White Oaks at Heritage Woods of South Elgin #1 - South Elgin, IL

We were thoroughly impressed with Heritage Woods; the facility is pristine, there is ample parking, and it is easy to get to. [name removed] was extremely courteous and all of the staff greet us as if we had been frequent visitors. Even the residents welcomed us told us jokes; you instantly feel welcome and at ease. [name removed] took the time to explain everything in great detail complete with a welcome packet. (Something that the other two locations did not offer) Everything was clean and well maintained; in addition to the basics, they had a fitness center, library computer area, multiple common areas, and even had a small on-site store as well as a salon. There is even a Dairy Queen on the opposite end of the parking lot for those hot summer days... Heritage Woods is by far the best location we've visited and should be at the top of your search list if you are looking in this area.

Not A Great Fit For Us

We walked into Heritage Woods to set up a tour, and we arrived right as they were preparing the residents for an outing. As everyone was getting on the bus, and my husband and I were able to get a look at the community, I just got the impression that it wouldn't be a great fit for my loved one.

My parents are happy here

My parents are comfortable here and are happy. They are being fed well. They have a small workout room. There is a lot of daily activities they enjoy. The staff is very friendly. It is nice and clean. They have a nice little apartment that fits their needs. The only thing that has caused some frustrations was trying to get the sister company to coordinate between each other to make sure they had all the right paperwork. I Would recommend this community.

My tour

This looked like a nice clean community when we visited. The staff were nice and friendly. This community was a little larger than what we were looking for. They do have a small garden outside.

Care and Comfort

We toured this community. We were not comfortable with the layout of the community. The staff was able to answer the questions we had on the care that would have been offered. They offered nice activities to the residents We would suggest that families tour this community.

A caring tour for mom

I toured this community and I did not have the feeling that we were looking for. It was not what we wanted. The staff was nice and helpful. They offered good activities and a good variety of meals. We would recommend that families take a tour of this community for the care of a loved one.

A distant location.

I did tour this community for care. The community was nice and the staff was able to answer the questions we had for the needs of my mom. It is clean and the variety of activities are good. I would suggest other families tour this community for the needs of there loved one. We wanted a location closer for frequent visitations.

Accommodating Friendly Staff!!

The Heritige Woods community has great staff and management. They work with all of the residents and know the needs of all of them. The meals are well balanced, low salt. The table service is quick as well. The community offers a variety of activities such as arts and crafts, sewing, and even a game room. The place has a memory care unit on site as well. I would defiantly recommend them to a friend.

Well Maintained Community!

During my tour, I noticed the place was very clean. The staff were all very friendly and answered all of my questions. They took me around the entire building and everything was organized. The residents were all interacting and looked very happy with what I saw.

Review of Heritage Woods of South Elgin - South Elgin, IL

I liked the facilities. Apartment was small. Negative is they dont allow pets. Big positive is that they accept Medicaid. Gathering documentation. Not my first choice but not eliminated from consideration.

A very pleasant experience

My loved one lived in this community. They were fantastic, absolutely 100%! Wife and I were extremely pleased with atmosphere and would highly recon to anyone in need. It was so clean, and everyone was very friendly, even the food was good. He was happy here.

fabulous facility

Everything so far has been fabulous with this facility. Everything there is great.

Carefree Living!

It's all about choices. At Heritage Woods you have many! Dining options, menu items, activities on and off site, proximity to shopping, dining and entertainment. You can be the life of the party, or a hermit. But you will enjoy a secure, maintenance-free lifestyle.

The staff there are very pleasant kind and very interested in there patients. They made a very bad decision with inhouse doctor. He doesn't follow through protocols in her opionion. My mothere absouloutley adores the facility.

Very nice, buy they did not feel their memory care facility could handle Mom's care.

A Place for Dad

My father-in-law, who has early dementia, became quickly acclimated to his new apartment. We are very please with the patience and friendliness of the staff.

Heritage Woods was such a blessing i...

Heritage Woods was such a blessing if a find! Answered all of my mother's needs with affordability. Bonus: no hidden up charges for medication dispensing or increases in needs.

The management needs to check on the ...

The management needs to check on the care that the nursing staff gave their residents ... negligence is very high...

Good for Assisted Living

they were great, but she was only there about two months, and she shouldn't have gone there.
They take very good care of people, but it is assisted living, not skilled nursing. It's a different level of care and they're not supposed to be doing what she needs. They don't have memory care. They tried, the staff was great, but for the individual people mom forgetting this or that was too much for them. It's hard because people get way worse the day after you move them! I had wanted to get her into Heritage Woods because I would like to get her back into White Oak. White oak associated with it, so you can get on the waiting list better.

We Love It

Heritage Woods is a very nice community and we love it. Our loved one needs memory care and because they had no opening yet they allowed us to move into assisted living until a memory care slot opens. They keep the community in immaculate condition. They offer a great value compared to the previous community our loved one was in. The activities director is just wonderful but they could use a little more activities. I think one reason they don't have as many activities is because more people are independent and some even have their own car. We are paying around $3,700 a month. We really love Heritage Woods and are pleased with what they are doing.

Good place.

Good place.

Fabulous facility, but they do not ha...

Fabulous facility, but they do not have a secure place for someone with dementia.

Adults 65 or better may qualify for Illinois Supportive Living Program, an assisted lifestyle.Seniors of all income levels are welcome, including those on Medicaid or only Social Security.

Carefree Living at its finest include:

* Private Apartments