River Run Place - Eugene, OR has yet not published prices.

Very nice facility. [name removed] was great and spent a lot of time answering our questions. However they only had studio apts. open at that time. My parents would require a one bedroom facility. However as they are still looking at options, we'll keep them under consideration if something changes.

Small community and staff is nice

I have been very pleased with this facility thus far. The community is smaller and because of that, they don’t have very many social activities. However, my sister-in-law is quite happy here. She has mentioned to me that the staff members, as well as the administrators, are very nice. They are actually approachable and they leave their doors open so the residents can poke their heads in. For the care she is receiving I think that it is a great value. The food is perfectly acceptable and good. The cooks have gotten to know her and what she likes to eat. I also like that if there are any problems, the managers work with you to find a solution. My sister-in-law’s things have not come up missing. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Small facility

I am satisfied with the care that my husband is receiving from here. The staff is nice and they’re accommodating. My husband has to be fed through liquid so it’s nice that they can do that. He doesn’t have any complaints with the food at all. The cleanliness is also good. I never see any debris or trash being overflowed in the bins. It also doesn’t have a bad smell like other facilities have. Activities are offered too, my husband participated in an exercise program one day. I would recommend the place to others. It is not a huge facility with many tenants so it’s not overwhelming to adjust. My husband seems to be enjoying his time there and his needs are being met. The other residents who are there are friendly as well, my husband likes to have lunch time conversations with them during the day.

Excellent

We moved my mother-in-law into River Run Place a few months ago, and it has been a great experience so far. My mother really likes it here. She is able to feel independent, even when she isn’t as independent as she used to be. The staff is very good here, which is a main reason why she chose this community. When we were first touring, the Admissions director just took her by the hand, called her by name, and just smoozed her and made her feel really comfortable there. The staff as a whole speaks to everyone, encourages everyone, and really makes everyone feel like they’re among friends. I don’t feel that they really do much by way of activities or going places, because the activity committee is run by a group of residents at the community and word of mouth is really the only way an activity gets added to the list. My mother really likes this though. She has gotten involved in things she usually wouldn’t do in part because she’s able to interact with people in her same age group. They also have a free library here and the food is good, always nutritious and complete. Overall, I would recommend River Run place to others because it has been so positive for my mother and such a relief for the rest of the family.

My sister and I were so relieved when we arrived for our tour. Finding a place on an urgent basis for our 97 year old father was stressful but think this will be great for him. The only con is the studio rooms are on the small side but workable. [Removed] was great. So thankful we found it.

A great choice for my mom!

After touring several facilities and not finding one that I felt would be a good choice for my mom, I toured River Run Place and as soon as I met [Removed] I knew this would be a good fit for her. She, a brother and I toured the following day. My brother agreed with my opinion of the facility, especially the friendliness and caring shown by the staff we met. I am very pleased this facility was on my list to tour and there was an apartment available with my short time frame.

We spent most of our time talking about strategies for bringing up the "conversation" about leaving one's home to move into assisted living. Alisha was personable, relaxed and attentive to what I perceive to be my in-laws' primary needs and their resistance to change. The facility itself is small: only about 40-odd units consisting of studios, one bedroom apartments, and a very few units where two adjacent studios have been connected to make one larger unit for couples who need more space. I only got to see a one bedroom apt. It was quite small but I imagine would be adequate for one person or an extremely cozy couple. Overall RiverRun's common areas and hallways are clean, spacious and well-lit. No funky odors. I didn't see very many residents about, but being mid-afternoon perhaps many folks were in their apts resting. The employees I met appeared friendly, smiling and busy. This is the first visit AL place I have visited so far so I have nothing to compare. Also Alisha recommended visiting several places and narrowing it down before getting into the nuts and bolts of the specifics. Perhaps another visit during the morning or a mealtime will provide more insight into the residents' experiences. I appreciated Alisha's advice and the materials she provided. She's awesome!

Think twice

Poor care, staff is over worked. Building smells terribly of bodily fluids. Pushy in sales and give you big discounts but it's not worth it. I would be afraid to let my mom move there.

I am so impressed

Management team is just incredible. They are the most kind and helpful team of people that I've had the pleasure of receiving help from! I was very hesitant to start looking for a place for my mother, but this team made me feel that they truly had our family's best interest at heart. The marketing person I spoke to told me that she "wants to make sure river run place was the best fit for mom"... They were there to help me determine moms wants and needs and ultimately we made our decision the same day to bring mom to River run.

The building is clean & they have linens on the tables... Which is a beautiful touch.

I love that the building is smaller than most I've seen. Mom feels like she has more consistent care and knows everyone who works there... Which is so nice to know my mom actually loves where she lives.

I could honestly go on forever. This place is a gem and I am so excited for more people to find this gem and bring even more wonderful people to this lovely assisted living.

4 stars

Administrative level is really willing to work with you financially.

Would highly recommend!

The staff is friendly and really care about their residents! Management is always looking out for what is best for those who live here. The building is always clean and since it's a nice small building I always feel secure knowing that my loved ones needs are always met and that they are never alone.

Doing well here!

So far my experience with Sawyer House has been a good one! It's a clean, friendly place, and my loved one seems to be enjoying himself here. I'm pleased with the place overall, and I would recommend it as being worth a look if you're looking in the area!

She was only at this community for two days because she fell there.

She was only at this community for two days because she fell there. They have a no refund policy. She was only there for two nights. Basically I think Sawyer House is good, but I really feel like they high pressured me in to placing me. If it’s for respite or permanent living - it’s very clean, but it’s for people who are more independent.

Best Bet

We decided that Sawyer House would be our best bet should we have to move mom into assisted living, although nothing was that special. We liked the people there better.