Pacific Regent Bellevue - Bellevue, WA

Thank you for your interest in the Pacific Regent, Washington's premier retirement community, located in the heart of downtown Bellevue. We have carefully tailored a blend of services, amenities, and benefits into one complete package designed to reduce stress and promote wellness, giving residents the freedom to enjoy a full and rewarding life. Our residents also have assurance with benefits to our skilled medical Health Center and access to in-house physical therapy right on site.

Pacific Regent, also called The Fountains at Pacific Regent, is a 17 story building with one and two- plus bedroom style suites. Our suites range from 670 to 2,000 square feet. Many offer spectacular views.

The Pacific Regent is a distinctive, independent retirement community. We are an entry fee or "buy in" community. We offer several entry fee refund options. Our entry fees start at $130,000 depending upon the refund, location, size and interior design package that you choose.

Our skilled nursing center, referred to as "The Springs" provides excellent care skilled care and rehabilitation services in a warm and inviting environment. Our guests enjoy semi-private or private suites with attractive views.

The Springs @ Pacific Regent is a good place

Our mother was treated with dignity and respect and was kept comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly and attentive. We are grateful for this experience.

Our Sincere Thanks

To the nurses and caregivers on the 2nd floor of The Springs: Our sincere thanks for the dedicated and compassionate care showed to our mom these past three weeks. We are so appreciative of all you did to make her stay there so comfortable. You are an exceptional team. A special thanks to Negest, Monica, Elizabeth, Geoff, Lemin, Sana, Rizwan, Mary, Bo, the caring night staff, and all the others. With fondness and appreciation, Susan, Greg, and the rest of Jan's Family.

Excellent rehab care

My mother entered Pacific Regent for inpatient rehab after an injury left her in severe pain and unable to stand and walk. The care team was hard working, competent, warm, and of good humor. This included the cleaning staff, nurses and aides, doctor, staff who dispensed medicines, and bath aides. The occupational and physical therapists were excellent. They kept my Mom working harder and harder as she recovered, very good at sensing what she needed. They helped her regain confidence and learn how to move more safely. My mother enjoyed interacting with the staff and chose to eat in the rehab dining room with other patients as she felt stronger. She chose to return to Pacific Regent for outpatient rehab. All services were covered by Medicare and supplemental insurance except for a haircut.

Compassionate and Caring

Our father came to The Springs at Pacific Regent a few nights ago as a hospice patient with a number of ailments, including dementia, and no longer being able to walk. This facility welcomed him with dignity, kindness, and compassion, and we will forever be grateful for all the staff there, and how they made his last few days comfortable.

Corporate Profits First, Not the Resident's care

Profits ahead of Residents. ALWAYS

Staff not trained on dealing with dementia residents. Some are so dismissive with the resident when they ask for help. But who is training the staff and giving them feedback?

The nursing staff seems so demoralized. The nursing aides say it is all about the census & their hours are cut, And Management does not recognize residents are so high care they cannot keep up! Nurses need help too.
My mother is suppose to be changed every 2 hours for incontinence but it is more like every 4 to 5 hours... Where is the dignity?

How you treat the resident is how you treat your staff!

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. Of course, I am unable to address the specifics of your mother's care in this public setting. I hope you will contact me directly to further discuss. I am absolutely committed to ensuring your Mom gets the care and attention she needs and that she, and you, are 100% satisfied. You bring up some very important points and I am going to give a more detailed reply than usual in this forum of online reviews. We take training very seriously and, in fact, we have been recognized as industry leaders for our training systems and programs. We recognize that having well trained, long term staff is the basis of resident safety and satisfaction. In terms of staffing, we are above state averages and we work hard to maintain a healthy balance between the necessary efficiency to remain financially sound for a stable future and making sure that residents receive all the care they need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time.
Sincerely, Rick Guthrie, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Rick Guthrie, Executive Director

Not skilled enough.

My father was sent to this facility after a post op Hip replacement. At my visit I reliaze that another family was very upset with the staff there and it happens to be the director of nursing and the charge nurse. Her concerned was something that caught my attention which is, the building lack good services and not enough skilled staff and they are on stop payment from Medicare. They have lost lots of their good staff. I will recommend anyone to go to this place. Bad for patient care and productivity. They need to change the management and bring in people who understand the basic fundermental of nursing and not what they have now.

CHANGE THE DIRECTOR OF NURSE NOW.

THE SKILLED FACILITY IS NOT THE PROBLEM. MY MOM WAS WELL TAKING CARE OFF BY ONE OF THE EVENING NURSES. VERY PASSIONATE ABOUT HIS PATIENTS AND HONEST. THE PROBLEM IS THE DIRECTOR OF NURSE AND HER MANAGERS THAT SHE BROUGHT WITH HER. THEY ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS. BECAUSE OF HER, GOOD NURSES AND NURSES AID HAVE LEFT THE FACILITY. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE THEIR UNTIL SHE IS GONE FOR GOOD. [removed]. I WISH THEY CAN SEE WHAT SHE HAS DONE AND LET HER GO. THEY HAVE LOST ALL MOST ALL THEIR NURING STAFF BECAUSE OF HER. NOW THEY AGENCY. THAT SHOWS HOW BAD THINGS ARE.

Watermark Ambassador

I want to thank you for your feedback. As Executive Director, I am truly passionate about providing extraordinary care. I would like to discuss your concerns, please. If you would call me at [removed], I would sincerely appreciate learning more about your experience. Sincerely, Rick Guthrie, Executive Director

Weekend Nursing has not been trained!

Very poor on all care coordination!
Every skilled nursing resident is to get 2 showers a week. My Mom was to get a shower & have a medicated shampoo (prescribed by her physician) applied and her hair shampooed. The shower aide from an agency did not show up so there was no one to give the showers to the poor residents on the weekend. I asked the charge nurse why she did not call the agency to send some else. She or the Meds Nurse did not even realize the shower aide had not showed up! Is this the family caregiver's job to train their weekend Staff?
Management needs to be more involved!

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad that we had a chance to speak about your concerns and that they were resolved to your satisfaction. We received a sincere apology from the agency. I can assure you this has never happened before and they assured me that it won’t be repeated. Again, I’m glad we had a chance to discuss this matter but please do know I welcome your calls any time at [removed].

Sincerely,
Rick Guthrie,
Executive Director

They seem under staffed

My mother was in the rehab facilities to recover from a fall. Pacific Regent did provide adequate care to her with a couple of exceptions: they did not schedule her follow-up doctor's appointment and did not change her sheets for 2 weeks. I was unable also to get my calls returned from the Social Worker or Head Nurse for 2 weeks. When I asked for the appointment to be made, it took another 2 weeks. I would not recommend this facility unless you are in the area to make personal trips to check on the progress of your loved one.

Watermark Ambassador

We pride ourselves on providing extraordinary service and I’m sincerely sorry that your expectations weren’t met during your stay with us. I would like to learn more about the particulars of your experience and would very much appreciate it if you could contact me on my cell at [removed] to discuss further.

Thank you very much, Rick Guthrie, Executive Director

It is the most friendly community I have ever seen.

It is the most friendly community I have ever seen. My mom loved it there. They had a lot of in house activities and to restaurants for lunch, and would celebrate birthdays and things, there would be balloons on the table. They never let people sit alone, they always make sure that you have company. We took a lot of our friends there for dinner.

Totally Happy

My mom is in the Springs and they are taking very good care of her. One of the things that I like is that they don't assume you are going downhill, they actually try to get you back on your feet. I am totally happy with what they are doing.

Didn't get the therapy he needed

The hospital recommended my husband come here after he fell, I was in Hawaii recovering from hip surgery so my other daughter was the one coordinating things, she was new to this and so was I but I found out later that if he had been in the hospital for 3 days instead of 2, medicare would have taken care of it. He was there for a little over a month and I would check in to see how he was doing and they said everything was fine but at the end of the month I got a call saying medicare wouldn't cover it. I looked at the bill and had assumed he was getting physical therapy, but it was speech therapy and eye to eye therapy, and this is for someone with Alzheimers? Who had fallen? That didn't make sense to me.
They were touted to be this wonderful place but I think they contracted the therapy out and the therapist took advantage of the situation.