Kateras Cove is a definite DO NOT USE

Hello: Please do not consider using this care facility. It was a complete nightmare. Just a few things I witnessed in my loved one's very short stay there: Large pot of boiling water left completely unattended. Maintenance worker yelling at male resident [Removed]. I found my loved one curled up on a leather couch in the winter with only a T shirt and cotton pants - no socks, and the man next to him had my loved one's socks on! I witnessed a resident opening a kitchen cupboard and drinking maple syrup from the bottle - when I told the caregiver, she said "oh, he does that all the time". There are zero activities for those on the dementia units. He lost A LOT of weight while there - mostly due to not being encouraged to eat - I had to fight tooth and nail for the doctor to write an order for ensure. These are just some of the horrible experiences there. I realize our choices are very limited when trying to find a facility to take care of those we care about, but please find somewhere else.

Staff are wonderful!

When we visit the staff are always friendly and helpful. The community is very bright and cheery. They offer a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy. Mom has said she's eating too much because the food is great!

This home was o k but seemed a little hodgepoge

Was not impressed

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I wasn't impressed by what I saw here. It wasn't a terrible place, but it was definitely not up to the standards of cleanliness and professionalism that I had seen at other communities in the area. I would recommend skipping this one.

Would NOT recommend

We toured this community and I was very unimpressed by what I saw here. I would not recommend them at all. When I entered the facility there was a very heavy smoke smell, it was obvious someone on the staff smokes frequently. The facility itself was not clean, and I saw residents that were obviously in need of a change of clothes. Avoid this one.

Should not be in business

My father had to be taken and admitted to a hospital on more than 1 occasion due to the poor care he received at Katera's Kove The facility is nothing like their advertisement & claims. The clients are basically warehoused there while receiving minimal care. The staff is overwhelmed with their responsibilities because there aren't enough of them present. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Very bad experience

We did not have a good experience here. My loved one ended up being sent to the hospital in a state of extreme dehydration, and he did not end up making it. I don't blame the caregivers directly, they were trying, but there were not enough of them and the staff turnover was so high it seemed nobody was ever sure of their exact responsibilities. Based on our experience I could no recommend this place to anyone.

Sometimes seniors can no longer take care of their residential home and need a place to live on a regular basis. Therefore, they may have to be placed in a facility that can assit them with their regular needs. KateraÆs Cove is a family owned and operated business located in Wampum Pennsylvania. The facility offers services for people who can no longer live independantly on their own. KateraÆs Cove offers help and a pleasant environment for a variety of residents. Think of KateraÆs Cove as an extended family available to help with a variety of daily needs. Semi-private rooms are available at Katera's Cove. The facility will provide meals, transportation to medical appointments, laundry services and on site activities. The facility is located on 599 Norwood Drive in Big Beaver Borough, Wampum Pennsylvania. Amenities at Katera's Cove include 2 snacks a day, activities, regular outings, movies, hair salon and on site chapel. The facility offers spacious and well manicured lawns. The facility is located on 25 acres of beautiful ground. In addition, a medical doctor is on call to assist with any possible emergency. KateraÆs Cove will provide specialized and presonal care to each resident on a daily basis. Each resident will have the feeling that they are surrounded by warm and caring people. Tours of the facility are available upon request. Please visit the company website at www.kateraskove.com. Email inquiries may be sent to [email protected] You can call the KateraÆs Cove facility direct at (724)-891-6055.