Brookdale Columbia (new listing coming soon) - Columbia, TN

We Picked the Best Spot

My mom is doing fine and the community has been fine for her. She has been happy with her meal choices and happy with the activities. We have a family friend here and we felt that they were the best place to be.

My mom's care

I was able to tour this community for care for my mom. The staff did answer all of my questions on the care that she would have received. The menu was appealing and the community is very clean. They offer a good variety of meals. All of-of activities is an offer to the residents who want to participate. We do recommend the care of this community for families

They are one of the nicest and friendliest places in Columbia

They have been awesome. They are one of the nicest and friendliest places in Columbia. They go above and beyond to make sure that their residents are attended to. They make me feel very welcomed. The facility is very clean. There is never a mess. The value is excellent for the care that you receive. Everything has been going great. This is a very nice community with nice people. I would recommend it.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice place, overall! The employees that we met were all very friendly, and the facility itself was well kept and clean. My loved one ended up deciding against moving into a senior community, but this one is at the top of our list if things change!

I liked the location of this facility. It was not in a heavy commercial area but very convenient to the hospital. It was a lock down facility that the only access is by a staff person letting you in. Each unit was total hardwood, large walk in showers. Nice dining hall. Met a 93 year old man who had been there 2 years and really like the care, staff and food. They do get a choice of food for meals. The studio was a bit small but the one bedroom was a good size. Lots of closet space and cabinet space in every unit. They had a inter courtyard that was nice for the residents to be able to be outside without the ability to wonder off. The building was designed in a circle so no resident will get lost, they can simply keep walking until they get to their apartment. Very clean. LPS from 6am-10pm. Then aids on staff. Effective 1/1/2015 a RN will be on staff 24/7.

They need more activities and better food.

They just don't seem to have anything going on. He'll sit in his room and watch t.v. all day. He needs more encouragement than just mingle. He isn't happy with the food. The billing system they have is horrible, it's really confusing. We picked them because we liked the layout, where they could be in the courtyard in the middle so they could be outside, safely.

Not impressed

I moved my brother to this community in order to have him closer to me, and it was definitely a step down from his last community. It is always difficult to find nurses and/or caregivers on duty, they seem to be understaffed or at least do not have enough on duty at one time. When they are on duty, they do not seem very attentive to the needs of the residents. There are almost no activities for residents: they spend a lot of time in their rooms or sitting around. I have also had a lot of trouble with the billing procedures, it seems like they are trying to rip off residents. The bills are very difficult to decipher, and you can get charged multiple times for something if you do not read carefully. I have spoken to the staff and their headquarters about this, and nobody has been helpful.

Satisfied Family

I visited Sterling House of Columbia and was impressed by their cleanliness and friendliness. It is a very nice,modern place. They offer 4 different church services on Sunday's and also offer a variety of activities which is important to us. There is a very nice interior courtyard where residents can keep garden planters and grow flowers or vegtables and is also secured!

A GREAT PLACE FOR MY SISTER

Could not be more pleased with The Sterling House in Columbia, TN. as the new home for my sister.

A Little Small

I didn't like it because of the size. It was a little too small for what I wanted. I wanted mom to have a lot of people around and I found a place that worked better for us that way.

The floor plan is designed ...

The floor plan is designed with a circular hallway with entrance to all 45 rooms around the circle and the outdoor sitting area is secured in the middle of the building. Very clean and fresh smelling. On duty nurse gives medication. Couples allowed in same room. Pets also allowed. 60% to 70% of residents have dementia or Alzheimer's. Excellent staff. All apartments have 2 unfurnished rooms and full accessible baths with emergency pull cords in every room. The price ranges from $2,335 to $3,095 per month with all services included except TV and phone. Day care is available at $10 per hour with one day's notice after all paperwork has been completed. Has only one person on a waiting list at this time. The cost to get on the list is $1,000, which is the move-in fee.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected