Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Take Parent's complaints with a grain of salt!

Mom has been in Riverbend for almost 2 years now after a stroke. It was a hard transition for someone who was a homeowner and not used to living with "other people" for a long time. I find her complaints are not very valid, as the food, the staff, the nurses and the ON SITE Dr. are all excellent. I would caution to take any complaints with a grain of salt, as when I looked into my Mom's issues, they just are unfounded and often complaining is part of how residents "bond" or it even a form of entertainment for them! I have found that her level of care, the on staff nurses who give her meds, the number of food choices she has (although she complains, it's often post stroke issues) and the opportunity for companionship and activities such as outings make up for any very very minor issues she puts forward!

Location not Good For Us, But Tour Went Well

The only issue we had with this community was the location. It was not a convenient location for us. However our tour of this community with well overall. The community looked nice, and the staff was kind. The experience went well overall.

Extremely expensive. They have very advanced health care within the building and access to medical care that comes in, if before an ambulance is needed.

So glad we found a place for my sister in law Karen claxton that she is very happy with shes texting me all the time telling me how much she enjoys it in riverbend . the little outings going shopping etc. thank you ....

Riverbend - Great place

Jolynn was great, she helped up through the whole process. She made it a perfect experience for my dad. The people there are very friendly and the folks that live there all seem very happy with their home.

Review of Riverbend - Edmonton, AB

It was a lengthy process but the facility and the people are great. We are looking forward to getting him moved in so he can start enjoying life again.

Review of Riverbend - Edmonton, AB

Very lovely place. Jolyn answered all our questions and was very professional and honest. Very clean nice rooms and a positive experience for sure. My parents would definitely like it there. Thank you Jolyn for your time.

Perfect for my parents

The secure memory care unit is very good. It is large enough that socialization is easy for the residents, something that is important when they can't leave. There are multiple activities every day to get people involved. My parents have never had any complaints about the quality of food, and housekeeping is great at keeping the suites and common areas clean and tidy. The fact that all necessary services (housekeeping, laundry, utilities, etc.) are included makes it more comfortable for them and reduces the worry that family members might have. The prices aren't cheap, but if residents can afford it, the quality and care offered make the cost more than worth it - especially for individuals who are used to having a higher standard of living.

The food was excellent, and it was well kept and clean.

The food was excellent, and it was well kept and clean. The staff were friendly and attentive. They were right around the same price as the other similar private communities. It worked out really well for us in the beginning, until the condition progressed to a certain point.

Friendly, communicative staff

We couldn't be happier with how things are going at Riverbend, I really can't say enough good things about them! The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff have been nothing but friendly and helpful. This is our first experience with these sorts of things, and everyone here has been very approachable and informative. The staff here is obviously concerned about the health and well being of the people they look after, it is more than just a job to them. They treat Mom with dignity, and she really seems happy and content here!

Excellent place. At this time the environment,the setting and the variety of living options make it an attractive option. Given that a physically healthy Alzheimer's patient could live well into their late 90's cost may be a deterrent. I will put it on my list to visit a second time and to explore it using my check list and to complete your checklist.

Riverbend gave us a nice tour and showed us a couple of rooms and some of the common areas. They have nursing on call 24/7 which is a great benefit.

At Revera – Riverbend in Edmonton, Alberta you’ll find the range of services, amenities and choices that fit your lifstyle – all in a warm and safe environment. The multiple levels of service in one location offer residents peace of mind and also enable couples who might have differing requirements to reside in the same community

In supporting residents to age in place, Riverbend offers expert 24-hour staff and outstanding choices of services, daily activities, entertainment, scheduled excursions and dining. Everything here is designed to support who you are and how you want to live, so you are free to do the things you enjoy most.

Riverbend is part of the Revera family, one of North America’s leading and most trusted providers of seniors’ accommodation, care and services since 1961.