Brookdale Greenwood - Greenwood, SC

We toured this community

We went on a tour here and it was gorgeous and it seemed clean. The staff was nice and answered all of my questions. They did allow pets but no one else had any so my mom maybe wouldn't have bonded with people. It wasn't a good fit for us. I would recommend families to tour this community.

A community tour for care

This is a nice community and the staff was nice on the tour. They offer healthy meals and a nice variety. The community was larger then what we wanted to my father. The I liked the environment of the community. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

A Good Community

Everything is working out well for my mother, she seems to have adjusted very well. The community is really nice looking and they keep the facility very clean. The staff is very helpful. There are nice activities through out the week. They are caring for my mother well and I recommend this community.

Placement for my mother-in-law.C

My experience with "A Place for Mom" was very helpful, very swift, and very pleasant. My situation was quite urgent for my mother-in-law and the care and concern for her was very genuine. Getting her out of the current situation was completely understandable by the Senior Advisor and they worked diligently with me. She is now placed a wonderful place where she is treated with great care and decency. Her entire family is very pleased with Sterling House and she has made Sterling House her new home.

Wonderful, highly recommended place

We couldn't be happier, the cleanliness is wonderful, there's no odor of anything, not even that overwhelming disinfectant odor. They have a good variety of activites, their biggest problem there is their ration of men to women, the women outnumber the men and men sometimes are just hard to please. My father doesn't like the food but then again, that's him. We've shared a meal with him and I thought the food was excellent, he's just used to home cooking. I'm very comfortable with him being there, it's a smaller facility and anyone I talked to had nothing but praise and through the medical community alone, anyone I mentioned Sterling House to said it was a wonderful place. Sterling House told us how they sit down with residents like an "open board" and the staff is receptive to listening and to trying to make everyone's experience there because that's what they're paying for and the staff goes out of their way, you can't please everybody, but at least they make an effort.

Did not like - old and dark

Did not like - old and dark

Daily Devotions

We chose Sterling House because out of the 3 locations we looked into we could get the best value here. We were able to get more space for the same amount of money other communities were charging. The apartment was available right away and was freshly painted with new carpet. With there availability we were able to get her a two bedroom. Sterling House also provides daily devotions so it really made it that much better. They have plenty of activities for residents to participate in if they choose to. She likes to do the daily devotion, exercise and sewing. The other day she just told me that she made an American Flag. We are very pleased with Sterling House and would recommend it to anyone.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected