Hope greeted me when I arrived for my scheduled tour. She was very gracious and patient in listening to my family situation and concerns regarding my mother. Hope was able to answer all my questions. The facility was clean and has a relaxed atmosphere. The residents that I encountered seem comfortable and pleasant. They seem to have a nice rapport with the staff. I was pleased with the facility.

It's like a big happy family!!

The staff itself was the reason that we chose Brookdale. They are so sincere and caring. They even visited my loved one in physical therapy before we even made our decision. They personalize the care to make feel like family. The food there is great, and my husband and I love the cookies!

A perfect fit!

My mother really likes the meals provided in the Brookdale. She says they are much better than the place she was at before. The lady that helps me from the administration has been very good if I have any questions or concerns she gets back to me right away. We are happy with the way things are going so far.

Location too Far for Us, but Tour Went Well

This is a nice facility, and my tour of it went well. Everything appeared to be clean, and well maintained. The staff was kind to my family, and myself. It was a pleasant experience. There were many factors that played into where to move my father too. Unfortunately the location of this community was too far for us to travel too.

Clean, nice appearing community, but a bit pricey. They do not provide transportation to dialysis and I was told that dialysis patients do not need a special diet. Unfortunately, these were deal-breaker items. The food that a dialysis patient eats is probably the most critical component of their healthcare ... other than the dialysis.

A tour to remember

This is a nice community that is very. The staff was nice and caring. We were happy that our questions were answered. I did not see activities that could be offered. The menu seemed to be appealing. The community was nice and clean. I did want a bigger community, but would suggest families seek there own opinion for care.
\

Good fit!!

The community has been a good fit for my mother in law. She is still getting acclimated to the place, but they take very good care of her. She has a steady nurse that helps her and tends to her needs. The building is always kept very clean, no complaints. The only time I have tried the meals is when we first moved into the community. They were very good and portioned well. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good comfortable place for their loved one.

Nice Tour, But To Far For Us

I had a nice tour of this community. My tour went well, this is a nice community. The staff was friendly and kind. They were informative and answered my questions. Location was a main factor in deciding where to move my mother too. This community was a little to far for our families to travel. This is a good community with friendly.

Hoping For Home Cooked Meals

I am happy with the care that is provided here. I had our first meeting with the staff. I suggested they make home cooked meals, food that is familiar to the residents. I would really liked to see a change. I have also heard other Brookdales provide transportation, this place only helps if it is once in awhile appointments. Otherwise my dad is attempting some activities and the staff have been wonderful.

Detailed Tour!!

The tour of the community was wonderful, the complex was kept very clean and the bedrooms where beautiful. The staff answered all of our questions in detail and where very informative with the information they provided us. I would defiantly recommend this facility to any family in need of additional care.

I would not recommend this community!!!

We would drive farther away just to avoid going to this community. We did not like the way the staff interacted with some of the residents. The rooms they showed us belonged to residents that still lived there but were not currently home. This community is terrible.

Needs More Activities!!

When i went to tour the community they were actually in the middle of a shift change. All of the residents just seemed to be all over and they didn't know what was going on. It was a very hectic atmosphere. I thought it was clean and the staff were nice with me. I did notice that there was also a very strong odor to the community. I would recommend they tried paying more attention to the residents during a shift change, so they won't be very confused.

My Mother Is Doing Very Well Here

Everything is working out pretty well for my mother here at this facility. The have a lovely staff here, they have been very friendly and accommodating. She is participating in some of the activities they offer. She hasn't complained about the food, so I assume its good. They are providing her with great care. It is a kind community and I would recommend it.

An older community but well kept up. Staff goes out of their way to be helpful. Feel like my family member is in good hands.

Thelma Jo Higdon 's Brookdale Intro

The Brookdale staff understands they make a daily difference for our loved one. What truly matters is quality of life that is happy & secure for Mother. The individualized attention given is key to this end result.

Dissapointed.

SIgned agreement and took our money then cancelled at last minute when I was traveling w my mother to Texas. Stress was great on family due to their actions. Still have not recieved all of what was paid.

Very nice looking place, very expensive

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Brookdale was an extremely nice looking facility, and the staff all seemed very friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive, and not in the price range that we were looking in.

liked the facilities and the price for the double room and that they will be able to meet his needs regarding 24 hour care is great. I'm hoping he recovers enough to take him to Encore 3 -5 days a week for companionhip & mental stimulation.

1. Some of the most caring staff--across the board--we've met in any facility.
2. Superb rates.
3. Rooms a little on the small size although the one we visited was empty.

Friendly and Caring Staff

The Brookdale Plano is a very good place and the staff is very friendly and caring. Great Location and the facility is clean and safe. I would recommend it to others. Great place to be.

I am very impressed.

They are fantastic. She didn't want to go at first, but now she is very happy there. It sounds like a country club to me. They let her bring her dog. They are a great over there. Everyone is so nice. I am very impressed.

Really small rooms, and a small community.

This was a really small community. They only had something like 32 rooms, and the rooms were very small. They were very nice, and friendly, just not the right size for us. We wanted there to be more residents to socialize with.

Nice looking assisted living care

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, and the staff all seemed very friendly as well. However, it was also one of the more expensive places that we toured. It wasn't an option for us since they did not provide the level of memory care that our loved one required. If you can afford it and you are only interested in assisted living it looked like a very nice place, though!

Meal presentation and flavor could be...

Meal presentation and flavor could be better but it is acceptable.

Too expensive

Too expensive

It's good.

It’s good -which is about all there is to say about this community. The staff is very friendly and it’s exceptionally clean. It’s worth the money and there are enough activities. The care services meet our needs.

Good memory care

My loved one is in the memory care section at Horizon Bay, and so far our experience has been a good one. The staff are all very friendly and accommodating, whenever I visit they seem to really give a lot of attention and care to their memory care residents. I'd like to see them have a few more options when it comes to the visiting physicians they work with, just to give families more options and choices.

Low Light, Low Participation

I absolutely LOVED Kristen. She was compassionate and understanding; she went above and beyond in helping me and making me feel welcome and if only based on her, this facility would be a winner. There was an extremely GREAT promotion going on and having all private rooms was a plus. HOWEVER, the facility was very dimly lit, the lighting was very low with very few windows. The number of those participating in the group activities was very low and those actually there were barely participating. My father was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's over 4 years ago and is currently only 69 and very healthy. Most of the residents I could see were MUCH older, using walkers or wheelchairs and were way more advanced in their disease than my father. I couldn't see my father fitting in.

Visit to Horizon Bay in Plano Texas

I am working with Kristin at Horizon Bay in Plano Texas. She is a very kind and understanding representative. I toured the memory care unit and found it to my family's likings. We are going through a hard time with my 85 year old mother and I can tell with Kristin's input that this facility would be a good choice for my loved one.

I recommend it as an option for anybody!

We were not there very long, they were very accommodating. They were really good about activities and getting her involved, even though she was not very capable of participating much. There really isn't anything that could have been better, the only thing I can think of is it would be nice if there were more outdoor courtyard space. The staff was friendly and very accommodating and inviting, I recommend it as an option for anybody!

Caring Staff

The administration and staff really care about the residents and do their best to get to know them and make them happy. They are receptive to suggestions and work hard to make sure the resident and family are satisfied with the care.

Very quiet. Saw few reside...

Very quiet. Saw few residents. Nothing seemed to be going on. I also visited the memory care unit and those there were WAY past mom's condition.

Mallet Family

Kristin was terrific in our decision making process

Very Happy and Functioning Well

Overall, she is very happy to be there. Food is very good. She is happy to have all of needs met. We feel very good about the staff. We have had some difficulty getting the orders for meds translated quickly into their system. That has been a little struggle. They also implied that they had several more activities than they actually have, and that might be because she is one of the more functional people there at this point. Apart from that, she is functioning much better than she did on her own.

Open Doors

We were looking at the assisted living and the memory care. My mom was on the verge of Alzheimers and my dad was with her all the time but she was wanting to wander. All the doors here were wide open so she could just walk out. Also, my dad couldn't live in memory care with her. It was more expensive too.

We chose Horizon Bay...

We chose Horizon Bay because it is located close to family members and also because of the care services they provide to residents with Alheimer's.

This is a nice facility. It is smalle...

This is a nice facility. It is smaller in number of residents in assisted living and memory care. They are beginning renovations and should be finished in 3 months. They have an impressive system of med distrubtion - cart with meds has computer on board with charts for each resident including a photo of the resident and meds. This will help prevent meds being given to wrong resident. No other facility has this system. Meds come from OmniCare, not Trinity so probably are cheaper. Rooms are smaller than Atria and Prestonwood Court but the one bedroom will work. Clean, staff interaction with residents was good. Sweet little man in the lobby was precious. We visited for a while and he likes it there. Memory care was clean and there was no bad smell. 1/7 ratioin AL. Currently has 4 alzheimer residents in AL out of the 30 living there. Capacity is 40. Memory Care has capacity for 22 residents. Not full at this time. New Director and new Marketing person.Question the turnover at the facility. In house Home Health Care/Physical Therapy called ISC. Has mobile dentist that comes by, doctor comes, LVN nurse on site manages meds and aids. Has a homey atmosphere. Beautiful grounds.

I toured with director. Beautiful, l...

I toured with director. Beautiful, loved the studio apartment. Big enough for bed, dresser, chair & TV. Kitchen had sink, microwave & small frig. Private bathroom with sit-in shower. Individual thermostat. Good-sized window over-looking next-door patio. Nice dining room. A lot of women residents who looked friendly & happy. Major concerns are staircase, location Balcony with open staircase. Unclear about whether staff is watching floor at night, concerned about her wandering at night. Location is farther away from me.

Visited - reasonable rates but could ...

Visited - reasonable rates but could detect no activitity among Alheimer's patients.

Onsite physical/occupational therapy ...

Onsite physical/occupational therapy Build your own "living" plan, no regimented schedule.

Beautiful facility that is scheduled ...

Beautiful facility that is scheduled for a full remodel, not sure why. The rooms are nice and large. The facility is spotless. An overall nice environment. It did have this "corporate" feel to it. I like the idea that they have a Geriatric MD on staff.

Horizon Bay Assisted Living & Memory Care is conveniently located and just minutes from state-of-the-art medical care, shopping and entertainment.

Our apartment-style community offers all the amenities of home without the work.

With our scheduled transportation and dining services, there are opportunities to make new friends or entertain old ones right outside your front door.