Riverview Adult Foster Home - Tangent, OR

Caring place

Friendly, family oriented,compassionate and caring.

Great place!

Riverview Adult Foster Home is a very good facility; we are very happy with our choice. They have some very caring people staffed, and it's been a very good home for my mother.

Kind, helpful, do great job. Quiet, out of the way location

My sister is staying there.

I like the quietness of the place. It is a little out of the way, quiet, and easy to get to, and a nice place.

She can't walk, or get around, so they have to help her with all of her daily activities, and sometimes. They are doing a great job.

They are very helpful to me, and encourage me to come at any time. Leah goes out of her way to make special food for my sister when she isn't feeling well or doesn't want to eat.

Riverview Adult Foster Home is the best

It has been such a relief to have my Mom living at Riverview. Paul and Leah are the finest of caregivers--experienced, skilled, and most of all caring. Since they are both RNs, my Mom receives the best of care for her health problems.

If my Mom does not want to get out of bed, they will move her bed out to the main area so she can socialize. This is has been extremely beneficial to her health.

I am grateful to Riverview and to A Place for Mom for getting me in touch with Riverview.

Paul and Leah graduated Nursing school together. Leah has practiced nursing since and Paul went on to get a degree in Health Science.

They have worked an many health care settings and learned best practices from each. Five of their children are grown and gone and their three youngest daughters still live with them at their Adult Foster Home. Moriah and Miranda are 13 and Gabbriella is 11.

Paul purchased the Tangent Mennonite church building and converted it to a nine bedroom, 4,300 square foot, one level home. Most of the resident's rooms have five foot wide double doors and soundproofing in all the interior walls. Rooms are comfortable and quiet.

Located in the small town of Tangent, the home is across the street from the Tangent Elementary School. The Carnes' offer high acuity care and can care for the most challenging residents.

Leah and Paul have cared for residents with TBI, feeding tubes, urethral catheters, tracheostomies, and wounds. Their goal is to continuously work to improve the quality of care for each individual and the overall environment of their home. Their typical resident has dementia or recovering from a stroke or other brain injury.

We welcome visits to our home.