Magnolia Village - Riverside, CA

Property very nice, excellent tour. [Removed] very sweet and helpful.

Kim Homer

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your tour with us. We strive to offer the most helpful information to each tour individually and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge a great one!

Loving environment!

Things have been so wonderful here! When I moved in they gave me a "blessing jar".They told me every time something good happens to me to write it down on a piece of paper and put it in my jar. My jar is filling up since that day.For example, one of the residents crocheted a poncho for me and gave to me as a gift. She then said the poncho looked so good on me she gave me a Shaw too. The people here are kind and generous. The administrator really listens to the residents. I asked if we could go to see a movie, by that afternoon they had a piece of paper going around asking who else wanted to join. They have plans to add a business center in the library for the residents. So we can have access to computers and a fax machine. They offer so many activities as well! I am so happy with my decision to be here. I was at another community before this and it was like night and day!

Overall I am very happy with them, and I know my mother is too.

Overall I am very happy with them, and I know my mother is too. That is the most important thing. I don't have any complaints. I would definitely give them a five.

Happy Residents

From the first time I stepped into the Magnolia Grand, I knew my parents would love it! It is beautifully decorated and smelled nice! The staff were friendly, inviting and understanding. As many of you know, making the decision to move your parents to a location that will provide care is a difficult decision and should be researched and well thought out. I highly recommend the Magnolia Grand. Aside from the aforementioned qualities, the food is great! They provide restaurant style dining, with the menu changing from time to time. They welcome family visits and family meals. I cannot say enough about the care options available! Although care is not provided by the apartment management, they make suggestions for care services. They are wonderful and affordable! The amenities include a full service salon, laundry facilities, pool table, workout room, planned activities, etc. there is always something to do! Thank you Magnolia Grand and A Place for Mom. My mind is at ease knowing my parents are in a good place.

I Had To Hire An Extra Care Giver To Help Me

I do not like it here at this community. The main reason I am unhappy because I had to hire extra care to help assist me. When I'am already paying this community a lot of money already, I think it is ridiculous that I have to hire an extra care giver. The community for the most part is well-kept, but the furnishing is all wrong. The staff is alright. There are activities offered. The food needs improvement. Overall this would not be a community I would recommend.

Kim Homer

At Magnolia Grand we strive to accommodate each of our residents needs and take feedback like yours very seriously. Being a senior living community we understand that hiring care services can add extra cost. However, please note that we are not licensed to provide caregiver services to our residents directly if it is needed as we are an independent living community. We recommend that you attend our resident council and food service meetings to openly share your feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to speak with our Community Services Director Amoreena Leyva with any additional concerns or suggestions on how we can improve your experience with Magnolia Grand.

I am now moving out from this community. I felt I was paying for services that I was rarely getting. My expenses included 3 meals a day which was beyond my budget. All in all, if the price was lower I could stay here but I ended up finding a community that fit my budget.

Kim Homer

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you felt that our community did not fit your needs at this time. We would like to know more about what services you were looking for so we can better address the needs of our future residents. As an independent living community we are sure you are aware that we do not provide care services but are always happy to provide referrals when needed. Please contact our Community Services Director Amoreena Leyva who would love to speak personally with you about your experience.

Pleasantly surprised. Newly remodeled. Very bright, cheery, positive attitude culture. Lots for tenents to do.Independent living only. No transition to assisted but you can contract for services.

I am happy with this place. My mom loves it here and is excited about being here. The food is good and have a few activities. Even though my mom is only been here a month she she fallin in love with this place. It is a great atmosphere and staff.

Moms happy

My mom moved in this month and LOVES it. Everyone is very friendly and she feels very safe and welcomed. She says she no longer feels lonely. It was a great move for her.

Nice clean facility; friendly staff. The rates are a bit high, but it is on my consideration list.

Review of Magnolia Village Independent Living in Riverside, CA

Liked this one, took mom to c it, she also liked it. The other livins we spook to, said food was not good.

Really Helpful Manager Person

that one is more independent living. It was very nice. It was very clean. I liked the guy that ran it. I got a good feeling from him. He was very helpful as far as trying to help me understand what I needed to look for in a home for my dad which really amazed me because he wasn't trying to sell me his community because it wasn't right for what I was looking for but he was still being very helpful in helping me figure out what I needed to look for. I really thought that was awesome.

Independent, not Assisted Living

Magnolia Village is geared to seniors who don't need help with daily activities. They provide 3 good meals per days, transportation via company bus to medical appts., church, and shopping, and plenty of activities ranging from card games to balloon volleyball. They also host a special event or party every month or so. Rent is reasonable, with the exception of the additional "activities fee" that is equal to one month's rent (not refundable). If you question this extra fee, they offer to "work with you". Ours was reduced by half.

This is not an assisted living facility, so there is no caregiving included in the pricing. However, they do have an outside caregiving agency that works within the facility. Residents must contract with this agency for care and are billed separately for this service, which can raised the cost a little or quite a bit depending on the degree of help that is needed.

Very Friendly

Everybody is very friendly. The support staff with the health care - all you have to do is make a call and they're right there for anything you need, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

There are lots of activities. The dining room is very nice. I can buy a ticket for $2 or $3 and go gave lunch with my mom. It's kept very clean and smells nice - that's something we noticed when we first walked in. The director there is a very nice man.

We had a problem with my mom's air conditioner being too loud. We just told the front desk and they had the whole unitl replaced so she has a whole new air conditioner.

Bleach stain on the carpet....

Bleach stain on the carpet. but better for Charlie if it can work/ Old town Riverside. Spoke with Kathy about a first floor with access to the outside for Charlie, she is checking and will speak with Barbara and get back to me. Kathy Called back, there is only one opening on the ground floor, no direct access to the yard, but a balcony.

Very nice, friendly staff.

Very nice, friendly staff.

Located in Riverside’s historic and charming downtown district, Magnolia Grand offers gracious Retirement Living for active seniors. Centrally located near the 91 Freeway, Magnolia Grand is close to a multitude of shops and stores, local restaurants and major medical care services and providers. With spacious studio, one and two bedroom apartment suites to choose from, 3 delicious meals served daily, and exciting activities calendar, scheduled transportation and 24 hour on site staffing…Magnolia Grand the active senior lifestyle you have dreamed of!