

Would NOT recommend

Our experience with Brookdale North West 122nd Street was a very poor one. We had my loved one evaluated, and they told us they'd be able to handle all of her care needs and she'd be a great fit. A few weeks later they are telling us she is disruptive and they are kicking her out of the community. Based on our experience I would NOT recommend this community.

bad first impression.

I was irritated at Sterling House of Oklahoma City North initially. We signed the contract in June. I was under the impression we wouldn't have to pay until August. We ended up getting a bill before I thought we would. It just got us off to a bad start. They didn't work with us and we got the run around. Very bad first impression. Grandma does like the room. They loaned us furniture which I thought was helpful while we were waiting to get her set up. However the room was not fully set up right when we got there with Grandma so that was disappointing. Grandma enjoys the food there. Overall we like the place but we did get a bad first impression.

We were searching for the right place for our mom and had very little time to transition her from the hospital. Sterling House assisted us within a very short window. They offered comfort when our mom needed it most.

Our mom was pleased with the smaller environment. She was very complimentary of the staff and said the food was excellent.

Good place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Sterling House of Oklahoma City. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the aide staff are friendly and helpful. It has been a tough adjustment for my loved one, but overall I think Sterling House has handled things well. I do think the nursing director could be more personable, she has been hard to work with in regards to getting things set up with my loved ones current doctors.

very happy

They have done exceptionally well in making my mom feel welcome and comfortable. They have done a really good job getting her involved and engaged, bringing her out for activities, making sure she has others to dine with, wtc.

Overall I am very happy with Sterling House of Oklahoma City North, and so is mom.

Good Food, Care, and Acitivities

The cost is really good because we got a discount, $1000 off for the first 18 months so that was really enticing. As far as I know they have pretty good activities. One thing that my dad really likes is that they take them on drives, sight seeing around the city. The last couple of time I've been there that hasn't been on the schedule so it would be nice if they would reinstate that.

It's a secure facility which is best for my dad because he was kind of wandering off. There are alarms on the door so you can't just walk out. He's doing great there.

The only concern we have is the billing. They've gotten that all mixed up but the care and stuff seems to be really good. He's always clean and they have a salon there so they cut his hair. The food it good. It has a lot of flavor.

Sterling House provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Sterling House we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.