Brookdale Davison - Davison, MI

very impressed. plan on applying

A happy respite at Brookdale in Davison!

The care givers and the care received was very good! All my needs were tended to sufficiently and in a timely manor. The employees seem happy in their work. The facility was kept very clean and organized.
I think the meals could have been a little better.

A tour for good care

I toured this community, but I wanted somewhere close to my home. The staff were helpful and answered my questions on the care that is given to this nice community. I highly suggest that families tour this community for care for a loved one

My mother's good care

This is a excellent community. I like knowing that she likes the staff who are taking great care of her. The comunity is very clean and she likes the outdoor areas. The meals are outstanding and she likes the variety of healthy meals. The activities are offer for her to participate with the other residents.

Brookdale

Brookdale is clean and friendly. They have a really good staff that is patient and kind. Their monthly coat is higher then similar facilities, but they have a good location for us.

With an average monthly rate exceeding $3000 we cannot consider this facility

will not accept dual diagnosis - signed all paperwork, paid and rejected after assessment by rn

Very nice place!

I think they do a wonderful job at Brookdale Davison! Our loved one has only been here a short time, but every time I've visited I have been impressed with what I see! The facility itself is beautiful and well kept, and always smells clean and fresh. The staff is friendly and caring, and they take good care of the residents. The whole place just has a very comfortable, home-like atmopshere.

Location

Although my family and I loved the community itself we did not like the location of it at all. Its just a little to far to have my parents there and us away from them. If this dosent apply to you I would say go for it.

Cost is constantly changing-from day to day!

This is a nice place for seniors. We loved everything about it, except one. The cost for my mother changed several times before she even moved it. It was difficult to get a breakdown of what Brookdale charges for each item.

If they were more open about the charges, this would be a perfect place. Charges keep popping up on my mom's monthly bill, and we have to keep asking to have them removed. The original cost we were given suddenly went up over $800 a month. The office said they "may" take them off later-after she moves in.

I am looking for another place for mom. If Brookdale was more open about the financial costs, we would definitely keep mom there.

Our family was looking for a larger facility with more options for socialization. To be fair we didn't meet with the director as upon visual inspection we could tell it wouldn't some of the requirements were anticipating.

Using "respite services" for the hospice patient

The manner and friendliness of all the staff doesn't sag no matter now busy they are. Patience and gentleness come to mind when describing staff feeding or attending to my loved one's needs. Amenities are excellent; dining includes cloth napkins and personal wait-service. The only drawback has been some laxity in laundering pillowcases which are rotated under the patient's legs (patient is bed-bound). Apparently there is a regulation for assisted living homes which prohibit the use of side rails on beds in those facilities. There are several reasons why our patient has needed them for his comfort and safety, and we have had to improvise other measures to attempt to keep him safe. The staff DO work very well with Gentiva Hospice services.

Friendly staff, but expensive service

My loved one was here for a brief respite stay, and while there are a few things they do very well there are also way they could improve. To start with the good, the caregivers are wonderful, they are all very friendly and professional. However, it is a very costly facility, and I don't feel like they provided much in terms of services and amenities for the price. They also did not have much in the way of activities.

Perfect Location

We chose Sterling house because it was just in the perfect location for our family. The staff is extremely friend and they are very helpful. We are very pleased with our choice and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a community for themselves or loved ones.

The Director was on vacation and no o...

The Director was on vacation and no one was aware I was coming for a visit. A staff member did take me on a tour and answered my questions. The staff were very friendly and liked what I saw, however, I feel that this site is too far for the family to drive and as my grandma's dementia advances, we would have to move her to another location for memory care.

talked to them, seems like a nice place

talked to them, seems like a nice place

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected