Brookdale Junction City - Junction City, KS

Like a Home, Like a Family

Brookdale is a smaller place, which I like, and all the staff seem involved in taking care of the residents. They have been very good at adjusting to my dad's needs. The food is really good. I've had several meals there, and my dad has also been very happy with it. They have cards, memory games, and lots of field trips, outings, and social get-togethers to keep the residents engaged and stimulated. The community is clean, and I love that they have been letting me brings our dogs when I visit. Brookdale just has a good feeling about it. It feels more like a home, like a family than an institution.

Homey Feel

Mom is really enjoying her new home at Brookdale Junction City. They are awesome. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. They always come up and greet you and offer you a hug. My mom comes from a small town and this being a smaller community it is the perfect fit for her. I have dined there with my mom, and I think the food is good. They try and cater to the dietary needs of the residents. If you don't like something on your plate, you need to just voice your opinion that you don't care for what is being offered. It is very easy to communicate with the staff. We communicate by either phone or email. There is a nicely landscaped courtyard in the middle that they can go out anytime when the weather is nice. She likes her room that is nice and comfortable. They do offer activities and off-site transportation. It is so close and convenient for me that I take her wherever she needs to go anywhere. I would describe this as a very homey place that I would definitely recommend to others.

Not The Red Carpet Welcome We Were Promised

My mother in law has been there for a little over a month and so far it's been a nightmare. The person who signed us up has since left and ever since then, things have gone down hill. The administrator is just mean and unprofessional and if you complain about something she will make life miserable. They don't return phone calls the communication here is awful with the staff. The housekeeping is horrible my mother in laws bathroom since she moved in has smelled of urine from the previous resident. She has requested that paper goods in the bathroom be replenished and they have not we have been providing that stuff ourselves so she has what she needs. Apparently, the staff and management feel no need to listen to anyone's concerns But on a positive note, the food seems to be good.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected