Jones Manor on the Sound - Bayville, NY

The location near Long Island Sound was ya best feature. The interior lounge was dark as were the rooms. Cigarette cuts were visible in garden area and seemed like they were there a long time. Overall it seemed like it needs an overhaul and clean up.

I barely got through the tour as the stench was so awful. The residents were unkept and unengaged. It is an awful place and I would NEVER put my mother in a facility such as this.

Not too nice

My aunt is here for 2 years and i have to say i hate seeing her in this place I only visit on weekends and everyone just sleeps in their wheelchairs No activities ever going on maybe during the week it's different.

Not too nice

My aunt is a resident here for 2 years , it is short staffed for sure and not the cleanest place. The activities are lacking especially on the weekends. Mostly the residents just seem to sit around and sleep. But due to the price that's why she's living here.

TLC

We are happy with the care from this community. The staff is caring and caring, but sometimes seems to be understaffed. The menu is very good, They offer a nice menu and the activities are offered for the residents who are able to participate with the other residents.t. We would recommend this community for good care. They had what we were looking for.

The place smells and is actually not well maintained at all. Staffing levels seem inadequate and staff is always different , they cant seem to keep people there.

Nice place, has all the basic necessities, not fancy medication management, activities etc. Shared bathroom between two single rooms, clean.
Small place, the staff seem to know the residents.

We are very happy with the great care that our Aunt is receiving here. The staff are always attentive and caring to her needs. The meals are very good and she seems to enjoy them. The staff does offer activites for her to stay active. We like that the community was very clean. We are happy to see the care that is received here and would recommend others to come here for great care and value.

Everything is Working Out Pretty Well For Us Here

I really like this community, and my mother in law is doing very well. I know she is safe and being cared for well at this community, The staff is lovely, they have been great to work with. Every time I come to visit, and some times I just show up, but the community always looks great. Also my mother in law looks nice, they do a good job with her personal care. If I knew anybody that needed this type of care, I would recommend them to this community. It is a lovely community.

Great choice

We could not be happier with the care the staff at Rosewood
has provided for my mother, they are helpful and caring.
The facility is always well maintained. They keep her busy with activities and that makes me feel we made the right choice.

Safe at Home

Mom has been at Rosewood on the sound for two years now. She has progressed nicely since being there. She had been at another facility prior to her stay at Jones. I would say the main difference between the facilities is what you cant see. I was drawn to this facility by the smaller number of residents. The personal care is really as close to being home as possible. Everyone, and I mean everyone there goes out of their way to accommodate the residents constantly. I watch even when no one knows, and I am confident that my mother is in a place that allows me to breathe easy. The owners are personally involved and the people in charge of running this facility are of the highest quality. If you need you can call me at [removed].

So far so so good

So far so so good at Jones Manor on the Sound. He is doing well and seems to enjoy it. He likes the outings that they have. He is not so much into the social group activities. He would rather not be there of course but that has nothing to do with facility itself. Everything seems good here overall so far.

We really loved it at Jones Manor on the Sound. But we found a better and much cheaper facility that was more convenient. We really loved this facility. It really felt homey here. There are fewer residents which really makes it nice. I do wish it was more fenced in so mom could wander around the grounds more. She loves to be outside. The person who took us on the tour was so so nice. Overall we loved this facility we just had to go with a different one that was a better fit.

watch out

I researched 5 facilities, and chose Jones Manor, in Bayville,Long Island for my Dad. I thought it was the best place for him, and his dementia issues. Boy, was I wrong on our choice !
Remember you get what you pay for... a lot better places for a loved one for you to consider

Friendly, caring staff

I think they do a great job overall at Jones Manor. The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the atmosphere was pleasant. Christina Perez, the marketing person we worked with, was interested and attentive to the needs of our loved one. I felt the care staff were just very perceptive in general about my loved one's needs and how best to care for him.

Visited on a Sunday Morning,only saw a couple of residents(0nly 42 at the time.)area's looked clean and staff seemed friendly.decor was very basic and not to home like in rooms and out.Told that they are redecorating.Price was reasonable as compared to other assited living homes. Still on my list for now.

I like that they are able to handle the more difficult level of care.

I like that they are able to handle the more difficult level of care. It's working out pretty good so far, for the most part. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The shared bathroom thing is rough though. I am pretty happy with them so far though. I don't have any major concerns.

Didn't like the look of this one

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. Overall I just was not impressed by what I saw here. It wasn't the worst place we saw, but it was not some place that I would have considered placing my loved one.

Seemed very nice, cheerful ...

Seemed very nice, cheerful - Didn't like 1 bathroom to be shared by 4 elderly people. Didn't get to speak with any residents. - Liked 1 floor -no stairs or elevator. Rate 3 stars until I see more