Frustrated.

My mother has been there for 2 months and I have had problems with laundry of her items, either missing or find her wearing someone else's clothes. Lost glasses, (found as of yesterday). Not using her hearing aids or either in her ears with dead batteries or the loss prevention loop I had installed on them torn($135. to repair) , detachable foot pegs on her transport chair missing (hv been replaced but aren't the ones that came with the chair. The medication system has created add'l cost to the ins coverage for the meds. I think the staff puts on presence of caring & friendliness but is stretched thin.Very dissatisfied and hope to move her soon. I wish I would have read more of the reviews before I placed her there. I somehow missed the $1,500 move in fee in the initial tour. Get all that straight before deciding a move in for someone.

Tour for care

This was a nice tour. The staff was nice and the community was clean. It was very busy at this time of the tour so we were not able to get more information on the services that are offered. We would suggest that families tour the community for the care for a family member.

Really good feeling!

Mom was only there for about a month, but the staff was great. They were getting her involved with the activities and going down to the dining hall to mingle. The community was always kept nice and clean. I felt really good about this community and the people.

Walked Out Before The Tour!

The Inwood crossing was not welcoming at all. When we first arrived, we had to wait for a while to be let in the because they couldn't get the gate open. As soon as we walked in, the place did not have a welcoming, positive atmosphere. There were a bunch of residents wondering around in on room. We walked out before the tour guide showed up, this place was not what we were looking for at all.

Although they are in the later stages of a remodel the environment is still clean and safe. Staffed with caring individuals who were attentive and engaging.

pleased overall

I am pleased overall with Inwood Crossing. The staff is very nice. They seem to be doing as good as I think they can do with what they have to deal with. There has been one incident that i wasn't happy with. He had a watch that had a lot of sentimental value that has disappeared. I think it was taken by someone that lives there. I hear that is common in these memory care facilities. That is my biggest problem. They had a way that he could get outside more and now they have an issue the gate and no longer can. I really wish he could get outside on his own more like he used to. Overall if I have a complaint they take care of it. The price of this facility is much better than anyone else's.

I toured here along with Harvest Home, the Assisted Living section. Residents were out & about, several activities ongoing. Place is very clean and homey.

This was a smaller scale community with a welcoming fireplace

This was a smaller scale community with a welcoming fireplace in the foyer when you enter. It was very clean. The staff weren't as friendly as at other communities, but the staff were taking care of the residents. It was very homey feeling. There was a little bit of sticker shock since this was only the second community we visited, we have to look at the complete package not just the living space. We went during the evening, and did not see actual activities going on, but they were scheduled for all to enjoy, to encourage interaction, including painting as a form of expressing feelings.

Staff were very open & receptive.
Resident environment could use upgrade.

Run of the Mill Community

We did not have an exceptional experience with this community. It seems that they have a caring staff however they are spread thin and have quite a workload. This community was very clean but the activities were not as we expected. Their care services also were not as we expected. My Mom recently passed away and we've had a hard time retrieving some of her personal items that were left behind.

caring and friendly staff.

They are doing awesome.

They are doing awesome. We are very happy with them. There are no complaints about the food. There seem to be plenty of activities. The price is pretty fair for what we get, they are a good value. They are doing a great job.

4 stars

The residents at inwood crossing are unforgettable. I saw much love, concern and compassion by staff for the residents. The nurses and caretakers were all over the place. It was a fun and busy atmosphere while i visited family. I would recommend this community. Down side was seeing the kitchen as i came down the hall.It looked like cramped quarters and no where to put anything. After questioning staff i found out there is a new kitchen in the works so this is only temporary.
Thank you am staff for loving and caring so well for Grandpa!

Please Read

My Mother went into Inwood Crossing this year. She walked in on her
on, using the bathroom on her on, talking and eating herself. 47 days
later being in Inwood Crossing she could do none of these things. We were
called saying she had a bladder infection (which they call everything that) took
her to the emergency room with head injuries and bruises all over her body.
Some bladder infection. The day she went to the emergency room so could
no longer walk on her on, talk, eat for herself or go to the bathroom on her on.
We had to place her in a nursing home, and she died 48 days later. All but a few
employees stayed after this incident. (They scattered like roaches) They will tell you how beautiful this place is. (It is not really, go see for yourself) They lock residents in their room.
They have little if any supervision. If you can keep your loved one in your home. You love
them, they do not. It is a job that they get very little pay. I would never place any person
in any Meridian Facility. Unless you move in with them. When you question them, they do a quick cover up. I could go on and on. REPEAT stay away from any Meridian Facility. You are
just making them rich. That is the name of the game for this Company. I wish I had of had 20/20 vision. We would still have are Mother. Question to this Facility - HOW WOULD YOU WANT YOUR PARENT TREATED. NOT WHAT YOU DID TO MY MOTHER.

Not Good

I have to go based on my father-in-law because I have a very active 3 year old and and 8 year old and haven't made it to the community. My father-in-law is trying to pull my mother-in-law out of there because his report is that he's been there 3 times and they've had her locked in her room. He has complaints that there aren't enough staff. She'll be shrieking and then they have her drugged and she's out of it. Hospice is involved and they are recommending that she be moved to an SNF. I think the hospice nurses have gotten in altercations with the staff at Inwood Crossing.

I like this place concerned out all d...

I like this place concerned out all doors being locked inside

This would have been an ok option if ...

This would have been an ok option if he was a wanderer that we had to be concerned with security for, but this is not the case. Not as nice as Atria or Emeritus, but for a secure style facility I thought it was pretty good.

At Inwood Crossing we believe that Everyone Deserves a Great Life. We understand the needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s, and their families, and our mission is to provide the highest quality care in a warm, safe and comfortable environment, while viewing each new day as an opportunity.

The residents of Inwood Crossing make us who we are, and we are committed to providing the highest quality of life for them, as possible. “Everyone Deserves a Great Life” is not just a slogan; it is our philosophy. Every new day for the individual afflicted with a memory disorder is an opportunity: an opportunity to live, an opportunity to flourish, and an opportunity to redeem the gift of life that has been given.

At Inwood Crossing we believe that the onset of a memory disorder does not have to mean the end of an individual’s quality of life. We provide a full range of daily activities to stimulate cognitive function and to keep residents active, and healthy. Additionally, special additional activities such as parties and outings are scheduled every month to add to the already full schedule.