Marycrest Manor - Livonia, MI has yet not published prices.

Very disappointed

Incredibly beautiful and modern rehabilitation home. Incredibly lazy and ignorant staff. I guess these folks that work here (and I use the term work extremely lightly) feel that the great decor make up for having to actually take care of people. I seriously cannot understand how anyone can fail this miserably when lives are at stake. My advice ....Go to the far western suburbs for care of your loved ones. The further west, the better. The state needs to shut this place down.

Katie Klossner

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. Resident and family happiness and satisfaction is our priority. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations in this case. Please call [removed] at your earliest convenience so that we can address your concerns directly. Thank you again and we look forward to talking to you very soon. Karis Wilson-Jones (Executive Director)

Horrible nightmare

If you think you will get care and recover in this place, think again! I still have nightmares over my lack of care and compassion. I was totally helpless a
after undergoing painful surgery for a severely broken ankle was unable to move. I had to rely on the care of so called nurses and aids who never cared when I rang the bell. They could be heard laughing on their cell phones or playing games. It was a ghost town at night not a soul to be seen. Imagine the helpless feeling of needing to use the bathroom, ringing the buzzer repeatedly with no response . Imagine the indignity of sitting in your own urine for hours at a time! My family complained to the director of the facility but no one gave a damn. Ended up hiring very expensive private duty nurses. Get the picture folks??

Katie Klossner

We take resident and family complaints very seriously and ask that you contact our Executive Director, Karis Wilson Jones at [removed] or [removed] at your earliest convenience so we can look into your concerns immediately. Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and let us address this issue.

Great Therapist, Awful nursing/Care

My mother was here for a couple weeks in Jan 2019 after a critical illness, The PT and OT were wonderful and I would recommend them however, the nursing staff and care at this facility is awful. My mother fell in the bathroom on the second day she was there. Hit her head and hurt her back. My mother's caregiver was there at the time. Two aids rushed in, didn't check to see if she was bleeding, had broken bones etc. picked her up and put her in a wheelchair. Left the room. Nurse came in sometime later, again, didn't check on my mom just told our caregiver she needed to file a report. Long story short, despite assurances from the "on call nursing supervisor" that protocol required regular and frequent neurological testing in the first several hours after a fall, NO ONE came into my mother's room except to bring her a Tylenol requested by our caregiver and to bring her nighttime meds. I've been promised numerous times by many staff at Marycrest that they would call and discuss what happened. 1 1/2 months later, I just received a call from the Director of nursing, stating that they followed protocol according to the report. How can you conduct frequent neurological tests without coming into my moms room for 8 hrs except for meds? Do not send your loved one here! Do not be fooled by the beautiful decor. BTW my mother has recovered from her fall and is back home despite the terrible care at Marycrest.

Katie Klossner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take resident and family complaints very seriously and are extremely concerned by your experience. Please contact our Executive Director, Karis Wilson Jones at [removed] or [removed] at your earliest convenience so we can look into this immediately. Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and letting us address this issue.

Glad we didn't have to stay for long

The people here seem like they don't care about the patients. They don't want to hear complaints. They don't want to supervise. The let the assistants do anything they want to do. They talk on the phone and ignore patients. It's not what I expected when I brought my dad here for rehab, and I would not come back again. Thank goodness what he had wasn't serious and we didn't have to stay long. It was upsetting to see how people were treated, and I don't know how my dad would have done if family members weren't here CONSTANTLY. I don't know how they get a five star rating.

Katie Klossner

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. We take resident and family complaints very seriously and ask that you contact our Executive Director, Karis Wilson Jones at [removed] (or email [removed]) at your earliest convenience so we can look into your concerns immediately. We look forward to hearing from you.

Do not recommend

This place deserves no stars. Your loved will not receive quality care, Nobody will answer their call light. At night, staff will go out in their cars and be gone for hours. And the worst part nobody cares! Not even management or clinical coordinator! Nursing and aides are rude and unprofessional. You’ve been warned

Katie Klossner

We take resident and family complaints very seriously and ask that you contact our Executive Director, Karis Wilson Jones at [removed] (or email [removed]) at your earliest convenience so we can look into your concerns immediately. Thank you for taking the time to connect with us.

September 2018

My mother was recently in Marycrest rehabilitation. The care was excellent. When I felt that an issue needed to be addressed, the staff responded to my request and suggestions. The doctor contacted me serveral times and took her time to answer follow up questions. My mother was happy with the personnel, kind care. I want l to thank Dr. [Name removed], Nurse [Name removed], [Name removed] and [Name removed], especially.

I agree with sorry I was there. I say the same thing no supervisors, not enough care. And you have to wait forever for things. It is a beautiful building but I am more interested in what happens once youre in the beautiful building. They weren't terrible, but they weren't great like they are made out to sound. I would go somewhere else if I had to do it again. They should have someone you can talk to if you have problems.

Beautiful but poor care

This looks like a beautiful hotel, but my experience there was not beautiful. Not enough care, not enough people in the dining room, no one to talk to if you had complaints, no supervisors that I could see. You need more people. We should not have to wait so long for everything. I hope I don't have to go to rehab again but if I do, it won't be here.

Beware of Mary crest Nursing Home

I was in Mary crest Nursing Home in Livonia Michigan for one month. Because of their lack of care I was put on a wound vac and it weakened the muscles in my lower back. I remember ringing the buzzer again and again and nobody ever came and I yelled to them that I had just had back surgery and I was not able to get myself up off the bed unassisted but that fell on deaf ears. My room was kitty corner from the nurse's station and I could hear them laughing and joking around they just totally ignored me. It was a dreadful experience being in there they were extremely rude people. And a year-and-a-half after I left there I get a call from a collection agency saying my insurance did not pay well again they feel they're also because I did not even have that kind of insurance my insurance I paid that right when I left there. Run do not walk from this place

Marycrest Manor is a senior long-term nursing care community and short term rehabilitation and wellness center located in the heart of Livonia. It features the Sanctuary model of care, focusing on serving residents with open hearts and endless hospitality. Our affordable, friendly, resident-centered neighborhoods emphasize life-enriching activities and togetherness. Residents enjoy a variety of events and outings, nutritious, chef-prepared meals and convenient services.

Marycrest Manor is in the process of being transformed into a full continuing care retirement community. Look for the groundbreaking later in 2014 as we grow to serve area seniors with more comprehensive services and levels of care on the campus!

Marycrest Manor is owned and operated by Trinity Senior Living Communities, a leading advocate of holistic, individual-first senior care.