Brookdale Central - Central, SC

Grandma loves it

My grandmother recently moved in and she loves it. The staff go above and beyond. Executive Director and Nurse very helpful.

Starting To Look Better

The staff at this community are really nice to my mom and she is doing well with their help. She really likes the food they make. My mom recently started to join some activities that is provided for all the residents.

Not very happy with this place!!

My loved one has recently moved into this community and so far we have no complaints with how things are going for her. The staff are not very qualified and could use some more training on how they handled different situations.

Great place to live

My mom an dad is a resident at the community and they love it. Everyone goes out of there way to help them. The staff and managers are so nice and willing to help. We would highly recommend this community

Kindness

Some caregivers are kinder than others in their physical handling. Nursing staff is efficient and kind. There is a conscious effort to keep everybody as active as possible.

Excellent senior living

I just love this community. My mom has been there for 3 years and she has received excellent care. The director is very caring, helpful and the staff are very compassionate. The activities are excellent and the atmosphere is very home-like. We love it!

I wouldn't recommend them

I'm not sure it's going to be a good fit for our loved one. For now, some of our needs are being met, but we have had a couple of instances that were very concerning. I don't know that they have enough people on staff. They say they can handle memory care, but I am not sure they are trained enough to work with that. I will walk by rooms and hear people calling for help. I chose them because I liked the way they presented themselves, and they said they could handle it. I wouldn't recommend them, especially if you think you aren't going to have to worry about your loved one. My loved one is losing some function now. If they don't require a lot of assistance, or if they had enough people on staff, it would probably be a good place.

Low male to female ratio

This place was much better, it was a nice facility, the only thing that swayed me away from this one was they have a very low population of men but they had a bigger outdoor garden area that they could sit in.

Great staff, I would like more games

It's going very well, the staff is A1, top knotch. They don't have an awful lot of activities because it's a small outfit, I would like more games. I think it's hard because so many of their residents are not capable, but the food's good, it's not gourmet but it's well cooked.
I haven't been here that long to really get involved but I would say they could have more activities, but they do well with what they have, but, as I said, there's a lot of people who aren't capable. The staff is wonderful and the care is good. I like this because it's small and I think sometimes things get too big and impersonal.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected