Retirement Village of North Strabane - Canonsburg, PA

A Lovely Place

So far, our experience with North Strabane has been excellent. Everything is going really well. [Removed] really worked with us, made sure she explained everything to us really well, and made the whole transition very smooth for my loved one. All in all, I think this is a lovely place, and they treat my loved one really well.

Substandard Care

Consulate health care is operating on a provisional licence. This means that the state has found serious uncorrected violations and care is substandard. The states banned admissions in October of 2015.
Physicians, social workers, hospitals and discharge planners should not be referring people to facilities when they are known to provide substandard care.
There are currently 10 homes on provisional licenses in Allegheny County. No matter how difficult the placement, find someplace else.

Seemed nice overall

My loved one was here for a brief respite stay, and overall I thought they seemed like a nice place. The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the staff all seemed very friendly. However my relatives who visited during her stay said they weren't quite as diligent as they claimed to be in terms of how quickly they responded to care requests, such as bathroom help.