Brookdale Canton - Canton, OH

Excellent

I liked everything about this place. No garage, the 3rd shift will visit with her at 3:00am. The room for her is in the back, a long walk for her. 35-40 residents.

Not a good fit at all

I was not impressed with the tour of this community. It was a locked down community where you would need permission to come and go every time and it took them time to let us in when we showed up for our tour. I got more of institualional feeling here and knew this was not going to be a good fit for my parents.

Tour and options for care

We toured this community for care. We liked the excellent staff who are nice and caring. The community is clean and maintained. the environment was nice and the menu and activities looked appealing. We would recommend that others consider this community for the care of a loved one

Care and comfort

This has been a great community for the care of this community. The staff has been caring and attentive to them moving , They offer a lot of healthy meals. We are trying to get them more involved with the other residents. I like knowing that they are adjusting. We would recommend this community for the care of others

I selected Brookdale because of the friendly caring atmosphere. Everyone is so helpful. Thank you to the entire staff.

My parents are still adjusting

They offer some daily activities, however I think they could offer some more. Mom does not seem to like the food. They are taking good care of my parents. The community is very clean. I would recommend fully investigating any community before you chose one. I would also suggest asking about the cost increasing every year.

A good community!

The staff at Brookdale are encouraging, accommodating and good with communication. They offer daily activities, however mom does prefers to attend the music programs. The food is very good and they keep the community well maintained. We like the security doors. I would recommend this community.

Not the Place for Us, But Overall A Nice Place

I had a pleasant tour of this is community. They were very kind to my family and I. The community was well maintained. From what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff was friendly and kind. It was a good experience. It wasn't the place for us, but this is a nice community.

Staff friendly, helpful. Only 42 residents my aunt 87 y old so hopefully she will be able to talk with people everyday, will help with loneliness.

Best Assisted Living in Stark County

This Assisted Living is the perfect size, 42 apartments - we like that the care is tops, we think it is because there are a manageable number of people living there. All of the staff are very friendly. It seems like a comfortable home in all of the common areas. The food is all freshly made, no processed cheap garbage you will find in most other healthcare facilities. The residents seem very happy and are in a variety of ages, races and abilities. The community is always full and the we've interacted with the same staff for years now. Tops in our book!

poor care

I moved my loved one from here. I was informed that they could care for him through his end of life needs, we were quite unhappy with the care he was receiving.

They have done well in seeing that most of my mothers needs have been met and providing her with the care that she needs. I think they could improve on having more diverse activities for their residents.

We have been very happy with our Aunt's care at the Sterling House. It very reassuring to know that she is being well taken care of. My Aunt is very happy there. She enjoys all of the activities and especially likes the food.

very homelike

We have not been with Sterling House of Canton too long, but so far things are going very well. They are very efficient, and make the residents feel like they are at home. The staff there are all super friendly. They put a lot of time and care into what they are doing. All in all of all the places that I looked at, this one seemed to be the most homelike and with the most caring staff.

Perfect Place for Mom

I am very happy with all aspects of Sterling House of Canton. The facility enabled me to create a personal living space for my mom while giving her the daily services she requires - assistance with her needs, companionship, and activities. The staff is professional and accommodating while displaying true affection for the clients and families.

Small, hands on care. Seems to be a good fit for us.

Phenomenal Care

Very nice, clean and exceptional care. Staff is friendly and very willing to accommodate my parents needs. Executive Director goes above and beyond her duties. Parents health care needs were addressed and followed through.

Really nice place.

We looked at this place when we were touring, and we really liked it. They didn't offer the level of care we were looking for. We were going to need something that offered memory care. It was very clean, and because it was smaller it was a little more intimate. The people were happy and they all seemed to know each other. If they had offered the care we needed I definitely would have considered it. They were in a pretty good neighborhood, too.

Jill was very professional ...

Jill was very professional and helpful. General positive impression of the place and we really liked the feeling of a small, close community there. The residents all seems happy and well cared for. We selected another facility only because our mother is in advanced stages of Alzheimer's and needs a different type of care facility.

Very good visit and Robert ...

Very good visit and Robert chose to move there. Jill and Abby were wonderful.

Very nice SMALL place - abo...

Very nice SMALL place - about 20 beds. More like nursing home; average age is 85. Not a good fit for my dad right now.

this was alittle small but very homey.

this was alittle small but very homey.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected