Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Downward Slide in Care, Upward glide for fees

Have to agree with another commenter. This used to be better when my parent first came here before Revera took over. Now they are constantly understaffed, do not properly clean (also likely due to understaffing) and although there are genuinely caring and qualified people working here, the management and higher-ups are not. We have had difficulties with the management doing everything in their power to increase the fees, without any actual increase in services. In particular, the Head of Care is far more interested in upping fees than providing care. Frustrating to see them taking advantage of people who are elderly and weak. If i could move my parent tomorrow I would.

Happy Place

My mother and father-in-law were here for over 2 years and they nursing care, receptionist are very warm and friendly. If you have any questions just ask one of the staff and they would be please to help you. Since my in-laws death I have enjoyed being a volunteer and making people smile.

Friendly staff and a nice room, my mother seems to be enjoying her stay. She likes the meals ( only "complaint" is they keep giving her too much good food). Bingo on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings is her favourite activity.

Nice place, friendly helpful staff

I really like this place for my mother so far. They've been very attentive to her needs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My mother likes the food and there are different options at each meal. Her suite is clean and comfortable and seems fairly new although the whole building is older than it appears. Its upscale but comfortable and has a lot of activities for them to participate in. My mother is usually excited to tell me about her day, singing by the piano, going out on excursions, laughing with other residents. All I can say is so far so good.

They do not staff adequately, rooms are not cleaned regularly, parent made to sit on feces covered toilet numerous times, and then staff resisted cleaning it when brought to their attention, Emergency call bells not responded to because of continuous short-staffing, parent repeatedly denied toileting request, "qualified" nurses unable to change a hearing aid battery, parent left behind in room for signed up activities, dignity not consistently respected - insensitive to vulnerable parent's feelings, clothes and personal items disappear mysteriously, resident has no means of communication due to inoperable or disconnected call bell/phone lines. Profit margin excellent for shareholders, neglectful care for loved ones on the backs of front line employees, upper management slow to respond to concerns, if at all. Carefully worded advertising offers services as included that are either non-existent or they are unable to fulfill or not available unless gov't screened or privately hired at own cost. Lobby chairs removed to prevent residents from gathering because of the way it looks to prospective clients even though residents used this as a social interaction with other families. We must now look into a difficult move to another temporary facility, can't fathom leaving my parent here. Am left wondering about the Senior Advisor BEST award for 2016.

No on your life

I've had experience with Robertson House before and after Revera took over. Currently my "with it" mother has had nothing but problem for the start. No orientation upon arrival, so no info on where to go, what to do for anything. Food is shipped in a 5 in the morning and sits in warmers all day as it's being dispensed. There is no to little nutritional value in the meals ( a hot dog and 8 potato chips for lunch on Saturdays...really?). Portions are small and by the 6pm feeding are cold and hard. Nothing cooked on site. Housekeeping is a joke, If you have two garbage cans they pick up one. One vacuuming a month for floors, no wipe down of bathroom. Laundry services are ok. If a resident collapses it's the residents who try and help. The nursing staff will fan you with a paper and say you're ok.

Staff is friendly most of the time, but has no motivation. Management talks a good talk, but does nothing in action. Staff thinks most residents are senile and talk down to them a lot. People come to these places because they need a degree of help. You won't get it here. We will be moving out as soon as possible. We aren't the first to leave because of the aforementioned conditions (and more) and we are aware of several others looking to move too.

Staff very friendly and willing to help you.
Not a great intake procedure. Had to ask to be shown which room and where it was.... had to ask for everything, towels, shower curtain (which still isn't there).
Have to repeatedly ask for her toilet to be cleaned, outside the bowl with feces on it and very visible as you walk through the door.
More expensive than our first choice, but has a secure front door, so we needed that to start with.
Not sure how care services are, not getting good reports of what she is getting from Mother, so not positive what is happening. Just got an invoice, paying for care services for not this month but the next. Guess you get one month free and pay ahead for them. If you leave, you have to pay for 30 days as it is a lease, wonder if you will get this refunded??
Had to go to secure floor to start with so she is not taking part in activities as she is afraid of other residents. Hopefully this will change if she gets moved off this floor.
We had to make a quick move as she was being discharged from hospital, don't know if we would have gone here if we'd had more time to research.
A Place For Mom: only let you see certain places, be sure to research with other companies to see all in your desired area. And they seem to hound you, calls all the time and an automated email system. Unsubscribe from them if you know what you are doing, but some could be helpful if you're a newbie to the system.

My parent's needs changed so they could no longer live in their previous retirement home. I found A Place For Mom on the internet and 30 seconds after entering my contact information I received a call. They were very helpful and set up tours in a couple of homes who could provide the care my parents' required. Robertson House was able to accommodate both my parents and we have been very pleased with the care they have received from the staff.

A nice home, well cared for by personnel. My mothers health stabilized and improved after moving in.
On the negative side they are very slow to wheelchair people back to their rooms after meals.

They seem to be doing a good job so far.

They seem to be doing a good job so far. There haven't been any major complaints, so far. The food isn't the best you ever had, but it's edible. We chose them based on what was available in a crisis situation, and it's actually worked out well.

Revera – Robertson House is located in Bells Corners (Ottawa West), close to shopping and all community amenities.

With a commitment to provide peace of mind, Robertson House offers a range of retirement living options with a full continuum of care to residents that include independent living accommodations, assisted living and a dedicated, secure memory care wing for residents requiring Alzheimer’s and Dementia care.

Friendly staff, along with appealing accommodations like the bistro, hobby room and theater, creates a warm environment to keep you living in freedom and comfort.

Robertson House is part of the Revera family, one of North America’s leading and most trusted providers of seniors’ accommodation, care and services since 1961.