[names removed] review

I would recommend this facility to anyone who has a loved one with Dementia or Alzheimers. When my wife and I first walked into the facility, we were greated like we were family. The mamagement staff is one of the best in the industry and the caregivers are the tops in their profession.
I have had my brother there for over a year and he is receiving the best care possible for his Alzheimers. They have 24/7 nursing care, 3 meals a day and numerous activities for all the residents, along with monthly activities the families can participate in with the loved ones. Everyone treates the residents with respect and diginity.
The doctors make regular visits and are on call when they are needed outside of their normal schedules.
A great place where my brother is happy and safe!

Not my Loved one

The staff here pretend to care for love ones, but when there are no family members around, clients sit in their urine and waste for hours. Unexplained bruises, no 24hr nurse on duty. Staff including management are aware of a client abusing other clients but because family doesn't want the client on certain meds they over look many incidents. They serve clients soup and sandwiches 4 days of the week for dinner. If client doesn't have family members that visit they are treated the worse. I'm not sure who is writing theses reviews stating otherwise, but at least you can't say you weren't warned. They have great activities and rooms are clean and that's as good as it gets.

Some miscommunication but all needs are addressed

My wife lives here and so far it’s going pretty good. She’s been having a few issues adjusting and the staff can be hard to communicate with because they don’t speak much English, but what they’re doing to take care of her seems to be good. There were a few medication issues at the beginning but I talked to them about it and they corrected the issue right away. The food is adequate, I guess, but I don’t see much of what she eats. The staff has told me that if she wants more food then all she has to do is ask, but my wife has Alzheimer’s and I don’t know if that’s something she knows she can do. I think there’s some miscommunication about a few things but I know they’re trying to figure things out. I think some of the residents that are there are overly medicated as well, but anytime I’ve had a problem they seem to jump on the ball to get things fixed. Overall, it hasn’t been a bad experience having my wife here. Everyone is still adjusting and it takes time, but they seem to be doing a pretty good job at keeping my concerns in mind when doing anything with her, which I appreciate. The amount that I pay is a lot of money but they really do a lot for her: she gets 3 meals a day, security, they’re really helping her keep a routine (like brushing her teeth, taking showers, etc.) and she’s getting care 24/7. I think all in all, I would recommend them to others.

Oxford Glen

So far I've been very impressed by the services provided at Oxford Glen! The staff is friendly and professional, and I like the way their care and services are set up. My loved one has settled in well and seems very happy here.

I would reocmmend this community

This community has a lot of activities and the activities coordinator is very good. The director as well as the entire staff are top notch. This community consists of three buildings that are connected by a large common room. The food is very good and they keep the community well taken care of. They have registered nurses on site twenty four hours a day seven days a week. I am very please how things work and how the staff interact with the residents. They have good doctors that come in to see the residents.

Comfort for mom!!

I think my mother is adjusting pretty well to the community. They keep the residents fairly busy and take good care of them. I really liked the layout of the Oxford Glen better than the other communities that I toured.

What a blessing and a relief it has been!

Mom has been there since the first of December and blended in instantly. From the moment we walked in the door Mom was amazed by the place. She was able to socialize with some of the residents prior to moving in and ended up making the decision on her own. Since moving in she has been the most relaxed she's ever been in her whole life which definitely gives me a peace of mind since Mom has always been so high strung. She participates in many activities and I volunteer there so I see her often. I do the residents nails every Wednesday and volunteer for other things as well. Mom loves the food and the staff have been great ! Oxford Glen has provided the best experience we could have asked for in this situation and I couldn't be more impressed!

Ok facility, but resembles a nursing home. Cost starts at 4400.

I'm very happy.

I'm very happy. Sometimes getting a prompt call back is a challenge. Though they are working on that, they are growing so fast, and it takes time. He is getting good care. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I don't have any complaints about the food or anything else. He is happy there.

Best kept Secret

After searching and giving up on any good care, we decided to stop in and tour a new company in Sachse that only provide care for memory care named Oxford Glen, they are providing new techniques and 24/7 nursing that we needed for our long term insurance to pay. We have moved our mother into this beautiful building, staff is compassion and know how to work especially with memory care. I am driving extra miles out of my way, worth it to sleep at night. It's only 8 miles from Plano. It's the best kept secret.

So far it's going pretty good.

So far it's going pretty good. I would say they are a solid four. It's clean and the staff is friendly. It appears that they have a lot of things going on to do. We have gone for two family nights and are there on a pretty regular basis as well. We have eaten there before and the food is pretty good. We are real happy with the services there. I am real happy she is there.