National Church Residences Avondale - Dublin, OH

The current website is out of date and totally misleading. This is now independent living only with no senior services as was previously promoted by NCS. Only found this out during a drop-by visit. Voice messages were not returned. If all you want is a 55+ apartment, that's all you'll get. Seems odd NCS staff was unaware of the website problem even though the changes are several months old.

Review of National Church Residences Avondale Independent Living in Dublin, OH

Loved this place! Of course its all new. They seemed to have a lot available. Very clean.

Great sense of community

They've done a great job so far! Moving here has been a really great experience for my mother-in-law. This place really has a great sense of community, and she has made several friends here since moving in. It is a beautiful, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. The facility it also located in a great area, and we feel like she can be safe and happy here.

Adult Day Center

Mom does not live at Avondale but utilizes the adult day center at the facility. She likes it much more than staying at home. If you have a loved one that need some companionship and has some memory issues this is the place. She loves the drivers, they walk her to the door when she gets home, and seems more restful when I get home. When she was just by herself she would get much more agitated.

It's a nice clean professional facility. A little stark but with contributions I am sure they will eventually warm the place up. The staff is very professional and answer any of my concerns very quickly.

Everything's Going Pretty Well

My mother-in-law seems to be doing well there. It's a lovely little apartment. It's a full two bedroom apartment. They do have meals but so far she makes her own. I know they've had ice cream parties and introductions to people that work there and they've had concerts. She's been there about 4.5 to 5 months and I can't think of anything they can improve on yet. Everything seems to be going pretty well.

Primarily the fact that they had 1000...

Primarily the fact that they had 1000 sq. ft cottages and if I'd gone to other communities, they only had 600 sq. ft apartments. The extra space allowed me to get everything in that I wanted. It's costing me $81 a day to live here and it cost me $31 a day in my condo. But $2400 is less than the other communities and for much more space.
I see the maintenance guys out there planting trees, cutting grass, they're planting flowers. My visitors just marvel at the place.
They deliver excellent meals, they have a dumpster and they pay for TV, internet and phone.

It's a brand new facility, but they're having a cookout on the 30th and they're organizing a resident's council right now. The activities program is just being developed. They do offer store trips and they have bridge Thursdays at 6:30 in the community room. THey're the best. THe manager is a very personable person and so is the activity director.