Brookdale Germantown - Germantown, TN

I enjoyed my tour and found the staffers to be pleasant and engaging. My mother has a number of health issues and the nurse joined our meeting and added well to the discussion. I was comfortable with this facility, but pricing limited my ability to move forward.

looking for respite care

I really liked the fact that this was a smaller community with only 30 to 50 residents and the staff did an excellent job with our tour, they took their time showing us around and answering our questions. Unfortunately, my brother did not meet their criteria as he was not mobile enough for the type of care they offered. I would highly suggest taking one of their tours here as it is a very nice place.

A bit out dated

We had a really nice tour here, the staff were friendly and did a great job showing us around they took their time and they answered all our questions. The community was nice but we felt that it was a bit outdated and rundown for what we wanted for our mother.

Location Very Convient

This community is very convenient right next to a hospital and near to the family. Since coming here my mom is doing fine she has made some friends and has joined some activities and some social events. The staff whether it be the servers in the dining area or housekeeping are very friendly and nice. The community is kept very clean. The food is good they offer a good selection.

I did not get a good vibe here

The grounds with all the fountains and garden areas were nice and the staff did a nice job with our tour, they were able to answer my questions but I was just not very impressed and there weren't a lot of the residents out moving around most were in their apartments, it was very quiet and the rooms were not carpeted. I just did not get a good vibe there.

Father Doing Great

My father is doing great with his move to this community. I'am satisfied with his move here. He is safe, and in good hands. They have a nice staff, and they have been good to work with. Everything is working out well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

A good experience!

We are very pleased with Brookdale Germantown. We use them for respite and it has been a good experience. I don't think we could have found this place without A Place For Mom, we will continue to use them.

Having some growing pains!

There has been a high turnover of staff since mom moved into this community. They have hired a new chef and the food has declined since then. Mom is not eating as well due to this. She is not as active as she was previously. The social worker and nurse are sweet and helpful. They do take good care of mom. I am hoping things will improve with the changes they have made. The community seems to be clean.

A little more space!

I was able to take a tour here and thought that the staff was great. They were really good about letting me and my loved one know what they offer. The only thing that we did not like was that there closets were really small. They are an older community though. The dining area was nice.

My mom was there for over a year. She was sent to the hospital for 3 weeks. During that time housekeeping failed to empty trash, clean OR do her laundry. Due to her status she needed to have a higher level of care. The staff was very rude, very uncompassionate and refused to help us find a dolly to use to move her things out. The smell is terrible that should not be acceptable.
Unfortunately they are undergoing a major staff overhaul. They seem to be very focused on "corporate" guidelines and not having a heart for the aging and issues at hand.
I cannot recommend this facility at all!

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share you thoughts with us. We are aware you have also spoken to our District Director of Operations previously. We have shared your feedback with her and she has assured us she is continuously monitoring the housekeeping improvements.

Just Okay

The experience has been an adjustment for everyone and my loved one is still in the transition process. There was an issue and she suffered physical injury, but they did seem concerned and took care of it. I think they are doing as well as they can do. As of right now, I am okay with the facility.

They were awesome, they were really nice.

We were only here a short time before our loved one passed away. We were very happy with Brookdale. They were awesome, they were really nice. Very sweet and kind, especially on the day he passed away. The move in process was fairly simple and smooth. They really did a good job.

Would not let my love one live there now

When my loved one first moved into Southerland, she and I both really liked and were excited about her being there! However as time went on , I felt the level of care there went down. Also when I went to move her several things could not be found, one a wheelchair we had bought her with her name labeled on the chair and her initials on the medal bar. We were given an inferior chair that the maintenance man at the new facility had to open for us ! How sad that such a nice place did not add up to our expectations and my loved one was glad to move from!

Amazing Place

The staff are amazing the care about the patients and go above and beyond to make sure their all taking care of. The facility is quit and great. I didn't really get into the activities so not to sure about that,

Very friendly and accommodating staff!

They've done a fantastic job so far at Southerland Place. My loved one was very reluctant to move, since she had heard bad stories about "assisted living", but the staff were so patient and caring, they really bent over backwards to help her settle in and feel comfortable. It's a very nice looking, clean place, and they have a lot to offer their residents!

safe and quiet

It’s small and intimate. They respond very quickly. She says she likes the food. It’s in a nice neighborhood, very safe and quiet.

It was very, very nice.

It was very, very nice. They were very friendly. The meals were very good, I would give the food a four. I can't think of any thing that needs to be improved or done better. We were very pleased.

Exceptionally impressive staff

We toured this location when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was particularly impressed by the professionalism of the staff at this community. We were running a bit late for our tour and called them to tell them we needed to stop for dinner first. They told us they'd be happy to serve us a meal, and while we were eating we had the chance to meet several of the directors of the facility who stopped by to say hello. The meal itself was delicious, as well!
The room options here were a bit limited, only studio apartments, and the fact that the building was more than one floor would have been a problem for my loved one.

Southerland place was the perfect fit for us

I moved my aunt here from a much larger facility which felt too much like a hospital to her. Southerland place totally fit the bill. From the first day her attitude changed completely. She started to become more independent and was happy to get up every morning. The residents had been told of her arrival, and many stopped by to talk to us on the first day. The staff has a "we will make it happen" attitude which Has taken a lot of pressure off of me. This was one of the few places to consider my aunt because of her limited mobility yet here she can have her own apartment again. I couldn't be happier with her new home.

first home visited. Not as...

first home visited. Not as impressed on first impression but after visiting others price/care/services will probably go there. Second choice due to money. Still wavering on the menu. Allows pet to visit and smoking outdoors.

Visited on Saturday, 4/6. Loved it. W...

Visited on Saturday, 4/6. Loved it. Warm, welcoming, clean, with cheerful staff. The fact that it faces Poplar Avenue was a non-issue. Very peaceful outdoor seating areas (front porch and back patio). Studio apt w/ vaulted ceiling makes room feel larger. Residents seemed happy and alert. Common areas were cozy and clean. Wish they had memory care.

Smaller community. Nice large rooms ...

Smaller community. Nice large rooms - big enough to set up a separate seating area. Met a couple of residents who seem to enjoy the facility.

It's really nice and my family really...

It's really nice and my family really liked the entire set-up.

The owner was Great! Have available r...

The owner was Great! Have available realty dept. for help with house. Will help with Vets.Six hundred asst living places in US.

Southerland Place provides our residents with enriching lifestyles, housing, care and services within comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Southerland Place we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Southerland Place introduces Innovative Senior Care (ISC). ISC is a proactive wellness and therapy system that helps residents retain or enhance their independence. The system is designed specifically to address certain physical conditions before they can become problematic. By increasing resident's strength now, the impact of future complications can be lessened or avoided entirely.
The Care3 Wellness Program is also a new and better way of delivering the essential services that can make life more livable. Before ISC, receiving therapy treatment typically required the resident to leave his or her apartment, travel to a healthcare professional's office, sit in the waiting room and make a return trip home after the appointment. ISC services can often be delivered on-site, just steps from the resident's door.
Imagine the ease and convenience for you or your loved one. No longer is there a need to arrange for transportation, no need to battle the elements, no need to allocate hours for a procedure that might require just a few minutes.
Innovative Senior Care and the Care3 Wellness Program:
ISC enhances residents' lives through three core components:
• Educational Care