Storey Oaks Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City, OK

Good care and comfort

I am happy with the care from this community. The staff is caring attentive. The menu needs some improvements. The community is clean and maintained. They offer activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for the good care and value

Work in Progress

There has been some growing pains with my mothers move to this community. I do feel she is safe, but there is room for improvements in the staff, and administration. Other that those issues they do a good with the cleanliness. They do provide nice meals, and good activities for the residents. It is still a work in progress for us in this community.

Not the way to do Business

I recently attempted to move my loved one into this facility. During the initial tour of the facility several promises were made concerning special equipment, to be specific availability of this equipment. (One day) Upon move-in and paperwork completion I was told these promises would not happen by a very rude nurse that obviously hates her job. After meeting with upper management about promises I was told sometimes things change. I would hope someone in their business would know better than to make promises that may not happen. I also expressed the need for someone professional to speak with concerning my loved one. Within two days of being at this facility it was obvious management could not communicate with each other or family members in a professional manor. Not a place I want to do business with or to have a family member in their care. On the third day I moved my family member to another facility. The personnel working with patients on the floor seemed caring but the people managing this place need to go away. Very unprofessional...

A bit too big...

This is a fairly nice facility. It is very clean and smells incredible! The staff also seemed very friendly and willing to answer our questions. However, one concern we did have was the fact that the facility seemed too big for my loved one to receive the appropriate attention, but other than this, it was very nice!

Recommends Storey Oaks

I am impressed with Storey Oaks and would recommend it others. Very friendly staff that appears to care and provides good service.

So far so good..! My aunt has only been there 3 days. But, from what I have experienced in those 3 days, her personal care is much, much better than her previous facility.

Best Facility in Okc

We moved my dad there in January 2017 from another facility. Storey Oaks is a "God-send". They are by far the BEST staff of any other homes!! They take such good care of my dad. You can tell the staff have all been trained. They all "touch". Just a touch on the shoulder to show you care goes a long way. They are all so respectful (calling my dad [Removed]). They show each patient so much respect (as if they were still in the "working world") The food is great & they get snacks everyday. I have eaten with my dad & it was very good. They are very patient with the residents and I have never seen any disrespect or roughness. The chef comes out of the kitchen and visits with them and knows the residents he is cooking for. The activities director always has them doing crafts, games, reading the paper, lots of fun things. She encourages them to participate in activities. The receptionist is awesome; always greets us with a smile and happy decanter. The administrator is the best I've seen. He gets out of his office and knows his residents and families. The community relations director is the most caring person. She is interested in the needs of the families as well as the residents. The entire staff ( from laundry, kitchen, nursing, cleaning, activities, to executive are there to make a good life for the residents. And it shows!!)The entire staff is the best thing about Storey Oaks. They are as respectful to us (the family) as they are to my dad. They have asked us what dad's interest are and want to get to know him and our family. Storey Oaks is very clean and has a wonderful lemony smell. I have NEVER smelled urine!! We have never lost anything, as they do all their laundry separately. Laundry is done often. Dad has great personal care EVERYDAY!! He is shaved, teeth brushed, hair combed, dressed every morning. I can't say enough about the staff. They care!! And it shows!! Best home in Okc!!

Review and Thank You 2/2017

February 2017

My sincere gratitude to all who work at Storey Oaks for their commitment to patients and their families. My father was admitted to Storey Oaks diagnosed with middle to late stage dimentia. It has been very difficult to go through this process. The staff there have been very flexible to my father and mother's needs, implementing different strategies to help them overcome specific challenges that are unique to my father's condition. Numerous times they have reached out to my mother to assist her with some of the heartbreaking moments that occur during this transition in their lives. Thank you so much for all your efforts!

Looks good on the outside

Not enough staff on floors for resdients. Bathrooms and rooms unclean and activities are not educated or consistent. Loved one is higher functioning, but due to understaffing and falling, is now declining quickly.

Best place we had seen.

The nursing and security staff are great and I have no problems with them. The food is pretty good and they do work with his special diet. They do offer some activities and the place seems to be clean. I would recommend this community for memory care.

So far so good!!

The staff at Storey Oaks are incredible. They are attentive and check in on mom often. According to mom the food is great. She likes to participate in arts and crafts. The community is clean and very well kept. This community is not to big and I would recommend it.

Aamong the best

Great facility, with a compassionate and caring staff. Highly recommend this facility for memory care.

Respite Care Facility

I chose Prairie Winds for the main reason that they offered Respite Care with a minimum of one week and that is the time I needed care for my husband while on a family trip. The facility was very nice and clean and had a wonderful atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and I appreciated the attention my husband received while I was away. I ate lunch the day I took my husband to the facility and it was a very good and tasty lunch and he enjoyed it very much too. The staff asked him over and over if he had enough to eat and offered him more if not.

Avoid

They are very focused on profit and sales at this facility. You become aware of that the moment you arrive. As someone else had mentioned they are very disorganized.

My relative has complained of some of the aides being very rough in handling of them. The relative has asked me to move them to another facility and has mentioned that the staff is very controlling and rude, which I have witnessed as well. In my humble opinion, this facility should be avoided. Do not let the new building distract you from quality of care issues.

Lorene Bower

We are sorry to hear you have had a challenging experience. JEA is committed to high-quality care and family partnerships. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your situation, please contact the Regional Director for Prairie Winds at [removed] to help us better understand and address your concerns.

Great place

It was a great facility. It was a good experience. I am going to take my wife back there when I have my eye surgery in a couple of months. Other than losing a few items of clothing, it was a great experience.

Great experience for 7 day respite care.

The care was to the degree it gave me peace of mind leaving my wife there.

Prairie Winds is understaffed and disorganized.

The Prairie Winds is very understaffed. It is clean and beautiful, but on more than one occasion they lost his glasses and he was wearing someone else's clothes. My father went in able to walk with his walker. By the end of the week he could not walk, then confined to a wheelchair.On a couple of days they couldn't locate his medicines, and had mislabeled his glucometer as someone else's. I was there everyday, and saw that the kitchen staff took five days to finally cut up his food so he could feed himself. He gave up trying on the fourth day. On his last day there (10 days) they called to have us come take him to be seen by a doctor. They said he fell out of bed, but the emergency room doctor said his injuries could not be caused by a fall. Dad had a broken collar bone and severe bruising on the whole right side of his chest and shoulder. He also had a defensive wound on his left lower arm. I saw his room that morning and the aide Izzy (he was great with Dad) had put his mattress on the floor as usual, and put the floor cushion beside that. He had only three inches to roll out of bed. We had enrolled him in hospice two days before that. They came to the hospital to transport him home, and had the hospital bed set up at home by the time we got there. Dad was glad to be home, but was in a lot of pain. Dad couldn't speak to tell us what happened, so we'll never know.

Excellent facility

Amazing place. Staff very caring. The times I have visited, the facility has been pretty clean. Staff is always catering to the seniors at the facility and they seem to have great activities throughout the month. I have been a personal caregiver for years and haven't seen many places like Prairie Winds. I highly recommend it for anyone needing care for their loved one.

I found THE place.

Chris Neff was the most helpful of all that I visited. She also offered if this place was not for Mom, she would help me find one that was for her. Hers was the first I visited. When I completed the tour, I wanted to admit Mom then. But, I thought I should give other places an opportunity to see what they had to offer. I visited 4 other facilities. The facilities ranged from over the top to I wouldn't put her here! One place was full. This was the best fit for Mom. I am hoping for great things. And I have faith that this is a great place.

Incredible place

Prairie Winds did an absolutely unbelievable job taking care of my loved one, they were so much more than what I thought they would be. They've got an amazing care staff, and Jen, their LPN, really knows what she is doing and is great about keeping families up to date and informed about their loved ones. The facility itself is beautiful, and it's just a warm, family friendly environment. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Love Prairie Winds

We love Prairie Winds. Every Staff member we came into contact with was welcoming and helpful. The residents all seemed happy and well cared for. Every interaction they had with our loved one who was entering the facility was positive, loving and caring.
It is a great place and a good fit for our family member.

Very impressed with how nic...

Very impressed with how nice the facility is. Staff seems happy. Like that each room has a shower. Love that the building is built around a courtyard so residents can go outside. Very clean.

Staff very in tune with Dementia

We chose this community after visiting two others because it just felt right for my mother. It looked clean, felt clean and everyone there just seemed happy. The staff is in tune with dementia residents and try to help as best as they can. My mother believes she is the head nurse and when she tells the staff why they didn’t check with her about something the staff tells her she is right and they should have checked with her and they will do it next time. Just makes my mother so much happier then being told she has dementia and she is in a memory care community. The staff really does try and make it as best as an experience as they can for the residents. I was just up there yesterday and they had a country line dancing demonstration with most of them being in there 70’s, which was fun to watch and my mother loved it. The residents are about the same stage as my mother so we knew she would get along and would have someone to relate with. We walked in to Prairie Winds and just said “Wow! This is it!” The other two communities we looked at did not even compare. It is located on a busy street but once you get into the community you would not even know it is. My mother sometimes thinks she is in a monastery or a museum when she is sitting in the beautiful centrally located courtyard. The community is relatively new and is very well maintained. This community is a great value because I could not put a price on my mother’s happiness and my mother is extremely happy, which in turn makes me happy. It was a big relief off my chest knowing she was happy. Can’t tell you enough how happy we are with my mother in Prairie Winds.

Storey Oaks in Oklahoma City offers Memory Care services in comfortable surroundings, where Residents can enjoy our exclusive Symphony of Life® daily lifestyle experience. Our unique approach orchestrates our entire community to surround our Residents' needs and builds upon their strengths, allowing them to live to their fullest potential.