Oxford Glen - Grand Prairie, TX

Very friendly and caring staff

My Mom lives here and, so far, we’ve been happy with it. What attracted us initially is how friendly the staff is. They love on her and treat her so well, which is so appreciated. Their services are exactly what they sell. The cleanliness is good and housekeeping comes by her room once a week to clean. She seems to like the food and says there’s plenty of it. Overall, I recommend them.

My husband is settling in

This community is safe and secure for my husband. It is a beautiful place its right on the lake and a fairly new building. The staff is wonderful they are always cheerful and smiling. He is enjoying the daily activities like the singing. He gets 3 good meals a day. It has a couple of enclosed patios for them to enjoy. It has snacks out at all times. The only thing is he's not getting the therapy I was under the impression he would get. I would recommend this community.

Very best structural design. Great food. Wonderful staff who have a sincere desire to serve the residents and families.
We looks at lot of option and more compare to Oxford Glen!

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

Staff and administration care! My Mom gets the help she desires and staff checks her often and I appreciate all they do! My Mom does too! We can tell a big difference between O.G. and other homes. I will recommend O.G. to others!

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

Excellent. Only reason not a "5" star is for the cleanliness of my Mother's room and letting laundry pile up. My Mother has Macular Degeneration and cannot see well. When she lived at her home I cleaned her bathroom toilet daily. I have gone in many days and cleaned myself. She isn't messy, she does not have bowel issues, just normal for an elderly person. Her clothes are sometimes not clean. I went in one day and she had no clean PJ's. I am very impressed with staff and their genuine care for the residents. Their willingness to take them on field trips. Their patience. I have only seen one worker who, because of her more abrasive tone of voice and actions my Mom and other residents don't behave as they do with others. I will recommend this facility to others. I shopped around a lot before choosing OG.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

Very impressed with staff. Very friendly, very caring and professional. Impressed that it doesn't smell. Very clean.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

Oxford Glen is the greatest! It's a wonderful home for my Mom, she has a new family with the residents and caregivers.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

Wonderful place for my Mom. Gets her involved with activities. Seems to be doing well and is happy.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

I love working with Oxford Glen employees. Everyone is so professional, pleasant environment nice clean facility and management is awesome. Highly recommend facility to family loved ones.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

This is one of the most wonderful places to place your loved ones. Such a caring loving staff. They not only care about their residents, but also care about their families. The residents are always highly engaged and always loved.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

Our Mother is a resident in Oxford Glen. We looked at many places and none compared to Oxford Glen. We are so pleased with the care that not only my Mother gets, but the care that they give our whole family.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

My wife is in Oxford Glen and we are so pleased with her care. We are able to leave her knowing she is loved and well taken care of. I would highly recommend Oxford Glen.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

Lovely building great staff. Good food. Need better control in place to prevent clients from getting out of secured areas. Rooms could be cleaned better-floors, dusting, furniture, bathrooms.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

The building is set up as an up-to-date Alzheimer's/Memory Care facility. They have full-time slotted nurses available 24/7. Each section is "homey" with a kitchen and common TV area. The units are secure. Nice area of town. Staff is friendly and also available during nursing visits. Trish is the best nurse in all the facilities I visit around town!

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

I love the way the facility provided carefully planned routines and enrichment. Mom could choose to bake, worship, craft, watch movies, get her hair and nails done--all in house. She enjoyed exercise classes, musical guests and family events with food and laughter. The staff are excellent. They provided information, a support group and regular communication through their newsletter and activity announcements.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

Oxford Glen is well organized, has sufficient personnel, the personnel are well trained and work well with the residents. It has actually been more than I had hoped for.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

This is a fantastic place for respite from my daily activities. My husband enjoys his days here-and I am completely satisfied with his care. I toured other places and Oxford Glen stands way above the others in the area, in my opinion. When the time comes, my husband will be here full time. This is the best staff of people in the area! Thanks to them for giving me peace of mind.

Excellent!!

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

My sisters and I have been very impressed with the attention and care the staff give to the residents. They take the residents on frequent outings and have numerous activities throughout each day. The facility is clean and quiet.

Review of Oxford Glen Grand Prairie, TX

Loving caring staff with many activities for the residents. My mom has done so well here. She is healthier and very happy. I really appreciate Wenda and her staff. It is a well maintained and clean facility.

My mom is doing really good. They offer trips to stay active. We are happy that they had family night. The food is very good and appealing. My mom does like the staff, but there are a few staff members were there is a communication issue. The community is very clean and maintained. I highly recommend the care and values for other families to offer a loved one.

A Good Place For My Aunt

Everything has worked out very well for my aunt here at this community. They are taking good care of her and her needs. The staff is great, I know she is in good hands here. They do a good job keeping the community nice and clean. There are activities available for her when she is ready to participate. I've tired some of the meals and the food is good. I know she is safe and being cared for well here. Overall this is a place I would recommend.

Happy Husband here

My husband is doing well here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. He is enjoying the food. The community is clean and he is happy with the activities. I would recommend this community.

An Excellent Community

This is an excellent community, everything has worked out very well for my mother here. They do a great job with the cleanliness, it is a well maintained community. The staff is excellent, they have been great to work with. They offer wonderful activities for the residents. She is pleased with the meals, the food is nice. She is being cared for well here. I know she is in good hands, this is a community I would recommend.

We looked at about 15 places.
Because mom has arthritis as well as Alzheimers she needed a place where the rooms were close to the main gathering area for meals and activities. No long halls to walk down.
Oxford Glen had the very best physical design we saw. The rooms are very close. Most open out to the main room of their house. The décor was excellent. The food service is very good. And the personnel from the manager to the caregiver is great. Every single person presented an attitude of how can we help and we know this is not easy for you. But, don't worry,we will make this work.
Plus the staffing ratio is the best we found. They have the full package of services and very helpful in every aspect of the process.
We recommend them without reservation.
Our experience is with the location in Grand Prairie Tx.

only thing that needs improving is the food

At Oxford Glen the only thing that needs improving is the food. My brother has dementia and he can only eat certain foods. I wish the staff would tailor more to his needs. The staff members are very friendly here. They are always willing to help. I couldn't ask for anything better really.

Nice looking place!