Brookdale San Antonio - San Antonio, TX

“Our team shares a willingness to help one another every day.” Nestled on a rolling hill in a quiet residential neighborhood, Horizon Bay Vibrant Retirement Living is conveniently located near USAA and Fredericksburg Road in the heart of the Medical Center area. The community is close to Huebner Oaks Shopping Center, near the area’s best dining and shopping opportunities.

Horizon Bay features its own library with aviary, private dining room, game area, fitness/rehab area, chapel, beauty/barber shop and two covered porches with rocking chairs and wicker furniture. Our spacious apartment homes offer kitchenettes, resident call system, emergency pull cords and seated shower stalls. Featuring convenient restaurant-style dining, our dining services offer regional offerings and an anytime dining menu. And you won’t have to worry about home maintenance or chores. Our staff takes care of all that for you, leaving you time to pursue your interests.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular programs include Strong for Life, Welcome Ambassadors, mind aerobics, “Sing-A-Long with Hila,” and happy hour.

Our Individualized Care Services (I-Care) offer a helping hand to residents who need assistance with activities of daily living or memory care. Our memory care program has new life stations and a dedicated and specially trained staff. Our custom programs provide compassionate care and meaningful interaction. Our staff is committed to helping those with memory loss maintain their independence and dignity for as long as possible.

Residents here are respected as individuals and encouraged to live life more meaningfully. Call us today to find out more.

If I'd had more time I would have looked at the Memory Unit. The general population would not be for my Mom. I did meet someone tonight at my friends company Christmas party who is looking to move her Mom to San Antonio. I am passing on my information packet to her.

My Aunt Loves It here

My aunt likes it here at this community, and she is doing great here. I do have some minor concerns about her not having her oxygen at times, but overall they have caring for her well. The staff is very friendly and caring. They have plenty of activities for residents to participate in. The meals are good, and well balanced. It is a little bit expensive, but I do feel we are getting our money worth. It is a community I would recommend to my family and friends.

Mom is very happy!

Mom is doing great since the move to Brookdale San Antonio. The staff are very friendly and caring. They have done a wonderful job working with mom. The community is nicely kept and mom is loving it. They have been fabulous since the beginning!

Attentive Staff!!

I was offered a complimentary meal during my tour of the community. I was not able to stay and enjoy the meal it was very nice of them to offer this. I was able to see the food menu for the community. The guide gave me all the necessary information about the place. They are pet friendly,activities are offered on site and off site. I would recommend a tour of the community to friends and family.

My Mother Is Doing Great At This Community, I'am Very Pleased

So far everything is working out very well for my mother here, I'am pleased with all they have done for us. She is doing great, and is happy here. They do a good with the cleanliness of the community as well as her room . The staff have been great, they are very helpful and responsive. She is trying a few activities, they offer many for her to choose from. The food is good, they have many choices for the residents to choose from. They provide great care. This is a community I would recommend.

Parents New Home

Mom loves Horizon Bay. Dad not so much. It's not that Horizon Bay is the issue. It's his life change he has to get used to.
Key high points:
- Food. Mom has literally not found anything she has not liked. She even compliments the water. Of course the key here is that she doesn't have to cook it or clean up the dishes.
- Staff. From day one, the staff has been extremely attentive and helpful. A family atmosphere.
- Ambience. Bright, colorful, clean and well maintained.
Horizon Bay was only the second place we toured, but it captured her after 30 seconds. The tenants all seemed happy and at home. Several tenants stopped and welcomed us. All had wonderful comments on their home and staff. And everyone seems to take pride in their appearance and clothing.
We couldn't be more happy and relieved that our parents are in such a nice place and are being well taken care of. I highly recommend Horizon Bay.

Tour

As soon as we took the tour we realized that this would be the perfect fit.

They Took Care Of Me

They really took care of me because it was a traumatic experience putting both of my parents in memory care at the same time. But they do need to improve on their billing process, because that was a nightmare, but they're still working on it. But they really took me under their wings and made the process a little less painful for me.

great group activities

I think that the group activities the residents participate in, such as Bingo and sing-alongs... all these are very positive for them. Also eating together is a big plus too, which they do. They are just great and I'm very happy with everything overall.

I really like it so far.

I really like it so far. They are very receptive to wanting to help. The people are pretty friendly. You can tell they definitely care about their residents. She seems really happy with the food, and activities. For the price point this was definitely at the top of the list, for us.

this place is structurally open and inviting. Residents look happy and cheerful like the staff. We dropped in on Sunday and the staff was organized and accommodating. The rooms are also spacious and bright. Looks very clean and comfortable.

I am happy with it, and mom is very happy with it.

They are very, very nice. I am happy with it, and mom is very happy with it. The food is very, very good. We chose them based on word of mouth. Someone else spoke so highly of this place that we picked it, it was also at the right price for our budget. This has worked out very nicely, and we are happy we found them.

excellent home

Horizon Bay is so responsive to our requests. They are short staffed at moments and this can be problematic. I do wish they provided more beauty services. We have had some transportation issues as they only offer it two days a week. The director is very responsive to any issues we have had. They have really provided an excellent home here!

This is another facility that has seen a little wear and tear... however it is still nice. The entranceway is much bigger than some other locations and tends to be it's focal point with a two-story balcony overlook. The color scheme was sort of yellow which obviously is one of the reasons it is expecting a cosmetic update very soon according to the lady that gave me the tour. The dining room is nice but not great. When I arrived I'm not sure they were expecting me however a young lady did come out and give me a very nice tour in an overview. This was one of the facilities that actually had a suite with a additional bedroom available. On this on my scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a 7 1/2.

A really nice place.

The food is very good. Some more activities would be nice, as far as I am concerned all they have is bingo. I picked it because it was clean and friendly and just really nice. There are places to gather, like social gathering spots where you can sit and have coffee.

I liked the rooms - had an ...

I liked the rooms - had an actual kitchen sink. The other facilitates didn't have this. I also liked that they plan to move from alarm pulls on the walls to pendants that the residents can wear. Several residents on the common areas and they were very friendly and happy

The food is good, she loves the food.

It's old and in the process of being redone, but for what it is it's a little over priced. Once the renovations are done it will be better, I think. The response time can be a little slow. The food is good, she loves the food. We like that it's close to the medical center, and we liked the size of rooms they are pretty spacious.

Great place

I've been really impressed with the staff here. All of the staff, from the director to the attendants, have been professional, caring, concerned, approachable, and accessible. I looked at quite a few communities during my search, and this was somewhere that I really felt I could trust to take good care of my loved one.

Think Twice!

[removed] Large 1 bdrm, 620sf for under $2k. Room recently remodeled. Good light.

[removed] Food quality very poor. Kitchen often runs out of items, and off hours dining not available as advertised. AC units are old, noisy, and smell bad. Large bath has no heat source. Common areas showing wear such as stained and torn carpeting. Large covered patio at rear of facility is not maintained.

Nice, Clean, Expensive

It appeared to be clean and nice but it was quite a bit more expensive.

We put a deposit down...

We put a deposit down because the price of the studio was only 1534 compared to usual 2300! We walked in an saw a photo frame that said 'Welcome [My Mother's Name] Family'. Our tour and talk began in the Library, which she will love and of course we loved the cookies and popcorn. I know our kids will love to visit he there. The room we are getting is 206 and will be upgraded. I have talked to Jessica a few times and the last time she asked me to pass the message on to our son that she wished him good luck on his STAAR test. :)

went on tour of this place, we like it

went on tour of this place, we like it

Really liked! One of two top choices.

Really liked! One of two top choices.

Taking mom over Thurs. to attend thei...

Taking mom over Thurs. to attend their pre-fiesta kick-off. Added new memory care community, just now opening.Like this place very much, may be what we are looking for.

We really loved this facility! The d...

We really loved this facility! The director was so helpful and sweet. I would highly recommend Horizon Bay.

This also looks very similar to Water...

This also looks very similar to Waterford and Madison Estates, however this looks as though it is not ALL INCLUSIVE so you could pick and chose the services you want which might make it cheaper.

Nice, birds, more tailored to women.

Nice, birds, more tailored to women.