McKenzie Towne Retirement Living - Calgary, AB

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Amazing Home For My Parents

After a slight period of adjustment my parents are really enjoying their new home. The activities planned on a regular basis, the special outings and events like brunches, BBQ's and extra entertainment during stampede are very well done. This adds some welcomed variety to their lives. Overall their experience with the other residents have been extremely positive. The close proximity to the McKenzie main street shops, banks and pharmacy works very well for them as well as they are no longer driving. That ease of being able to walk give them a small measure of independence.
My sister and I are also very pleased with the facility, it's staff and it's programs. We know our parents are well taken care of when we are not with them

Caring staff

Absolutely excellent staff. [Removed] at the front desk is a gem. The nursing staff and RNs truly do their best to care and advocate for my dad. He has been there for three years and declining steadily unfortunately. They care for him tremendously. I don't know what I would do without them. Dad pays almost $5,600 per month for assisted living. He is burning through his money. But us well cared for

This place is a nightmare.

OMG this place was a nightmare. Not only did they say they would never dump our loved one in a hospital if they needed to be transferred to long term care that's EXACTY what they did. Then they tried to keep the entire month of rent when they did it. I eventually got it back but not without it being a huge hassle. STAY. AWAY. They prey on the most vulnerable who can't defend themselves. They say whatever they need to say to get people to move in there but have no qualms with dumping them into emergency and not accepting them back using the excuse that your loved one needs more care. Well that may be so but the way they go about it is inhumane. I know of two other families that this has happened to too.

We put my mother in law in here. The facility was by far the nicest we saw and the staff are fantastic! She is settling in nicely and she has improved and is much happier now.

They have been wonderful to my Mother. So glad that she is being taken care of there.We had a family crisis and the help I got from them was above and beyond what i expected!

A great facility. Jackie is informative. Need to try their lunch.

A welcoming, caring home for my parents.

We visited a number of places before choosing MacKenzie Towne. My mother fell in love with the neighbourhood, and liked the facility. They could not have been more helpful, accommodating, and welcoming since we've chosen them. They have bent over backwards to make the transition and move as seamless as possible. The staff without exception are very friendly and really seem to care. My worries about my parents being able to adjust to being in care have disappeared since their move to MacKenzie Towne.

SL4 Unit

I can't rate highly because my mom is in the locked dementia ward and I find that cruel. Why can't there be a decent place for seniors to live that is larger than 50'? She has a brain just a memory problem. She can't walk anymore, she can't go on outings. Basically it's just a place to die.

Great place for Dad!

Great place!
Very good staff, friendly and caring.
They do their best to make Dad feel comfortable.
Pricey, but we wanted the location.

It's all about the $$$$$

We looked forward to moving my dad to McKenzie Towne (MT), where he had been accepted. He was sent from the hospital to MT, spent one night and they sent him back to the hospital, saying that it was not the right place for him to be. They wanted to charge me for a month because I had not given them notice of cancelling the contract.......after THEY had sent him away! We negotiated a rather expensive compromise; my dad could have at the Four Seasons for much less! The staff were very nice, and they are compassionate.... until it comes to the bottom line. Very disappointing experience.

Thank you for all you do!

My mom has lived at Mackenzie Towne since April. During what was a very difficult time (my dad passing and Mom moving to Alberta from NS) it turned out to be the best thing. We didn't know how the move would affect her as she has dementia. She has made friends and the staff are fabulous.

Revera – McKenzie Towne offers a dynamic setting in southeast Calgary. This community features an abundance of social activities, appealing accommodations, and lovely landscaped grounds and gardens. From the 24-hour staffing to great meals, residents know their preferences and needs will be met. The convenient location – across from Inverness Pond and Promenade Park, and with great amenities nearby – adds to the independence and enjoyment of the residents.

Everything in this community revolves around the philosophy of aging-in-place and providing peace of mind to residents and their families. McKenzie Towne offers a wide range of options including independent living, assisted living and two memory care areas with accompanying programs.

McKenzie Towne is part of the Revera family, one of North America’s leading and most trusted providers of seniors’ accommodation, care and services since 1961.