Spring Meadows Naperville - Naperville, IL

Staff strive to make sure my dad is safe

When my Father first chose this community it was only going to be temporary. The facility got him an apartment set up that was fully furnished. He got really used to the community and they staff is very good with him. After a little while, he decided to stay here. All of the staff members are nice and friendly. The facility itself is in the city and it looks nice and clean. What I really like is that it is easy for me to go in and see my Father or be able to take him out for dinner. The facility offers activities like exercise classes, bingo nights, card games, and they take the residents on trips to other places. The staff strives to make sure my dad is safe and that he eats, takes his medication, and that he gets out and about to socialize. I recommend this community

My mom is safe, clean, and happy

My mom is here currently and everything is going good, I don’t really have any complaints. They have her in memory care and she seems to be happy. They take care of her and her room is clean, she’s clean, and she’s settled in. She’s safe and she’s got a nice room. I went there to visit with her a couple of times and she seems to be content. The staff seems to be good at redirecting her when needed and communicating with me and they’re all very thoughtful. The facility provides a few activities and there are things like physical therapy twice a week; there’s also a person that helps with her ability to speak and to remember. They gave her a bracelet for her wrist so she isn’t able to leave and in order to get in and out of the area that she’s in, you have to let the staff know you’re there. They’ve been really helping with preventing any fall risks as well, so the rooms are safe, even if there’s less in them. Overall, the people there all seem to be so doggone happy. The people at the front desk are always super and the lady that does her hair is great. Even the administration team that works with medicine has been great. I would recommend them.

Community Was Nice

This community seemed nice lovely furnishing. There is a lovely piano in the common area. The staff was very friendly and informative on the tour. It was clean and well maintained.

I toured

I toured this community and it was nice. Just walking through it seemed to be clean and the staff seemed friendly enough looked professional. I really didn't spend much time here I walked through most and got some information but from what I saw it was nice. However, there was one thing that I wanted that they didn't offer and that was a unit that had a garage so since they didn't have anything with garages I took them out of consideration.

Thrilled with Staff & Care

We have been thrilled with the care our mom is receiving at Spring Meadows. From the onset they were very interested and thoughtful into her needs and making sure it would be a good fit.
After 6 months, we haven't been disappointed are very pleased with them meeting her needs as promised. It's a very well run, compassionate and safe setting. The staff is very friendly and highly competent in taking care of her. Our mom loves living there and we are very comfortable with how it's all going.

Wonderful Tour

I toured this community for my parents, and their needs. My tour went well, this is a nice community. From what I saw everything was very nice, and well maintained. The staff was very friendly too my family and I. It was a nice experience, but my parents didn't feel comfortable with the location.

Absolutely filthy, poor place

This place is terrible. They make it look nice on the first floor but that is where it stops. My grandfather is in the memory care unit and if it had been my choice there is no way he would be there. The residents are left alone quite a bit, they do not do things to stimulate them at all, they do the bare minimum if that and the place is filthy. They only supposedly clean the rooms once a week and especially with dimentia patients this is not enough. My grandpa's bathroom is always disgusting with feces and urine everywhere, floors are gross. For the money you pay this place it should be spotless daily. Absolutely unacceptable and it pains me that he is in there. The only good thing I can say is that most of the staff is friendly but they truely do the bare minimum and most you can tell are not very knowledgeable. But hey I guess at least they are nice. Do not put your family member here. I have worked in health care for over 20 years and this place disgusts me.

Glad we found Spring Meadow

My dad was a resident at Spring Meadows/Naperville for 7 months. It was Dad's first Assisted Living experience. Even though he suffers from mild to moderate dementia, dad was not initially a happy camper. He shared his disdain freely in the beginning. To the great credit of the staff, they showed wonderful patience and gave dad the kind of love and support that normally only come from immediate family.

My wife and I live out of state. Dad has few friends left and fewer immediate family members, we took our initial cue to trust my dad to Spring Meadow from a wonderful lady from a Place for Mom, (I highly recommend to anyone who needs information about the elderly to look into this site) who answered my prayer and the phone. (Prayer because I had no idea what I was doing when dad suddenly needed care and a new place to live)

She gave us leads to call a few places in the same area, but she was most positive on Spring Meadows. Spring Meadow was my first call and only call. After being on the phone for about 30 minutes, i made the decision to move dad sight unseen (other than the pictures on their Website, which are authentic and accurate) to Spring Meadow.

It is most difficult to have a love one living in an assisted living facility because you think that you have failed them by not having them live with you. It is even more difficult when the loved one is over a thousand miles away. I am not going to say that I was perfect or Spring Meadow was perfect, I wanted immediate communication with staff whenever i called to check on dad. I had to learn that it is a work place for staff and they had more than dad to care for. But we/i worked thru that and overall i was very impressed with the care that dad received.

I just move dad to be closer to me. Not because of anything that Spring Meadow's staff did wrong. His dementia is getting a bit worse and I needed to have him closer to me and my son and my two grandchildren.

No complaints!!

The housekeeping team has been wonderful at making sure that my loved ones bedroom and bathroom remains clean as well as making sure the trash is taken out. The staff also is always checking on my mother making sure her needs are being met and that she is comfortable in her new living environment.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide!!

Spring Meadows Naperville was a clean community. They had different meal plans available for the residents. The staff met along the tour were friendly. I felt that i took a good tour of the whole place. Activities and special features that they have available were discussed.

There are good days and bad days!!

The weekend staff is not as good as the weekday staff. There have been some minor issues with housekeeping. They improved for a short time and are now back to where they were. I have spoken to other families to help get information about working with the staff. They are now better at encouraging mom to participate in activities. The community is clean.

The perfect place!

This community is awesome and me and my loved one really loves it. The community offers a pleasant surrounding. My loved one feels really comfortable here. They offer plenty of activities for my loved one to participate in. I just love the staff.

A good place for a respite stay!!

The staff were friendly and willing to help. Mom says the food is a 5. She enjoyed her stay there. The community is clean and well maintained. They offer daily activities. I would recommend this community.

Very Nice Staff!!

The staff that i met along my tour were all attentive. The community was very clean. I got to see the bedrooms and other rooms they had available. I really liked that they were not pressuring us at any moment. The Community had different meal plans available as well as activities. It was quite a big place and the layout unfortunately didn't meet our needs.

SpringMeadows assisted living

My mother resided her last six months of life here. The facility was excellent and the staff went the extra mile to make her last days comfortable. They really cared about her as a person and kept close contact with the family. I would recommend this facility to my friends and family and anyone looking for a loving place for your loved ones.

Spring Meadows is a lovely place and I had a very nice first visit with Dora! It seems like a good fit for my parents and I am sure this is a place they would be interested in visiting.

Confident With The Care

I'am very happy with this community and everything they have done for us. The community looks great, but I do think they could dust and vacuum the general areas more. The staff is wonderful, mom gets along with the staff. They are always there if she needs some help. They offer good activities during the day. The food is excellent, my mother use to be a cook, so for her to love the food is a big plus. I know she is in good hands. So I would recommend.

Too early to tell, but seems to be good fit

It is hard to judge a service/facility like this without having more time to assess how much the resident is benefiting.
My score may change, hopefully higher once the resident has had time to acclimate.

So far, so good

Mom has been there for just under a month. She said everyone is very friendly and helpful. It is easy to sign up for trips to the store. The on-site Doctor (once a week) is very convenient. Her only "complaint" is where her seat is at dinner. ;-)

I'm glad we found this place for her.

Excellent Value for Cost

We chose Spring Meadows because it seemed to be the best value for the cost to care for my loved one. Within the first day of him living there, we received extremely valuable feedback from the Director of Nursing regarding side effects of a medication he was taking that could be tied to health challenges he had been experiencing since taking it. We are hopeful that a medication adjustment will help him restore his health. We are so thankful for the insight the Director of Nursing gave us. The staff is patient, and caring, and welcomes family involvement. And, the other residents have been friendly and welcoming as well. The facility is clean, and has a brightness to it. It is lively, with various activities going on that the residents appear to enjoy. In short, it feels like home! We are thankful for the care Spring Meadows is providing our loved one.

Review of Spring Meadows Naperville - Naperville, IL

We liked most everything about Sping Meadows. The only hesitation for our family was proximity to all members of the family.

need to improve the quality of the food

The facility could improve in the quality of the food. The food needs major improvement. Everything else is okay there.

Many Frustrations, but this could be the nature of the beast, from what I hear from others with parents in the system.

During admission, we were not given any real orientation to all services; and the most helpful person was the Director of Repair Services. The repairs and carpet cleaning were not done by move in day, so we were forced to have a one day delay in moving in. There was difficulty in contacting anyone with real authority; although the front desk was always manned and answered questions, they had no authority except to contact someone above them. Also, I could not get ahold of someone in charge, or get a hierarchy of control so I could actually complain and get to someone who could do something about my frustrations. There was significant delay in getting a Care Plan in effect, and there were actual missed meds a few times. My mom has been there about four months now, and things are better, but mainly due to my continued complaining/advocacy and unrelenting pestering. There have been many turnovers in department heads, also, and this was never communicated to the residents/families, except by accidental noticing of notes on the front desk. I am hopeful the new Director of Nursing and Home Care onsite will make meaningful differences and communicate better.

good experience

Spring Meadows Naperville has been a good experience. They have been great. I've had not any problems with them. I am very happy with the experience at this facility.

Being more responsive

Short staffed, don't know unless you go in there. They could improve on being more responsive. They do not reply back in a reasonable time.

Very nice place

Our experience with Spring Meadows has been a very good one. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and caring. Once we got in touch with them they were a big help throughout the whole process!

Peace of mind

From the moment we walked in, we were impressed with the cleanliness and welcoming staff and residents. Spring Meadows is bright, open, and upbeat. My folks, who are 90 & 91, are enjoying every aspect of this new adventure. We are so grateful to everyone who have made this transition such a wonderful experience!

Residents seem happy. Very friendly and gives you a comforting, warm feeling.

My parents have been living here for the past 18 months. Staff very friendly and helpful but need to hire more staff to assist the community.
The biggest problem I have is the fact they have two separate dining rooms. I feel the assisted living community is treated as second class citizens and are not good enough to eat in the main dining room. Also, need to serve more fresh fruit and vegetables as much of the clientele has diabetes.

Everything is fabulous!

Everything is fabulous! The people are nice and it's clean. The food is fantastic. They have plenty of activities, it's really a nice place. There were a few bumps in the beginning and they took care of it right away, as soon as I mentioned it. We really are very happy with it. As soon as my father walked in he knew right away this was the place.

very good experience

One area where they could improve would be to have more and better variety of activities. They seem a little light on the activities there.

The staff though has really been incredibly friendly. The food also is very good. Overall it has been a very good experience with Spring Meadows Naperville.

Clean but there were issues.

It's been a little while now since we were here. It was clean and the daily staff was very friendly. They didn't seem to want to let my loved one out of their room, mostly because they were afraid there would be a disturbance. There were a lot of additional charges, it's really important to read the booklet that they give you, or you might not be aware of the extra charges. They only give you 24 hours to clear the room, when your loved one dies.

This was one of our top two.

This was one of our top two. We really liked this community when we toured. We liked that the atmosphere was different here, it was more cheery than the others. We felt that they had the activity pace that she would enjoy, as well as the freedom they had here. There was some debate in our family if this was going to provide the right level of care that we needed and ultimately we did not choose this place. It was however very high on our list and worth mentioning.

After a diligent search for the right...

After a diligent search for the right place for Mom, Spring Meadows met all of her needs. It is a lovely location.

They are good until you are no longer entirely independent.

This is an independent community, and as soon as there is an issue and you are no longer entirely independent, you may have to find something very quickly. They were not good about working with us once we had an issue. It was fine while we were here, the clientele is a little on the older side, and there are a lot of ladies, not as many men.

Assisted Living Lacking Compared to Independent Living

The Independent Living provided at this facility seems far superior to the care that is provided for the Assisted Living option. The staff and managment are friendly and seem to be caring of their residents, but there is just too little staff and they do not seem to meet the committed Assisted Living needs of their existing community members.

Friendly atmosphere, spacio...

Friendly atmosphere, spacious room, inviting to visitors

Maybe too close

It's right, almost across the street from where I live and I've heard good and bad thigns about it, but there's nothing remarkable about it. When we went to look at it we were looking at independent livings and she was just declining so rapidily with her dementia. But to be honest, because it was so close and my mom would call me even for the littlest thing I really didn't want to go there.

Very nice and resonable

Very nice and resonable

Mom is Getting the Care She Needs

Things are going alright. My parents have been there all of July and August. My mom is getting the care she needs. She doesn't like being there, but anyway, she's getting the care that she needs. My father, we're trying to get him involved in more of some of the things they have going on over there. He's getting used to the idea that he's not living with my mom anymore. Other than that, they're just trying to get acclimated. The people there are very nice.

Nice facility, with good sized apartm...

Nice facility, with good sized apartments, a nice dinning room, etc. But it's location is by a busy intersection, behind a McDonald's. Manager was very friendly, knowledgeable and gave me her full attention. The facility would be able to handle my mom's needs as they changed. I recognize that the location was a factor for the higher rental price.

Experience the bounty of a community in bloom at Spring Meadows Naperville. Featuring Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care services, our community flourishes at the individual level, with our professional staff and friendly residents working in tandem to create a warm and welcoming environment. Residents take part in social groups and clubs, including exercise programs, ice cream socials, volunteer opportunities and weekly excursions to local attractions. Residents take advantage of spacious bathrooms with walk-in showers, washers and dryers and full kitchens in every apartment home. Elegant 9-foot ceilings, emergency response systems and smoke alarms can also be found in our apartments. Become a part of our premier Independent Living community in Naperville, IL, and discover exceptional care just minutes from local shops, restaurants, pharmacies and hospitals.