Brookdale Inver Grove Heights - Inver Grove Heights, MN

This feels like a great place for my mom, who needs a lot of care. It's small, with about 20 rooms (private studio bedroom and bath), and all one level. Everyone I talked with was very nice. The price was reasonable and in line with other places I toured. They invited me to share a meal, so I'm looking forward to stopping in again to meet some of the residents.

Nice small facility. I just am not sure it's a good fit for my dad.

My great place

I like living at this nice community. It is on the smaller size like I wanted. The staff are very nice and helpful. I like the meals and being able to dine with the other residents that live here. I do like alot of theactivities. I would recommend this community to other families.

I want my mother in law to move here

I was unsuccessful in getting my mother in law moved to Brookdale in Inver Grove Heights, however, I have nothing but praise for their people and facility. I dropped in there frequently during the month I was attempting to get her to move from Indianna to Mn. The staff, all of them , were so helpful and friendly. The residents were engaged in activities and also talkative. I have to say the meals smelled great and my adult son on leaving after looking at the facility said" Boy, grandma is really missing out , everybody in there is sitting down for lunch and laughing and talking and the food looks good too!" Penny and Lyndsay were very patient with me listening to all my travails and offering so much support. I have not altogether given up on getting her up here to be with her only family; trying to be proactive did not work so now we wait for something to happen to force a move. Hopefully the facility will have room for her when that happens.

I would not recommend.

Huge entry fee to get my mother-in-law moved in. Her room was dirty and wasn't even cleaned before she moved in. When they do clean, it is not very thorough at all. I feel all the things promised and signed for on the paperwork are not happening. We pay extra for transportation services and they were not transporting her down to the dining room or the activity room. She went two weeks without a shower because they hadn't put her on the shower schedule. I think they're short staffed. I like the people there, they are nice. There's simple activities, not too impressed. I'm not impressed with the food, it's not good quality food.

Unless your a millionaire, don't go there!

My mother was only in Brookdale's care for 6 days. First in the initial evaluation with mom, they should have reviewed that with the family because in mom's condition, some of her answers were untrue. They did not do this. Next, in the middle of the night mom fell, breaking 4 ribs and puncturing her lung. Later the next morning she told people she was hurting and no one believed her. Because in her state of mind, she thought she was outside when she fell. When she went to her room, she took off her clothes thinking the pain would get better. Three aids forced mom to get dressed while she was screaming in pain. After calling me and I had to tell them to call an ambulance, they did. I refused to bring mom back to that location! After paying one month rent to walk in the door, a month "free" rent, and a 30-day notice to vacate; plus extra fees that they attach every time they entered her room - the expense was horrible! I had to fight for 3 months to get a corrected itemized invoice.

Review of Brookdale Inver Grove Heights-Inver Grove Heights, Mn

I loved Brookdale. I loved how they seemed to care for the residents as individuals and that it was small and all one level. The only snag is it’s totally out of our price range. There’s no way we could afford to send mom here.

he's like a new dad

Brookdale Inver Grove Heights is going well. Dad was very hesitant going in and now he likes to talk to everybody. He keeps to himself a lot still but he's like a new dad. I'm really liking it at this facility.

So far so good

So far so good at Brookdale Inver Grove Heights. They were very flexible when we thought we had a move in date and then she got sick. My mother did tell me that over the weekend she heard 5 staff members were leaving but my mother has dementia so I am not sure how much of it is true. That's the only thing that kind of took me by surprise but again I am not sure how much is correct. Overall things are going good so far.

Good staffing and aides

I think they have an excellent director of nursing and good staffing and aides. They are very hardworking and caring. They work hard to provide a homey atmosphere with lots of activities. They are also very responsive to requests.

Friendly, responsive staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out with Brookdale Inver Grove Heights! The facility itself is well kep and clean, and the staff is friendly and professional. They really do an excellent job looking out for the people who live here. The medical coverage they provide is wonderful, they respond immediately whenever anything at all goes wrong. We really couldn't be more satisfied!

Nice place. I did like the fact that this place is able to accommodate Mom as her health would detoriate, everything is on one level. Quite small 19 or 20 units total. Only suites available here, but their still a little bigger than ones at Oak Ridge.

It is a home away from home!

Just looked at this community and they had all that we were looking for. My mom just needed to downsize and the minute we walked in, she felt like it was home. The fresh food baking, friendly staff (that have worked there 9, 10 years) and warm feeling. It was small so mom didn't feel overwhelmed. Love seeing her happy again at Sterling House of Inver Grove Heights.

BEST home for my mom! She loves it!

They treat the residents with dignity, kindness and compassion. Since I have moved my mother into the community, I have seen nothing but A+ service. Mom loves it and they treat her like we would care and love her! So glad that this home was recommended to us!

The market Manager Rachel is very sweet

We visited here when we were looking around. The market Manager Rachel is very sweet and made the tour very informative and a good experience.

This place is much too smal...

This place is much too small for our family's needs. At this time it wouldn't work.

Great tour & staff, but fel...

Great tour & staff, but felt the facility was very small and hallways cramped. Not much privacy if you just want to be alone. Location not the greatest for us. Think we'll rule this one out.

I did the tour. Director was out sic...

I did the tour. Director was out sick. They gave me the basic price and was going to get back to me on the "care" part but have not heard back. Rooms too small compared to the rest.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected