Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care - Fox Lake, IL

Good options but not a lot of social outings.

Paradise was a good option for us when we were looking for my mother. We decided against it because they didn't have as many outings as we were looking for. It was also more cost than other communities.

It was very nice

I toured the Paradise Park Assisted Living and Memory Care. It was very nice. I can't rate the care services or activities because I did not experience it because I only toured this property. Overall, It was a nice and clean facility. My tour went pretty good. Nice place.

Very Helpful and Cooperative

They are a very good service. Very helpful and cooperative. My loved one is very happy. This facility is very clean and nicely managed . Health Care is great. Food is good. I would definitely recommend the Paradise Park Assisted Living and Memory Care. I rate this Facility 5 stars across the board. I only have positive things to say about this place. I am very pleased with all of the areas and Glad I chose this property.

As a last resort!

The staff are genuinely caring but 3 caregivers to cook, clean, bath, & interact with 26 residents (including wheel chair bound & incontinent) is not enough. The livingroom/dining room was so congested with walkers & wheelchairs that I called the fire marshall to complain. The square footage is NOT zoned for that many residents in wheel chairs. My parent with memory impairment was placed here against her will by her self directed POA/daughter/employee of Paradise Park. After 1 year of expressing how depressing the environment was & several (one successful) attempts to scale over 6' fence, the POA that imprisoned her here shipped her 7 hours away, also against her will. Also note if you like doing business with good morals, this is NOT the place...[removed].

I was disappointed to find the kitchen, open and active, right next to the livingroom where people were watching TV. Not the best arrangement. Also, there are three different buildings where residents have to be brought for activities. In cold weather, I can't imagine them transferring people easily.

Review of Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Fox Lake, IL

Excellent facility. We stopped by unannounced and found ourselves in the midst of a very happy, well run facility. Jill was very intuitive of the stress we were feeling that day and helped us thru a very difficult time as we learned the services they had to offer. We would highly recommend this facility.

Our Mom's respite stay

The majority of the staff at Paradise Park were awesome, caring people. We did have some issues with medicaitons being dispensed at the appropriate times. We would advise family members to check in often to ensure medication routines are being followed. When we moved our Mom out the nursing staff neglected to give us ALL her medication. They called almost 3 weeks later to let me know they had "found" some meds that belonged to our Mom.
The facility was always clean and never smelled bad. Our Mom's laundry was always done, she was showered and her bedding was clean.
The food was served hot and was well received.
The only other concern we had was the inability to reach someone when calling in on the general number. 99% of the time the only response was a recording and not a real person. This was not the case when calling the nursing staff. They almost always answered their phone or returned the call in a timely manner. All in all it is a great place for your loved one but you still need to pay attention to what is happening and check in often.

Did not like this at all we...

Did not like this at all we did not have our tour with Jill we had it with a young man who had just been put in sales. He was very unprepared not price list couldn't answer a lot of our questions it was not as bright and inviting as the other tours. Definitely will not put Mom there. :(

Turned out that 75% of resi...

Turned out that 75% of residents are there for memory care; not a good choice for my friend.

Great Place, Thank you!

This assisted living and memory care campus is like a luxury home with an amazing staff who is always providing loving care for my mother who has resided there for more than 3 years. The small home environment with no stairs is perfect. Great activities and the meals are really good.

Even the grandkids love to visit their grandma.

I thank the staff for taking such great care of my mom!

Thank you!

Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care of Fox Lake, IL is a unique, retirement lifestyle which opened in 2005. Located on a beautiful campus, each of the four assisted living homes caters to only 16 residents. Our residents can feel the warmth of home and experience individualized attention. Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care promotes maximum independence but offers assistance to those who have difficulty with any aspect of daily living. A variety of activities are structured to meet individual needs and desires. We provide laundry, housekeeping and delicious home-cooked meals. Staff is available to assist residents 24-hours per day. We have nurses and certified dementia practitioners on-site. Paradise Park maintains a focus on the issues of health and wellness facing our residents and their families. Paradise Park Assisted Living & Memory Care offers this unique and beautiful setting as a place of residence designed with you in mind. Paradise is not just a state of mind. Come Discover Paradise Affordable Assisted Living Created Just for you.

Our Mission: To inspire and nurture each senior spirit; one person, one memory and one heart at a time.