Live Oak Village of Slidell - Slidell, LA

Not the place for Mom

My mom was in this community for about 6 weeks and 2 hospital visits later we took her out ASAP. I was really clear on 2 things that she couldn't have milk and she needed her food cut up and neither happened. The aides here are not trained enough. There were so many [Removed] also like the medicine she was to take at night to help her sleep was being given to her in the AM. They never encouraged her to get out of her room and this could've been the issue by the wrong meds given. And also she had 3 different blood pressure pills to be given in am and she was given 2 in evening time. She had a rash and they didn't communicate that to me now here skin is almost breaking there. All the activities that are on the calendar are all lies none of that stuff went on a daily basis. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Live Oak Village has been a Blessing to my Mother and our whole family. The staff , especially [Removed] and [Removed], have been so helpful in providing the best care for our Mother's needs and well being. I would highly recommend Live Oak to anyone looking for a facility that will treat your loved one like family.

Wonderful place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Live Oak Village! The staff here is friendly, professional, and very attentive to the needs of the residents! I visit all the time, and I'm always impressed with how often the staff check in on everyone! Not only do they frequently check in on Mom, they meet with me once a month just to give me an update on how everything is going and to ask if there's anything else I would like for them to be doing.

I like it very much they are very friendly and very helpful.

I like it very much they are very friendly and very helpful. If you ask for anything they are right on it. The food is usually pretty good. I like it because they were not as expensive as some, and there is no extra charge for a small pet.

I would recommend this facility

I think it is wonderful here. We placed my mother in law in here and she's doing great. We are very pleased with then and they are very good. It was also in the price range that we could afford.

It's a great place. Thank you so much for your help.

This place is great!

If I could give it more than 5 stars I would.

Two Weeks - and Live Oak Has Been Wonderful

My mom moved to Live Oak approximately two weeks ago. It was a major adjustment, since she did not move there willingly. But the entire Live Oak staff has been tremendously helpful in assisting her in this difficult adjustment - even going so far as to help her adopt a kitty companion. The facility itself is cheerfully decorated and provides a number of amenities to serve their community and their families. My mother was able to furnish her own apartment as well as personalize her "front porch." Not only are the meals tasty, the dining room provides an opportunity for the residents to meet each other and my mom has been developing a number of friendships. What a change from being alone in her own home and overwhelmed to being in an environment with personalized care and friends! I hope to be able to enhance this review over the next few months.

I would like to see more activities with the residents

I would give them a three. I would like to see more activities with the residents. I would also like to more observation of the residents in the memory unit. The staff is very friendly, and the food is good.

My mother is very happy with this place and so I am. They have a lot of wonderful activities and entertainment. There is a lot of opening space at the facility. The only bad part about is sometimes their short handed staff.

The only thing is my father is a litt...

The only thing is my father is a little more mobile than most so the excercises that are done are for less mobile people if there was a way they could incorporate a little different exercise for the people that are more mobile

They gave mom 3 chances

It's a clean palce, they're friendly, the first time my mom was there was in lock down and she escaped, so that wasn't very good. They made us get 24/7 sitters because she was pulling the alarms, her medication wasn't regulated properly so they told me to get a 24/7 sitters but my mother locked them out of the room and escaped out the window but Live Oak took her back for a second time. The second time she lasted a week, she didn't pull the same shenigans but she had to go back to the hospital and they let her come back again. Now that she's on proper medications, they let her out from lock down, she's out playing bingo, she's got her dog back, she loves the food and they're very nice and they make over her dog. You have no idea how nice it is not getting phone calls about her behavior everyday.
I like that it's a very small community and especially now that they're allowing her to mingle and they give us progress reports and they assess them once a month which I really, really like.

Small private-pay community in Slidell, LA (30 miles outside of New Orleans) offering 37 assisted living apartments and 13 memory care apartments. Two floor plans are available -- a studio apartment (385 square feet) and a one-bedroom apartment (420 square feet). Community has never flooded!