Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Review of Leaside East York, ON

Leaside Residence is an amazing venue. [Removed] is the most amazing and wonderful person in taking care of my dear Mom. [Removed] deserves to be promoted. I would also like to thank [Removed].

Review of Leaside East York, ON

It was terrible, he got scabies and they denied it was from their facility. We moved him to another facility.

Review of Leaside East York, ON

Although there is a high turnover for staff, the caregivers are always pleasant and caring. The facility is well maintained and clean. If there is an issue, administration takes care of it pretty promptly. A good experience so far.

Review of Leaside East York, ON

Leaside is a beautiful community and it seems to be well maintained. The staff seemed friendly. I can't really speak on the care as we just toured, but it seems like a nice place.

No serious reservations

First of all, my brother quite likes the place. For what it is worth, he occasionally complains that the staff is a bit rough when handling him. Of course this depends who is on duty that particular time and how he feels that time. I visit him frequently. The management and the supervisory staff is quite proactive and promptly responds to my concerns.The food is around par. The floor staff turn over is quite high. It may be due to rotation schedules. Nevertheless, I have no serious reservations.

It was a really nice spot

It was a very nice spot. Very clean, the only concern was that it was very large. We ended up not needing to move.

Very impressed

We toured Leaside, and I thought it looked like a very nice place, we were very impressed. The facility and grounds are beautiful and clean, and they offer a well planned system of care of varying levels. Everyone we met was friendly, and they seemed attentive to the needs of the residents. The only drawback was the price tag, it is very expensive, much higher than we anticipated.

Leaside is a nice place

I think Leaside is a nice place, overall. It's an incredibly expensive community, but they've got excellent caregivers and floor staff. A few of them have really gone out of their way making sure my loved one feels settled in and comfortable. I do think they feel a bit understaffed at time. The people they've got work hard, but they could use more help. I didn't get the same "hands on" feel from the management, and I think they could have done a better job with the move-in process and letting us know how everything works. However, my loved one seems happy and safe, so we are grateful for that.

very satisfied

We found the staff in different departments very cooperative. The check-in was very smooth. The nurse on duty was very professional.
The family had a meal hosted by Revera, which was well prepared and served.
All in all a good first impression. Thank you

A great experience

I took my time in replying as I wanted to know that I was evaluating the facility and not just my friend who was there. Initially, I was concerned as my friend had a difficult time finding her place and understanding the process of Leaside. I believe a new person moving in to Leaside, even though it is independent living, should have a more hands on approach by the staff thus causing less confusion and fear. My friend became terrified and required reassurance often.

Now 6 weeks into the more she is much less demanding of our attention and feels at home. She often has stories of what they do and I am thankful she is now having a more positive experience. She is happy, loves the meals and the movie nights, outside fires and lovely walks around the facility.

There will still be the odd concern but she is learning to talk with the staff and discuss issues. I am quite pleased with Leaside and thank A PLACE FOR MOM for their assistance in finding this facility. Cheri

Best place at a good price!

I can't say enough great things about Leaside. The staff is unbelievably helpful and considerate; always going above and beyond. The building is impeccable, the decor beautiful and the residents are happy!

A great community for seniors who are finding it difficult to remain in and take care of their home.

I have been very impressed by the facilities, care, and staff at Leaside Community Centre.

The smiles and friendliness of the staff and residents in addition to all that the community offers are what made me decide to apply for an apartment there on behalf of my parents.

In the almost 4 weeks they have been there, I have seen them thrive. They are exercising almost every day, participating in activities, socializing and making new , delicious, well-balanced meals, and being monitored by the nursing staff to ensure they are feeling well and staying healthy.

The only criticism I might have is that repairs that are needed are not always taken care of quickly. Often requests need to be made 3 or 4 times before something is fixed. However, it is a large community and that could be part of the reason. Certainly, having strong self-advocacy skills or a family member to advocate for the resident's needs is very helpful.

Extremely pleased

We have been extremely pleased with our choice of residence having visited 3 residences in total. Our Mother was extremely resistant in the beginning and with the assistance of the entire Team there, 5 weeks in - she has settled and is very much enjoying herself.

It is a very friendly and caring atmosphere.

While communication and coordination seemed lacking when our Mother first came to the residence, this is no longer the case.

Lack of communication

We had a bit of a rocky start but things have leveled out. My mother is not a voluntary resident but for her safety the decision was made to place her in Leaside.

Assistance to ease her into the home was not provided as promised. Her first couple of weeks there were stressful as all she wanted was to go home. Within a few days my mother did make some friends and enjoyed the social aspect of her new residence. She really enjoys the food and generally seems happy. The nurses and psw's are pleasant and usually have a smile on their face and great attitudes. It is a relief to have her cared for around the clock.

Generally all is good - my main complaint would be that communication is a major issue as it seems departments do not speak with each other and miscommunication abounds. It has taken us a bit to figure out how best to communicate - and it's still less than ideal - but when it is important the nurses do call to advise what it going on.

I've asked questions only to have it take days or weeks before I receive a response.

place has positive buzz

smaller bedroom affordable. pleasant staff and place has a positive buzz

Beware

Have a loved one in there right now. Basically no where else to go, so I am stuck leaving them in sub-optimal care facility.
Read my week to week experience
[removed]

STAY AWAY!!!

STAY AWAY!!! All they want is your money!
The place is infested with mice.
They make promises of how they will look after your loved one which all sound wonderful, but they are too understaffed to take proper care of them.
Good luck trying to get anyone to give you any information when you have questions.
I had to hire a private care giver to take care of my father so I knew he was being looked after properly this was in addition to the over $6,000 per month they were charging me to look after him.
THIS PLACE IS DISGUSTING!

Mum's Happy so we are happy!

We are happy with Leaside for our mum and would recommend it to others. Our mum is not interested in joining in any of the activities as she is not really interested in spending every day all day with the same group.(her words not mine) There are many shopping trips, at least 6 activities every day and special events like BBQ's, Strawberry Social etc quite often.

My mum isn't into socializing, but does love to walk. She has found Many routes to walk with lots of things to see. The mall is right around the corner, as is a community garden, 2 Tim Hortons and the Ontario Science Centre is walking distance (for her anyway).

The very fast reaction of the nursing staff was Incredible when mum unfortunately experienced a heart attack on her first week. On her return the rest of the staff were very solicitous and welcoming.

The setting is Spectacular and the gardens are beautiful and very well maintained. The Library is very well stocked and the coffee maker is always on (latte, cappucino, espresso and regular coffee is always available)

Not impressed

I would not recommend this facility for palliative care. They don't have the knowledge, skills, proper staff. In my opinion it is a bottom line business first and care is second. We were not impressed with the executive level, they also have a very confusing old fashioned billing system. When my father passed no one acknowledged or reached out to us from the facility at all. Though the bottom level staff are caring they aren't trained to handle palliative patients. I would not recommend this facility to anyone

Leaside has been great!

Leaside has been great! I haven't had any major complaints or concerns at this point. I would rate them highly, I see no reason not to give them a five. I have been very satisfied, with them.

Don't put your family member in this place!

[removed] The place is infested with mice. They are very understaffed and not equipped to deal with people with severe dementia. The Director of Health and Wellness will never return your phone calls or address your concerns. They promised me my Dad would be taken to participate in activities. That never happened! I had to hire a private care giver to get my Dad off the secured floor and make sure he was washed etc. You have to keep the door locked or the other residents enter the room and [removed] and [removed]. Even though his clothes etc. are labelled his belongings have gone missing and he has ended up with other people's things. The maintenance staff are rude and not at all helpful. My Dad was in hospital for 2 months before checking into Leaside and they kept us waiting over 4 hours in the lobby even though they knew we were coming. Even the front desk can't answer your questions. They make it seem wonderful when you take the tour, but this place is the worst!

It is the best place I've ever seen.

It is the best place I've ever seen. It's clean, the people are very friendly. I go visit and participate is some activities and they have tons of good quality entertainment and activities. The food is good. The grounds are beautiful. It has a good feel, and even the other residents are always saying they are so happy. It's like living in a resort, it's the best place. There is lots of space and she has lots of room to walk around.

Worst possible experience for my mother

This was the worst possible experience.

My mother was placed on the dementia floor. Staff did not monitor the other clients closely and on several occasions a resident walked into my mother's room uninvited and then were difficult to remove from the room.

Rooms had mice in them and were not kept clean. Urine soaked clothing was left on the floor of the room by staff, making the smell of urine in the room unbearable. Filthy laundry bags were left in the halls outside the rooms long enough that the smell of urine permeated in the carpeting in the halls. It was a disgusting environment.

Several complaints were made to the Executive director. On each complaint I was given dismissive excuses such as "...well we are on a ravine, so we get alot of mice in here." and "...we clean the rooms every week". The latter explanation was simply untrue. there was more than a weeks worth of grime and dirt in my mother's room.

If you can avoid going to this or any facility operated by Revera, I strongly advising seeking another option.

Following up from our visit to Leaside Revera.
We had a wonderful visit, Grace was just lovely.
I was very impressed with the place! She loved it too and could totally see herself there. We looked a nice vacant one bedroom for $3400/month. Annita is worried about cost. Upon later reflection: didn't like the area, not keen on meal.

At Revera – Leaside in Toronto, residents discover a lifestyle that’s as gracious, unique and spirited as they are. In this retirement community, the attentive and skilled staff put their focus squarely on the comfort and well being of their residents.

Leaside offers a variety of studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom suites for independent living, as well as dedicated assisted living and secure memory care floors. Residents enjoy delicious meals with menu options, 24-hour security, fire and safety systems, inviting amenities, and diverse arts, leisure and fitness programs.

The Leaside neighbourhood offers just as much diversity. The residence, which backs onto beautiful Taylor Creek with its lush ravine setting, is conveniently close to great restaurants, shopping, a library and a seniors’ centre. At Leaside, residents find it easy to be at their best in retirement living.

Leaside is part of the Revera family, one of North America’s leading and most trusted providers of seniors’ accommodation, care and services since 1961.