Sterling House of Fairfield - Fairfield, OH

Review of Brookdale Fairfield - Fairfield, OH

Not bad place

Really Liked It!

Really liked it, impressed. I thought it was clean and the people were friendly, there were some activities that we observed, liked layout, The studio was nice, Nice courtyard. One thing I look for when visiting a community is odor, smelled clean and looked clean. They offered us a good deal, so much money off, a discount for a couple months, 2-3000 is what we would have saved

Doing a good job here

Overall things have gone very well with Sterling House of Fairfield. They are a nice looking facility, the staff are friendly and caring, and they've got a lot to offer their residents. The only complaint I've had so far is that they did an evaluation after we moved our loved one in which caused the price to increase quite a bit, it would have been nice to have that evaluation done before moving in.

Nice place, overall

Our loved one has only been here a few weeks, so my feedback is just based on her short time here, but so far they've done an excellent job! I'd give them high marks across the board. We liked that it is on the smaller side, and we just felt like it would be a good match for our loved one's personality.

Nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Overall this was a nice looking place, the facility itself was clean, and the staff we met were friendly and helpful. We ended up choosing a different community based on past experiences with them, but this place is definitely worth a look!

Problematical Patients

We just visited it. In the running with Atria and we selected the Atria. I think at the Atria the patients that we were exposed to seemed more with it and less problematical. That influenced us a lot. They had a broad scope of services, both dementia and assisted living I believe. Their patients seemed like they were more challenged than those at the Atria.

I did not like this facilit...

I did not like this facility at all.

Getting great care, but waiting on medicaid waiver program

At the beginning we had a problem, they were not cleaning my brother's room on a regular basis and i had to get on them but now eveything is fine. Actually, I think I had to bring it to someones attention twice, but now it's being taking care of. I think they're taking very good care of him, he goes to Mass and he does the Rosary but he doesn't do any more than that. Due to a stroke, it's left him unable to speak so communication is difficult for him. Since December, we were told that they were going to be on the medicaid waiver program and they still aren't, which really concerns me. i understand these things take time but that was one of the top reasons we moved him there but if his money runs out we're going to have to move him and I really didn't want to have to move him more than once.

Worked Out Great for My Husband!

Sterling House of Fairfield is wonderful. It's a very nice facility. My husband really improved in there. It's a nice, small place where everybody knows everybody by name. I can't say enough good about them. I would say they are low to normal for cost. I liked pretty much everything. They had a problem getting the billing straight but they tried their best to get it right. I felt like my husband needed more socialization and activities which the did. When he was there he improved immensely and he still goes back and volunteers there now so he gets that socialization with out living there. It worked out great!

Very nice and clean. Lots of aides ar...

Very nice and clean. Lots of aides around although not secure. Right around the corner from Winton Road First Church of God.