Brookdale Leesburg - Leesburg, FL

We Found A Good Community

We found a community for my aunt and the are satisfactory. It worked out for my aunt and the family.

We had a loved friend at Brookdale Memory Care in Leesburg who passed away recently. We grew very fond of all the staff and because of their care and kindness, selected Brookdale Assisted Living next door for my Mother. She knew some of the staff from visiting our friend, and they made her feel right at home . We're very happy she's in such a caring home.

Good rehabilitation

Grandpa is doing well with his rehabilitation at this community. This community is close to family. The community is clean and they have long corridors. They are adequately staffed and offer good rehabilitation. They offer good looking well balanced meals. They have walkers and machines to help with getting him up and moving. They are doing a good job and we are hoping his rehabilitation will be completed soon.

A good visit

This is an older community and it did not seem as pleasant as some of the other communities we looked at. The people I met were nice and they seem to offer some nice activities and amenities.

Need more light!

I was able to take a tour of this community. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They answered all questions that we had. We saw the residents out and doing some of the activities. The only thing that I did not like was that the community was dark. I would like to see more natural light.

This Community Does Not Look Good

I was not impressed with this community. My tour of this community was not a good one. This community appearance needs improvements. I would say it looked dirty and nasty, not acceptable living for anyone. I would not have felt comfortable with placing my father here. The staff was kind and friendly, but this community needs updating.

I would recommend Brookdale Leesburg!!

I know we made the right choice in moving my mom into the memory care unit at Brookdale. The staff are good at checking on her and keeping me updated on her care. The community is very clean and well maintained. I have not yet had a chance to try the food. My mom participates as much as she can in the activities offered. I am thankful to A Place for Mom for referring me to this community.

The Staff is very friendly,

The Staff is very friendly, and very, very receptive. The activities that they provide, seem to be pretty well attended. They have an activities coordinator that is just out of this world and everyone of the staff are very good about dealing with the residents. The staff is very good about attending to her needs and very receptive of questions.

We put my mom @ Brookdale (Sterling House) in early March 2015. We met with Kristi who was a very caring, energetic person who showed us the rooms , grounds, food - it was actually a very nice place. My moms room is very large and the people at Brookdale are very caring and make sure she is getting her medicine, food and activities. I rest a little easier knowing she is there.

Best thing for both my parents

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They understood the need of my parents and advised me on the care options. I had visited other places but was pleased with Brookdale Leesburg as it is now called. The resident is always clean and nicely decorated open with an appealing atmosphere. My parents have been there for two months now and are happy. Thank you A Place For Mom for your help.

So far it's going pretty well.

She is enjoying it. The floor staff that help are good. There were some initial concerns with the administration end, those seem to be worked out now. The biggest concern is that they have a pull cord system on the wall for emergencies, it goes to a cell phone. On three different occasions nobody has responded, mostly on the overnight shift. They have an abundant amount of people on the day shift, but at night there are less people. I don't think they have an overnight operator, and so one person on the night shift carries the cell phone the cord goes to, so if the phone gets set down someone might miss the call. The aides and the nurses look out for her. It's clean, the food is good. So far it's going pretty well.

Going well so far!

So far everything seems to be going well for my loved one here! She toured quite a few, and this is the one she picked for herself. I don't get the chance to visit often myself, but she seems to be enjoying herself, and I am glad she is somewhere she is comfortable and safe!

thank you.

I was so happy to have my husband in Clare Bridge. He was so happy there and loved the staff. They loved him too and that made it much easier for me. The food was good and the help all wore halos. T hank you all of you at Clare Bridge.

Bad experience, numerous issues

They looked nice during the tour, and talked a good game, but the service after we moved my loved one in was terrible. Dad was never clean, and often smelled. His bathroom was often very dirty, and they wouldn't clean it until I asked them to specifically. We had an issue with a theft and we don't feel like they looked into it much, if at all.
At one point my loved one had an emergency and they refused to call an ambulance, and insisted that I come get him. When I got him to the hospital the hospital workers said an ambulance really should have been called immediately.

Unattended Residents

Too depressing. I didn't like there was just people sitting around in wheelchairs. You know that that is going to happen, but it's not what you want to see when you first walk in. No one was around and a bunch of people were just unattended.

I have toured this facility...

I have toured this facility in the past and it is not an option. Dark and too many elderly sitting in wheelchairs around the facility.

I WENT HERE AND IT WAS VERY NICE.

I WENT HERE AND IT WAS VERY NICE.

Sterling House provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Sterling House we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.