Brookdale Bossier City - Bossier City, LA

“Going above and beyond is the motto of every team member at Bossier City. Their passion and love for our residents is evident in all that they do.” Horizon Bay in Bossier City is located near I-220 and Airline Drive, close to medical services, shopping and restaurants. Our 84 apartments include studios and one- and two-bedrooms units and pets are welcome. The lovely and spacious apartments have large, walk-in closets and feature handicapped-accessible showers. Plus, our community has everything you need, including our own beauty shop right on the first floor.

Our resident programs keep residents engaged and offer opportunities to participate in meaningful activities. Two very popular programs here are Strong for Life and Mind Aerobics. Residents like to gather in their neighborhoods for a game of cards or to savor a cup of coffee with friends. The lounge area is often filled with residents exercising, putting together puzzles or listening to a performer. Our dining programs are proud to serve a variety of healthy menu options that feature fresh, regional cuisine. We’ll even pull nutritional information about our meals for you and for your physician to help with your dietary regimen.

For those who need assistance with daily activities, our highly trained staff creates a personalized program tailored to supplement each resident’s level of independence.

Residents with Alzheimer’s or related memory challenges reside in a supportive environment with familiar surroundings. Families can have full confidence that loved ones will receive the care they need in a caring environment. Our aim is to help maintain each person’s unique sense of self by honoring their life experiences through tailored programs, personalized care and positive interactions.

Call or come by today to see all that we have to offer!

Penny Cardino was absolutely wonderful! She took a genuine interest in my in-laws. My father in law was not there and in hospital 5 weeks post stroke. She offered to help get him in to a better rehab facility that will ensure he gets the quality of care he deserves and with our permission, monitor his progress so that when he's ready to get out of rehab, Brookdale will be aware of his issues/challenges and be prepared to offer the level of care he requires. She listened to my Mother in law and provided honest, genuine responses to her fears and concerns. We thought Mother would never agree to Assisted Living though they desperately need that support. At the end of today, Mother is agreeable to giving it a try and talking positively about our visit. Thank you Brookdale for having such a wonderful Sales Manager.

A tour for care

I have been to this community for a tour for care. I was only able to see a small part of the community at this time. We did like the staff and the community is small for care. They are making the community bigger for more rooms to be added to care. They menu was available with healthy choices. We like the home cooking and so many nice choices. We would recommend this community for other families.

Good Facility Overall

My mother is doing fairly well since her move to this community. We do feel she is safe, and in good hands overall. They have nice staff, and they have been attentive, and helpful. The only issue we have had, is in the beginning with the move in process things could have gone smoother. We had to wait longer then expected for her apartment. Other than that issue everything has gotten better now. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. It is a community I would recommend.

Beautiful Property!!

I thought this property was very pretty and had a lot of great amenities to offer there residents. The staff does a great job at keeping the community very clean and well maintained. Overall we had a very pleasant experience during our tour, it just was not the right location or fit for my mother.

A good fit!

I would recommend the Brookdale Bossier City because it has been a good experience for my loved one. They check on him very often and they give him good choices in meals to chose from as well as take it up to his room. The facility is very clean and they clean his room every Friday. It's going very well.

Beautiful but not right for mom

I toured this community. I liked it and it was beautiful. I knew as soon as I saw it it wouldn't be a good fit for my mom. It's two story and I felt like it would be too busy for her.

Mom is Well

My mom is well at this community. She being provided with good care,and I'am pleased. Everyone has been very accommodating, and helpful. They have really provided me with a peace of mind knowing she is safe. I would recommend this community.

Mom's Care

This is a great care community for my mom to get wonderful care from alot of great caring staff members who care alot. This community is very clean and nice. My mom seems to be happy with the meals and variety. She is not participating in the activities at this time. I have highly recommended this community others families for outstanding care and value.

Attentive Staff

Mr. Tubbs was only at Brookdale for 2 weeks. He did end up needing more care then they were able to provide. During the time he was there, this was a pleasant experience for us. It is a nice community. Their staff is kind and helpful, and they are really good at what they do They were very attentive and nice. They have great activities for the residents to do, and they take very good care of their residents. This would be a community that I would recommend for the right person.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Brookdale has been somewhat mixed. On the individual level they've got some great people working for them, but at a corporate level they can be difficult to work with.

Not what we are paying for.

My relative often complains that no one cleans the apartment or when they do they don't do a good job. The maintenance man took over a year to replace a grab bar in the bathroom and only did so when my brother complained to him in person. My relative had complained for over a year.

The food is sparse and is often cold when served. Often times they run out.

People enter the apartment without knocking often embarrassing occupant who may not be dressed. If they do knock, the occupant doesn't hear them because they don't knock loudly enough.

Staff turnover is constant. Improvements need to be made. And now the fee is going up.

doesn't live up to the "sales pitch"

There is no orientation for someone first moving into the community, so it takes a good while & a lot of questions to get information. Usually takes more than one complaint to get something accomplished. Usual reply is that "someone called in sick" or "they were short-handed"; apparently they have no back-up when someone calls in sick.

They do have some excellent nurses and caretakers, but there are also several who do as little as they can get by with.

Lunchtime meals are very good & nutritious; however, evening meal is not. (example: bologna sandwich, chips & fruit). They also run out of lot of items by the end of the month.

mom is doing well

My mother is staying there and she really likes her apartment and is doing well.

A nice and clean facility.

The Horizon Bay Bossier City is a nice, and clean facility. We have been with them for about a month. The only thing is that the wait staff could be friendlier. They rush the residents out. My loved one finished her meal before she received a drink. They should be more attentive. Other than that, everything has been going really good. I would recommend the Horizon Bay Bossier City to anyone. It's a nice place.

Very friendly and helpful.

I visited this community as I was looking into options. I really enjoyed the employees and administration, they were all very friendly and helpful! The thing I did not like was the set up of the rooms and that there was not much diversity at all.

It was a pleasant visit

My time here was a short experience, sort of like a vacation. The staff was well trained to help with the residence care overall, and the were very friendly as well. Unfortunately my father grew ill and we ended his time there to pursue more appropriate services, which was a nursing home.

very impressed

I am very happy with what I have seen over the last two months at Horizon Bay Bossier City. I am very happy and very pleased with the experience so far. The staff is just fantastic. They have really impressed me with how friendly and helpful they are, not only for my mom, but also for myself and my brother. It is a very nice clean facility. I have been very impressed!

very helpful

With the incident that I had, we had to drop everything, go get mom, and get her set up fast, and the people at Horizon Bay Bossier City were very helpful, understanding of the stress we were under, and really bent over backwards and went out of their way to help with out a lot with the entire process.

Very welcoming with warm smiles and hearts

My family has had to deal with this unexpected issue 5 states away. We had to drop everything and help my mom out. Not knowing what to do or even where to go, the internet help. Found "A Place for mom" which helped me found Horizon Bay. The folks there have been so helpful and understanding of our issue. We were treated like family not a customer, which is huge in this situation. Mom feels very welcomed by everyone from the staff to residences. Rooms are nice and spacious. Every residence is greeted by staff when passed in the hallways by last name. (Mr. Mrs. and etc) Dining area is nice and service is wonderful. Again everyone is greeted with small talk. Very welcoming.